[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just my random Hawk thoughts

Seahawks21

The weekend the playoffs started, I was asked which of the playoffs teams scared me the most. I replied none, as the Seahawks in particular tend to beat themselves more often than they get beaten by an opponent. I added, however, that the team they matched up the worst with would be the Pittsburgh Steelers. I thought they could score with Indy and NE, and at least give themselves a chance to win late. Now, while I don't have any kinds of stats to back this up, I know for a fact that the Seahawks have been the worst team against the power running game over the last 20 years. Scare me? Not nearly as much as I first thought, especially after seeing how phsycial this defense has become in the playoffs.

The front seven has been absolutely vicious! Every single one is stepping up. Tatupu--I still can't gauge how good this guy is. He keeps topping himself. Unreal

Leroy Hill--fast, young rookie OLB always around the ball, good passrusher too

B. Fisher--has the motor we though Wistrom would originally. Thanks Rams

Tubbs, Darby, Rocky-- All 3 take turns making plays. Unprecedented in Seattle!!

It is now time to confess my biggest man-crush of them all. Bigger than Deion, Napoleon, and dare I say...Reggie.

Matt Hasselbeck is freaking ridiculous. I've tried really not to say much about him over the past few seasons, trying to see if anyone around the nation would figure out the hidden gem we've got here. He is every bit the leader of Favre in his prime. He sincerely loves his teammates and they feel the same admiration for him. He is the kind of special leader that never has to say a word about being a leader. He just rubs off on everyone.

When watching Hasselbeck, you become so enamoured by both his decision making and improv that you don't even realize he's got a cannon and throws perfect passes all over the field. He has got this west coast offense clicking the way Young, Montana and Favre did. The last three or so years watching him perfect this offense while still finding a way to put his own signature on it have been really just a pleasure to watch. Its really kind of a cool thing when it works out. The one thing that I thought always kept Hasselbeck in the 2nd tier of quarterbacks was that before, when showing his positives, his biggest compliment would be that the guy is just a player. Flat out. Now, finally, we can say...the guy is just a winner. :D

Edited by Seahawks21

Matt Hasselbeck is freaking ridiculous.  I've tried really not to say much about him over the past few seasons, trying to see if anyone around the nation would figure out the hidden gem we've got here.  He is every bit the leader of Favre in his prime.  He sincerely loves his teammates and they feel the same admiration for him.  He is the kind of special leader that never has to say a word about being a leader.  He just rubs off on everyone.

He might be the same kind of leader, but Favre is a bit of a different player.

When watching Hasselbeck, you become so enamoured by both his decision making and improv that you don't even realize he's got a cannon and throws perfect passes all over the field.  He has got this west coast offense clicking the way Young, Montana and Favre did.

Again, I'm not trying to disagree with you, but you're talking about three of the 6 best QBs of the last 20 years. Not comfortable putting Hasselbeck up there as of yet.

The last three or so years watching him perfect this offense while still finding a way to put his own signature on it have been really just a pleasure to watch.  Its really kind of a cool thing when it works out.  The one thing that I thought always kept Hasselbeck in the 2nd tier of quarterbacks was that before, when showing his positives, his biggest compliment would be that the guy is just a player. Flat out.  Now, finally, we can say...the guy is just a winner.  :D

1286302[/snapback]

I don't disagree with any of this. It has been a pleasure to watch him grow, and most especially watch the last 9 weeks: 68.4% completions, 1769 yards, 16-2 TD:INT ratio.