[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks/Panthers

Bonehand

There’s been a lot of talk this week about how the Seahawks racked up their record against a sorry schedule & an even sorrier NFC West. "Who'd they Beat?" is the unending refrain.

But that got me to thinking, Who'd the Panther's beat?

Season QB Rating of Panthers Opponents:

New Orleans L 20 - 23 Aaron Brooks 70.0

New England W 27 - 17 Tom Brady 92.3

Miami L 24 - 27 Gus Frerotte 70.9

Green Bay W 32 - 29 Brett Favre 70.9

Arizona W 24 - 20 Josh McCown 74.9

Detroit W 21 - 20 Joey Harrington 72.0

Minnesota W 38 - 13 C-Pep 72.0, Johnson 88.9

Tampa Bay W 34 - 14 Chris Simms 81.4

York Jets W 30 - 3 Brooks Bollinger 72.9

Chicago L 3 - 13 Kyle Orton 59.7

Buffalo W 13 - 9 J.P. Losman 64.9

Atlanta W 24 - 6 Michael Vick 73.1

Tampa Bay L 10 - 20 Chris Simms 81.4

New Orleans W 27 - 10 Todd Bouman 54.7

Dallas L 20 - 24 Drew Bledsoe 83.9

Atlanta W 44 - 11 Michael Vick 73.1

NY Giants W 23 – 0 Eli Manning 75.9

Chicago W 29 – 21 Rex Grossman 59.7

Seattle TBD Matt Hasselbeck 98.2

Conclusion? The Panther’s racked up THEIR record against a collection of arguably the most sorry QB’s ever played in a single NFL season. Sure, you can feel good about beating up on such luminaries as Brooks Bollinger, Kyle Orton, & Todd Bouman, but face facts Panther fans, your team hasn't seen a QB of the caliber of Matt Hasselbeck since week 2. I see nothing to make me think that the CAR D can even SLOW much less stop the deadly efficiency of this SEA offense.

My Prediction? Tomorrow, Hass will slice through the CAR secondary like a coked-up sushi chef. Hawks Win: 31-17. :D

Post 1234! Go 'Hawks!

when was the last time the Hawks played against an "on fire" QB as Delhomme?

1279975[/snapback]

I am absolutely SURE that Delhomme cannot stop Hasselbeck. :D

Edited by Bonehand

There’s been a lot of talk this week about how the Seahawks racked up their record against a sorry schedule & an even sorrier NFC West. "Who'd they Beat?" is the unending refrain.

New Orleans L 20 - 23  Aaron Brooks 70.0

New England W 27 - 17  Tom Brady 92.3

Miami L 24 - 27    Gus Frerotte 70.9

Green Bay W 32 - 29    Brett Favre 70.9

Arizona W 24 - 20    Josh McCown 74.9

Detroit W 21 - 20    Joey Harrington 72.0

Minnesota W 38 - 13    C-Pep 72.0, Johnson 88.9

Tampa Bay W 34 - 14  Chris Simms 81.4

York Jets W 30 - 3    Brooks Bollinger 72.9

Chicago L 3 - 13    Kyle Orton 59.7

Buffalo W 13 - 9    J.P. Losman 64.9

Atlanta W 24 - 6    Michael Vick 73.1

Tampa Bay L 10 - 20    Chris Simms 81.4

New Orleans W 27 - 10  Todd Bouman 54.7

Dallas L 20 - 24    Drew Bledsoe 83.9

Atlanta W 44 - 11    Michael Vick 73.1

NY Giants W 23 – 0  Eli Manning 75.9

Chicago W 29 – 21  Rex Grossman 59.7

Seattle TBD                                              Matt Hasselbeck 98.2 

Conclusion? The Panther’s racked up THEIR record against a collection of arguably the most sorry QB’s ever played in a single NFL season. Sure, you can feel good about beating up on such luminaries as Brooks Bollinger, Kyle Orton, & Todd Bouman, but face facts Panther fans, your team hasn't seen a QB of the caliber of Matt Hasselbeck since week 2. I see nothing to make me think that the CAR D can even SLOW much less stop the deadly efficiency of this SEA offense.

My Prediction? Tomorrow, Hass will slice through the CAR secondary like a coked-up sushi chef.  Hawks Win: 31-17.  :D

Post 1234! Go 'Hawks!

1279946[/snapback]

Why don't you list the same stats for the Seahawks??? You will likely see similar stats, when you look at the Seahawks opponents. If you want to compare oranges, lets compare oranges. You also need to look at the QB rating that Jake has earned in the playoffs over his 6 games.... :D I think I saw a stat that his 5-1 record and rating is something like 108.4, so the comparison needs to be on both sides.

The Hawks have had a great season, no question about that, but their lack of playoff experience may be one of those intangibles that is hard to quantify. I expect a tough, hard fought game with a very close game, with the Panthers winning by a FG. I may be wrong, but if the Seahawks do manage to beat my Panthers, I would seriously think it will be by 31-17.

Good luck tomorrow, you are going to need it!! :D

Why don't you list the same stats for the Seahawks???  You will likely see similar stats, when you look at the Seahawks opponents. 

1279982[/snapback]

Fair enough, by request:

Season QB Rating of Seahawks Opponents:

Jacksonville Jaguars L 14-26 B. Leftwich 89.3

Atlanta Falcons W 21-18 Michael Vick 73.1

Arizona Cardinals W 37-12 K. Warner 85.8 / Josh McCown 74.9

Washington Redskins L 17-20 Mark Brunell 85.9

St. Louis Rams W 37-31 Marc Bulger 94.4

Houston Texans W 42-10 David Carr 77.2

Dallas Cowboys W 13-10 Drew Bledsoe 83.9

Arizona Cardinals W 33-19 K. Warner 85.8

St. Louis Rams W 31-16 Marc Bulger 94.4

San Francisco 49ers W 27-25 Ken Dorsey 66.9

New York Giants W 24-21 Eli Manning 75.9

Philadelphia Eagles W 42-0 Mike McMahon 55.2

San Francisco 49ers W 41-3 Alex Smith 40.8

Tennessee Titans W 28-24 Steve McNair 82.4

Indianapolis Colts W 28-13 Jim Sorgi 99.4

Green Bay Packers L 17-23 Brett Favre 70.9

Washington Redskins W 20-10 Mark Brunell 85.9

Carolina Panthers TBD Jake Delhomme 88.1

PANTHER AVG OPPONENT QB RATING 73.36

SEAHAWK AVG OPPONENT QB RATING 79.24

Edited: As both teams knocked a QB out of the game this season, for purposes of AVG, when 2 QB's played I took the Higher QB rating. Also, for the Indy game v. Hawks, I just went with Sorgi, as Peyton only played 2 series.

Edited by Bonehand

Guest caucasian

This should be a fun game to watch, and should be pretty high scoring. I expect both teams in the 20+ point range. And I agree with everyone's arguments above. Carolina is the hottest team in the playoffs right now (w/Pittsburgh). But Seattle, is the best team left (at least in the NFC). Either way, I think Pittsburgh is gonna do it this year, finally.

delhomme will be slicing up some cajun fare for the soggy hawks fans-panthers secondary will have at least 3 picks-lucas has something to prove-so does the rest of the team-we deserve to be in the superbowl-panthers 23  seahawks-17

1280186[/snapback]

why do deserve it more than the Seahawks again?

why do deserve it more than the Seahawks again?

1280295[/snapback]

Yup, nobody deserves to be in the Super Bowl until the games are played on Sunday. And despite what anybody says at that point (or has been saying all along) the teams that are there are the ones that deserve it.

Regardless of the regular season schedule, you have to play the "good" teams in the playoffs.

Edited by NoSupe4You

New Orleans L 20 - 23  Aaron Brooks 70.0

New England W 27 - 17  Tom Brady 92.3

Miami L 24 - 27    Gus Frerotte 70.9

Green Bay W 32 - 29    Brett Favre 70.9

Arizona W 24 - 20    Josh McCown 74.9

Detroit W 21 - 20    Joey Harrington 72.0

Minnesota W 38 - 13    C-Pep 72.0, Johnson 88.9

Tampa Bay W 34 - 14  Chris Simms 81.4

York Jets W 30 - 3    Brooks Bollinger 72.9

Chicago L 3 - 13    Kyle Orton 59.7

Buffalo W 13 - 9    J.P. Losman 64.9

Atlanta W 24 - 6    Michael Vick 73.1

Tampa Bay L 10 - 20    Chris Simms 81.4

New Orleans W 27 - 10  Todd Bouman 54.7

Dallas L 20 - 24    Drew Bledsoe 83.9

Atlanta W 44 - 11    Michael Vick 73.1

NY Giants W 23 – 0  Eli Manning 75.9

Chicago W 29 – 21  Rex Grossman 59.7

Seattle TBD                                              Matt Hasselbeck 98.2 

My Prediction? Tomorrow, Hass will slice through the CAR secondary like a coked-up sushi chef.  Hawks Win: 31-17.  :D

Post 1234! Go 'Hawks!

1279946[/snapback]

A QB is just 1 part of a team. And to be honest all the best QB's are out of the playoffs. that would OBVIOUSLY mean that you are overrating what a QB means to a team which in turn ruins your prediction and views of this whole post.

um...first off, we could argue that the our secondary CREATED those terrible QB ratings. The best rating was Brady and CAR still won.

secondly, anyone who followed ANY panther game this year, or followed football AT ALL in 03 or 04 knows that they start off slow and get stronger at the end of the season. For some reason, this team just clicks in the stretch and while it drives me crazy in the first half of the season, I'd rather them click at the end, than the beginning. That CAR DEF could've been RAPED in the first half. McCown through for almost 400 yrds. And still had a low rating, so what you say has some truth. But don't forget what that DEF is capable of doing tomorrow. Not what they did 15 weeks ago.

I'm not that big on the SEA having a weak sched. While they did, it's still hard to win any games in the NFL. Much less 14 of them.

A few of your precious home games were wrapped up and DONE when SEA got a few lucky breaks. (Feely, missing oh....3 FGs to win it. DAL losing it in the final 10 seconds or some crap) so the "mystique" of that loud ass stadium doesn't scare me.

Fair enough, by request:

Season QB Rating of Seahawks Opponents:

Jacksonville Jaguars L 14-26  B. Leftwich 89.3

Atlanta Falcons W 21-18  Michael Vick 73.1

Arizona Cardinals W 37-12  K. Warner 85.8 / Josh McCown 74.9

Washington Redskins L 17-20                  Mark Brunell 85.9

St. Louis Rams W 37-31  Marc Bulger 94.4

Houston Texans W 42-10  David Carr 77.2

Dallas Cowboys W 13-10  Drew Bledsoe 83.9

Arizona Cardinals W 33-19  K. Warner 85.8

St. Louis Rams W 31-16  Marc Bulger 94.4

San Francisco 49ers W 27-25                  Ken Dorsey 66.9

New York Giants W 24-21  Eli Manning 75.9

Philadelphia Eagles W 42-0  Mike McMahon 55.2

San Francisco 49ers W 41-3  Alex Smith 40.8

Tennessee Titans W 28-24  Steve McNair 82.4

Indianapolis Colts W 28-13  Jim Sorgi 99.4

Green Bay Packers L 17-23  Brett Favre 70.9

Washington Redskins W 20-10                  Mark Brunell 85.9

Carolina Panthers TBD  Jake Delhomme 88.1

PANTHER AVG OPPONENT QB RATING        73.36

SEAHAWK AVG OPPONENT QB RATING        79.24

Edited: As both teams knocked a QB out of the game this season, for purposes of AVG, when 2 QB's played I took the Higher QB rating. Also, for the Indy game v. Hawks, I just went with Sorgi, as Peyton only played 2 series.

1280017[/snapback]

you really gotta excuse alot of QBs from your sched. Alex Smith with a 40? Carr..McMahon, the fact of the matter is SEA allowed higher QB ratings than CAR did. Your secondary is severely overrated. And it's not even rated that high.

um...first off, we could argue that the our secondary CREATED those terrible QB ratings. The best rating was Brady and CAR still won.

1281038[/snapback]

Uh, NO! Sorry LooG, but if you would bother to read, the comparison is of QB rating for the ENTIRE SEASON, so its the average of all 16 games.

As great as you think the Panthers are, they only played each opponent once or twice, which can only contribute to, but not determine, the season-long QB rating of anyone.

Well, except for C-pep, who they broke. :D