[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaun's injury

LooGie

I have some thoughts on SEA vs WAS game...I apologize to the SEA homers, I'm not :D. I'm looking for some serious feedback. I've waited to post this, so i can mull it all over, and honestly, i was waiting for someone else to say it...but I digress.

I couldn't be less impressed with Alexander. After the stellar season he had (and I'm a fan, I had him in several leagues, so you KNOW i was high on him) he had 6 carries for 9 yards. He looked flat, and I truly didn't see WAS being able to contain him. Morris averaged almost 3 yards a carry, and while that's not great, he's not Alexander (who averaged 1.5). Then, Alexander got hit. I started screaming "Alexander's hurt, he's hurt!" before they announced it. I saw his body go limp. I was upset, because I like Alexander, and wanted to see him tear it up. I have him in several playoff leagues, i swear!

The replay didn't show a very hard hit, and it just seemed odd the way Alexander was jumping around, after being hurt.

I'm not saying he wasn't hurt, but I just couldn't help but feel like he was frustrated from his 6 carries, and didn't force himself back out there. Like he felt like maybe he was more concerned with himself than the team, or the win or the season.

Now, the reports are that Alexander was disoriented for nearly 20 minutes, when he happen to glance over, and notice that the offense was on the field without him. He was so disoriented that he had no idea what was going on. I can believe that....IF, in the second half...

He was not running up and down the field playing cheerleader, even getting involved in both the offensive AND defensive huddles. Cheering, clapping, screaming, jumping. You know, cheerleading. Basically, he seemed like he was pretty content being away from the line of fire. All too content if you ask me.

If you're SO disoriented that you don't know a whole NFL game is still going on, for 20 minutes, you shouldn't play next week. It's that simple, something was messed up, bad.

I just found it bizarre. That's all. Having said that, I'm speaking on a personal level about his character. If I'm wrong, I'm glad to be wrong. I posted this seperately from my analysis on the NFC championship game, because the 2 have nothing to do with each other. I'd post this if SEA was facing my nemesis Tampa Bay, or even worse, (dare i say it?) The Patriots.

I just found it bizarre. That's all. Having said that, I'm speaking on a personal level about his character. If I'm wrong, I'm glad to be wrong. I posted this seperately from my analysis on the NFC championship game, because the 2 have nothing to do with each other. I'd post this if SEA was facing my nemesis Tampa Bay, or even worse, (dare i say it?) The Patriots.

1272949[/snapback]

Couple things. First off, SA got hit in the side of the helmet by Lavar Arrington's knee, so you don't really see the hit on the replay.

Secondly, you are making a big assumption here that going back in was SA's call to make. Alexander probably COULD have played the second half, and lobbied to do so. It was the doctors who told Holmgren that he was unavailable for the rest of the day.

As Holmgren said in his press conference: "I had that feeling right after the game even that he was a little bit better than I have seen other concussion guys. I think in this day and age we’re being more careful with that type of injury and that’s the right thing to do.”

Once SA was feeling better, and he knew that he wasn't going to be playing, he tried to contribute in what ways he could: By helping keep his teammates fired up, & helping Mo Morris keep his hands dry. In light of this, I don't think your above assessment is fair.

Edited by Bonehand

I'm not a SEA homer, but I have to disagree.  I've been concussed and I don't think cheering in the second half means anything.  You get dinged, see sparks, get dizzy and maybe sick and then feel fine several minutes later.  At least fine enough to cheer for your team.

1272953[/snapback]

When you have a concussion doctors take the safe route and sit you down. Disorientation is one of the stmptoms. They took the safe route and how he looked on the sidelines doesn't mean a lot.

I'm a fan, I had him in several leagues, so you KNOW i was high on him) he had 6 carries for 9 yards. He looked flat, and I truly didn't see WAS being able to contain him.

1272949[/snapback]

RIGHT ON! Also, remember that game where he only had 3 carries for 4 yards...boy did he really suck that day :D

I've suffered 2 concussions in my life. I don't ever remember them happening or what happened directly following each for about 30-60 mins. If Shaun suffered a concussion I don't find it odd that he was held out of the game. I felt fine about an hour after both of mine but I'm sure if I took another shot to the head I would have been in big time trouble. The doctor's made the right call and he should be ready to play this week.

Loogie- are you new to the game of football or the NFL?? WOW

- Concussion, injuries can happen in a way that is not obvious. SA was held out be doctor's orders - which happens all the time. I am sure SA wanted to play, and would have played.- But if the doctors did not clear him, end of story. They tend to err on the side of caution when dealing with concussions and head injuries. You kidding me? less impressed with him? I thought it was cool of him to be into the game, cheering his boys on. Alot of guys would have gone into the locker room and been MIA- why in the world do people hate on this guy? Unreal

Loogie- are you new to the game of football or the NFL?? WOW

- Concussion, injuries can happen in a way that is not obvious. SA was held out be doctor's orders - which happens all the time. I am sure SA wanted to play, and would have played.- But if the doctors did not clear him, end of story. They tend to err on the side of caution when dealing with concussions and head injuries. You kidding me? less impressed with him? I thought it was cool of him to be into the game, cheering his boys on. Alot of guys would have gone into the locker room and been MIA- why in the world do people hate on this guy? Unreal

1273418[/snapback]

I agree. This guy gets very little slack on this board. This guy is the league MVP, NFL rushing title holder, NFL single season td record holder at 28 tds, not to mention the guy has only lost 1 fumble this year. What else does he have to do to get people to quit questioning his heart and toughness? Concussions have ended player's carreers (Troy Aikman and Steve Young are the most obvious examples), and no coach or trainer in his right mind would play Russian Roulette with one of the best players in the league.

you don't rise to SA's level and perform as he does by having an attitude that only selects the right time to play and lets you feel OK by sitting out when things are not going well. you only become the NFL's offensive MVP by wanting the ball on every down for your entire life. this becomes so ingrained in your makeup that the idea of voluntarily sitting out to protect your stats or running from a challenge is just not an option. SA is a gamer and would have been in there if the doctor's would have let him play.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off or anything. I just thought it was bizarre. If the SEA homers aren't thinking anything about it, then I shouldn't either. I'm happy to be wrong on this...

Obviously the doctors don't want to risk somebody as important as Shaun, but he has a history of freezing, or choking, or whatever you want to call it in the playoffs. I never put any thought into that, until last week.

I genuinely hope he's ok, and i truly hope he plays this weekend. It will will be that much sweeter if CAR wins.

The guy had a concussion and the immediate symptoms of it passed after a while and then he cheered for his team. Blah, blah, blah.... this is a really silly post. I wish I could have the last 5 minutes of my life back