[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pittsburgh RB's in 2006

Copeman

Good replies, all.  I think C. Taylor would fit well, and of course I am sure we'll all hear the yearly rumor of Duckett coming to the Burgh.  I think they need to do something.  I like Parker, but do not think he's capable of that many carries.  I think the Steelers will throw a bit more next year, but it's the Steelers, they will still run more than most every team.  Parker will get worn down.  Haynes has been with them for a while, but he is not tested as an every-down back.  This is the one position they must solidify going into next season, every other psoition will remain virtually the same as this past year.  They will need a back who they know is capable of carrying the load during the season.  The running game is THE most important facet of the Steeler game.  I think they go after a big name via FA.  It's the Steelers, the run game is as important to them as the passing game of the Colts.  It is their bread and butter, and they know in order to keep this team going in the direction they are going, they will need a big time back who they feel comfortable with to carry the load.  I don't think Parker can do it for the whole year.  And for them to even hope he could, would be nuts IMO.  I like Parker, but they're gonna need another big back.

1285148[/snapback]

The Steelers should stay clear of C. Taylor. He brings just about the same skill set to the table as Parker does, but will cost more $$$. Get another bruiser and you'll have no worries.

Here's comes the Duckett talk as someone pointed out.....but how about a draft day trade with the Falcons like they did in '97 with the Rams? He would be a perfect fit.

A better fit, running style wise, would be J. Lewis. The Steelers don't want any felons though....

I think the real sleeper here is Staley. He was injured/inactive for many games this year. Barring any off-season injuries or anything stupid, if the Steelers keep him, it may be a blessing. He will be very well rested. If he can remain healthy and produce as we all know he is capable of, their ground game could be better than this past year. But thats alot of hoping for someone with many question marks like Duce has. Would the Steelers take that chance? I'm not so sure.

I think the real sleeper here is Staley.  He was injured/inactive for many games this year.  Barring any off-season injuries or anything stupid, if the Steelers keep him, it may be a blessing.  He will be very well rested.  If he can remain healthy and produce as we all know he is capable of, their ground game could be better than this past year.  But thats alot of hoping for someone with many question marks like Duce has.  Would the Steelers take that chance?  I'm not so sure.

1285343[/snapback]

I'm not sure of the exact number, but, I know his cap number is rather large if they keep him next year. With his injuries, I doubt he stays, unless he follows Bettis' lead and excepts a major paycut.

I'm not sure of the exact number, but, I know his cap number is rather large if they keep him next year.  With his injuries, I doubt he stays, unless he follows Bettis' lead and excepts a major paycut.

1285502[/snapback]

I agree. Too much money to pay for a big question mark. Staley is out.