[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hiemerdinger to saty in NY

Rovers

Mangini told Hiemerdinger he's the Jets' OC. This may or may not last. Dinger has two years left as one of the higher paid coordinators in the NFL. Mangini could use his experience on the O side of the ball, and would provide some continuity. However, it's unlikely the Jets would fire him either, and give him a 2.5mil severance package. Once Denver's season is over, and Kubiack goes to Houston, will Sannahan ask for permission to talk to him? Will the Jets grant permission?

On another note, the DC, Donnie henderson was fired as expected. Mangini appears to be doing everything possible to both keep ST coach Westhoff in NY, but to keep him happy too.

Ex Army HC, and present Jets LB coach Bob Sutton is rumoured to be the new DC, in something of a surprise.

Edited by Rovers

Just curious, why was Donnie Henderson let go? I know the Jets had problems on D due to injury (especially against the rush) but did Donnie do all that poor of a job?

Since he came from Baltimore there are a lot of folks here wondering if he might be invited back. Seems a fair share of Raven fans werent all that happy with Rex Ryan. Of course, Ryan only had to deal with the loss of Lewis and Reed for most of the year...

Just curious, why was Donnie Henderson let go? I know the Jets had problems on D due to injury (especially against the rush) but did Donnie do all that poor of a job?

Since he came from Baltimore there are a lot of folks here wondering if he might be invited back. Seems a fair share of Raven fans werent all that happy with Rex Ryan. Of course, Ryan only had to deal with the loss of Lewis and Reed for most of the year...

1276814[/snapback]

Apparently, Henderson's fiery demeanor on the field carried into most of his dealings with the Jets, including the FO. He ruffled a lot of feathers, and could not be shown the door fast enough. His rep in this regard seems to be hurting him, and it looks like he will rejoin Edwards in KC, but only as the D backfield coach. His shouting match with Coughlin in the Giants scrimmage also seems to have hurt his rep some.

Apparently, Henderson's fiery demeanor on the field carried into most of his dealings with the Jets, including the FO. He ruffled a lot of feathers, and could not be shown the door fast enough. His rep in this regard seems to be hurting him, and it looks like he will rejoin Edwards in KC, but only as the D backfield coach. His shouting match with Coughlin in the Giants scrimmage also seems to have hurt his rep some.

1277041[/snapback]

Thanks Rovers, didnt know that. He was pretty high strung here too, but not to that degree.

He wanted out, so he became difficult in order to get himself fired.

A chip off Herm Edwards' block.

1277305[/snapback]

Oh, it was intentional? darn, I was hoping we'd be getting another head case here in Baltimore :D

Oh, it was intentional? darn, I was hoping we'd be getting another head case here in Baltimore  :D

1277346[/snapback]

You'll like him. When things are going well, he's a feisty, firey guy who gives great quotes to the media.

When things go bad, he's :D

You'll like him.  When things are going well, he's a feisty, firey guy who gives great quotes to the media.

When things go bad, he's  :D

1277495[/snapback]

Sadly, not a whole lot of good things going on here right now. There's already enough trouble without adding another potential problem.

I think its mostly just rumor anyway. Rex Ryan did a fine job this year, considering the loss of Lewis and Reed and our pitiful D-Line.

I'm not upset because this may be a rebuilding situation," he told the Newark Star-Ledger. "I'm upset because I came to work for Herman Edwards and I'm having to stay and work for someone not named Herman Edwards.

"Also, I'm upset because I interviewed for the [head] job and obviously I was third in the pecking order [behind Mangini and Mike Tice]. So, I wasn't good enough for the job and I still have to stay. I'm not happy with the situation."

Heimerdinger's agent, Bob Lamonte, told the Star-Ledger that his client is "grossly unhappy" and hopes there is a way to "work toward an amicable conclusion."

I can't see him staying much longer if he truly feels this way. Why would the Jets want a guy who doesn't want to be there?

I'm not upset because this may be a rebuilding situation," he told the Newark Star-Ledger. "I'm upset because I came to work for Herman Edwards and I'm having to stay and work for someone not named Herman Edwards.

"Also, I'm upset because I interviewed for the [head] job and obviously I was third in the pecking order [behind Mangini and Mike Tice]. So, I wasn't good enough for the job and I still have to stay. I'm not happy with the situation."

Heimerdinger's agent, Bob Lamonte, told the Star-Ledger that his client is "grossly unhappy" and hopes there is a way to "work toward an amicable conclusion."

I can't see him staying much longer if he truly feels this way. Why would the Jets want a guy who doesn't want to be there?

1277976[/snapback]

Funny you mentioned this, I just heard it on our local sports station.

What's the latest on the Def. Coordinator position? It was rumored that he wanted Ryan for the job, Ryan's contract was expired, he has a new head coach coming in, etc., but I read he signed a 2 year extension in Oakland.

Mangini is obviously a Belichick defensive system coach, so it's not surprising someone not on the Belichick tree was let go in Henderson.

I'm just curious where Mangini will turn on the defensive side.

Edited by charty

1278016[/snapback]

Rovers:

Ex Army HC, and present Jets LB coach Bob Sutton is rumoured to be the new DC, in something of a surprise.

I believe Sutton got the job.

What's the latest on the Def. Coordinator position?  It was rumored that he wanted Ryan for the job, Ryan's contract was expired, he has a new head coach coming in, etc., but I read he signed a 2 year extension in Oakland.

Mangini is obviously a Belichick defensive system coach, so it's not surprising someone not on the Belichick tree was let go in Henderson.

1278016[/snapback]

Supposedly, Ryan will get a new 3 year deal from big Al. Sutton is rumored to be the next DC, and I choice I'm fine with. He was Army's HC for nine years, and has done a great job with the Jets' LB corp. Heimerdinger is being an incredible ass. he's one of the highest paid coordinators in the NFL, but is whining that he didn't get the HC job. Then, he went to the press, or the press came to him, but his reason for wanting out? Because Edwards is gone? BS. He wants to get fired and collect 2.25 mil the next two years. He is under contract, a garanteed contract, which is a two way street. What a jerk.

The Jets reportedly gave Mike Westhoff, one of the best ST's coaches in the league, a hefty raise and he will stay. But Heimerdinger seems to want either Saunders money, but more likely, knows if he goes to Denver, he gets a salary cut.