[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL 2006 Stories that died

The Vatican Hitsquad

Year in, year out the media creates a bandwagon to jump on and then either silently slips off it when it's uncovered as a pile of horseshucks or they burn the wagon to the ground and deny they were ever on it, let alone the creator of it. This season I think there were more "stories' than any other, none of which are "hot" any longer. These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

"Colts will go undefeated" goes with "Colts might be the best team in the NFL": Yeah, so much for either of those theories.

"Who Dey": Where dey is more like it. After a lot of a$$ kissing and build up, including a recording of their very own video for the playoffs, somebody forgot to tell them NOT to fight in the locker room until the game is done.

"Bears Defense might be better than 85 Bears Defense": Give me a break. But...

"NFC North could put a .500 team or worse into playoffs": Pfft, when they were talking about this on NFL radio I knew it was BS then (a lot of NFC East fans callin in mostly, whining that it wouldn't be fair if their team is left out... blah blah blah). The Bears turned into one of the best teams in the league, and crazy as it sounds, Grossman looked pretty friggin good against Carolina and I think he could be a stud next year.

"Nobody wants to play Patriots in playoffs" goes with "Brady is undefeated in playoffs" and "Belichek can plan for anybody": A lot of excuses this season, and a cake 2nd half schedule in the worst Div in the NFL gave a lot of peopl esomethign to talk about... until a 100 yard intereception return quieted that down for good.

Last but not least...

"Randy Moss + Lamont Jordon + Kerry Collins; with an Offense like this the Raiders will have to try to outscore their oppoents with their horrible Defense holding them back": Can't leave myself out of this. That story fizzled QUICK. Norv Turner's Offensive genius produced squat in 2 years. I really can't see how ANY HC could do worse.

You forgot: Terrell Owens will cause the downfall of an entire franchise.........oh, wait a minute, that one happened.

Eagles management and Donovon McNabb ruined the Eagles, youve been watching to much TV if you think Owens is to blame!

1277267[/snapback]

Good info here.

You guys read biased articles and listen to the media and become hypnotized.

I hate the eagles and McNabb. I am loving that they will struggle for years to come now.

Year in, year out the media creates a bandwagon to jump on and then either silently slips off it when it's uncovered as a pile of horseshucks or they burn the wagon to the ground and deny they were ever on it, let alone the creator of it. This season I think there were more "stories' than any other, none of which are "hot" any longer. These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

"Colts will go undefeated" goes with "Colts might be the best team in the NFL": Yeah, so much for either of those theories.

"Who Dey": Where dey is more like it. After a lot of a$$ kissing and build up, including a recording of their very own video for the playoffs, somebody forgot to tell them NOT to fight in the locker room until the game is done.

"Bears Defense might be better than 85 Bears Defense": Give me a break. But...

"NFC North could put a .500 team or worse into playoffs": Pfft, when they were talking about this on NFL radio I knew it was BS then (a lot of NFC  East fans callin in mostly, whining that it wouldn't be fair if their team is left out... blah blah blah). The Bears turned into one of the best teams in the league, and crazy as it sounds, Grossman looked pretty friggin good against Carolina and I think he could be a stud next year.

"Nobody wants to play Patriots in playoffs" goes with "Brady is undefeated in playoffs" and "Belichek can plan for anybody": A lot of excuses this season, and a cake 2nd half schedule in the worst Div in the NFL gave a lot of peopl esomethign to talk about... until a 100 yard intereception return quieted that down for good.

Last but not least...

"Randy Moss +  Lamont Jordon + Kerry Collins; with an Offense like this the Raiders will have to try to outscore their oppoents with their horrible Defense holding them back": Can't leave myself out of this. That story fizzled QUICK. Norv Turner's Offensive genius produced squat in 2 years. I really can't see how ANY HC could do worse.

1274587[/snapback]

Just because the Pats lost doesn't mean any team would like to play them. They are fierce and just had a bad outing and a few bad calls.

But good list other than that