[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If I were a Hawks fan

steeler

I posted this in another thread, but nobody really acknowledged it. I don't think blaming the officials is the way to go because the Seahawks didn't play well (neither team did). So if I were a Hawks fan:

I would be pissed that DJax extended his arm (weather or not it was PI) because he didn't have to do it.... he gave the offiical a chance to make a judgement call when he didn't have to.

I would also be pissed about giving up a 3rd and 28 when the score was 3-0.

I would also be pissed that they miss-managed the clock at the end of the first half and at the end of the game.

I would also be pissed that my PK missed two FGs (although they were long ones).

I would also be pissed that they gave up that long run to Fast Willie Parker.

I would also be pissed that they gave up the flea-flicker TD to H. Ward.

I would also be pissed that Tom Ruin (I realize that's not how you spell his name, but this spelling is more fitting) kicked EVERY punt into the endzone when he had a chance to pin the Steelers deep.... he sucked today, along with the rest of the team.

I would also be pissed that M. Hasselbeck threw that terrible interception rather than trying something safer to setup a FG to bring the score to 14-13.

I would also be pissed that my team won the turnover battle, but still lost the game.

I posted this in another thread, but nobody really acknowledged it.  I don't think blaming the officials is the way to go because the Seahawks didn't play well (neither team did).  So if I were a Hawks fan:

I would be pissed that DJax extended his arm (weather or not it was PI) because he didn't have to do it.... he gave the offiical a chance to make a judgement call when he didn't have to. His judgment call came very late by the way.. bad call

I would also be pissed about giving up a 3rd and 28 when the score was 3-0. I was. Good catch by Ward. Good game by Ward.

I would also be pissed that they miss-managed the clock at the end of the first half and at the end of the game. I was. Hard to imagine what was going on with communication and thought process.

I would also be pissed that my PK missed two FGs (although they were long ones). Tough kicks.

I would also be pissed that they gave up that long run to Fast Willie Parker. :Dcheck the tape.. Heath Miller holing Bryce Fisher at the LOS, preventing the tackle.

I would also be pissed that they gave up the flea-flicker TD to H. Ward. I was. Not making excuses, but our 3rd string safety bit way too hard on the run.

I would also be pissed that Tom Ruin (I realize that's not how you spell his name, but this spelling is more fitting) kicked EVERY punt into the endzone when he had a chance to pin the Steelers deep.... he sucked today, along with the rest of the team. No, the team did not suck, but yes the punter did.

I would also be pissed that M. Hasselbeck threw that terrible interception rather than trying something safer to setup a FG to bring the score to 14-13. Matt played a good game.

I would also be pissed that my team won the turnover battle, but still lost the game. Yep.. pissed about that too.

1307866[/snapback]

Overall, not pissed though. Happy that the 30 year old franchise finally played in the superbowl. Forever disappointed the refs altered the game enough that I'll never know who should have won.

Overall, not pissed though. Happy that the 30 year old franchise finally played in the superbowl. Forever disappointed the refs altered the game enough that I'll never know who should have won.

1307869[/snapback]

Seriously, this is getting rediculous, lets hear where the refs gave the Steelers the game......

His judgment call came very late by the way.. bad call

His call appeared to be late because he couldn't get the flag out of his pocket immediately... he double clutched before throwing it out there. Plus, some of the talking heads said it was a good call :D

Heath Miller holing Bryce Fisher at the LOS, preventing the tackle.

:D I didn't see the hold. How about the safety missing the tacke at the LOS? How about the other safety taking a bad angle?

Matt played a good game.

67 passer rating is good?

From your perspective; the Steelers should have won because the Seahawks couldn't overcome their own mistakes and the questionable calls.

1307872[/snapback]

Hard to overcome what the refs did, yes. The game was changed several times by the refs. shame.

Hard to overcome what the refs did, yes. The game was changed several times by the refs. shame.

1307886[/snapback]

I think you are being as much of a homer as I am being accused of being. Your team got beat in the SB because they didn't play well enough.

His call appeared to be late because he couldn't get the flag out of his pocket immediately... he double clutched before throwing it out there.  Plus, some of the talking heads said it was a good call :D

:D I didn't see the hold.  How about the safety missing the tacke at the LOS?  How about the other safety taking a bad angle?

67 passer rating is good?

1307884[/snapback]

Yes, Matt played a good game. Not great. Good. Yep.. safeties missed the tackle. No problem with that. Problem is that Willie probably would have been down in the backfield by Fisher. I don't care what some of the talking heads said... the flag should not have been thrown on DJax. If you're going to throw that flag, throw the flag for holding on the Parker TD. Throw the flag for offsides.

The issue is not about a few individual plays. The officiating was gross. If you care about "what 'the talking heads said" take another read through all the rubbish tonight and notice how many non-seahawk fans agree. Sad.

I think you are being as much of a homer as I am being accused of being.  Your team got beat in the SB because they didn't play well enough.

1307887[/snapback]

Maybe. That's what's frustrating. I don't know that. Nor do you or anyone else. Collectively, we all got robbed.

This is an impossible debate. Steeler fans aren't going to say the refs affected the outcome even though its quite apparent to non-partisan viewers that they did. I can't blame them for that....I'm quite sure I'd have a hard time doing that if it were my team.

Steeler fans should quietly enjoy their win and accept that no one's buying it.

This is an impossible debate.  Steeler fans aren't going to say the refs affected the outcome even though its quite apparent to non-partisan viewers that they did.

1308883[/snapback]

Everyone agree that it's apparent that the Steelers had far more calls go their way? Yes.

Everyone agree that it's apparent that they affected the outcome? I think not.

Just look at the Steelers vs. Colts game. Colts had all the calls go their way. Did it affect the outcome? No. Steelers won.

This is an impossible debate.  Steeler fans aren't going to say the refs affected the outcome even though its quite apparent to non-partisan viewers that they did.  I can't blame them for that....I'm quite sure I'd have a hard time doing that if it were my team.

Steeler fans should quietly enjoy their win and accept that no one's buying it.

1308883[/snapback]

You are correct. And while it may not have seemed like it from my posting last night, I want to make it very clear. I mean no disrespect to Steelers. Not their fault.

Everyone agree that it's apparent that the Steelers had far more calls go their way?  Yes.

Everyone agree that it's apparent that they affected the outcome?  I think not.

Just look at the Steelers vs. Colts game.  Colts had all the calls go their way.  Did it affect the outcome?  No.  Steelers won.

1308917[/snapback]

I partially agree with this here squeeg.

But just as I said that the officials should of been investigated for that pathetically called game vs Indy I say the same thing after the superbowl. no matter IF Pitt is the better team (which I do believe). this playoffs(by this I mean the refs and whomever else may have contributed to these crazy calls) has hurt the game of football and us fans .

Now I am not saying that Pitt fans should not be proud of what their team accomplished because they very well should be. if for nothing else they should be extra proud of the way they overcame Indy and the refs to go on to win the superbowl. but for us fans wanting a good game the refs sure did cheat us on that.

Everyone agree that it's apparent that the Steelers had far more calls go their way?  Yes.

Everyone agree that it's apparent that they affected the outcome?  I think not.

Just look at the Steelers vs. Colts game.  Colts had all the calls go their way.  Did it affect the outcome?  No.  Steelers won.

1308917[/snapback]

Let's get real for a second. Did the refs affect the outcome of the game? ABSOLUTELY. Not saying Sea would have won- but they played a major major role in the outcome- no question.

As for Pitt/Indy- if Roth doesn't make that miracle trip at the end, Pitt losed and it would have been a complete travesty. I highly doubt you would take the high road at that point.

I partially agree with this here squeeg.

But just as I said that the officials should of been investigated for that pathetically called game vs Indy I say the same thing after the superbowl. no matter IF Pitt is the better team (which I do believe). this playoffs(by this I mean the refs and whomever else may have contributed to these crazy calls) has hurt the game of football and us fans .

Now I am not saying that Pitt fans should not be proud of what their team accomplished because they very well should be. if for nothing else they should be extra proud of the way they overcame Indy and the refs to go on to win the superbowl. but for us fans wanting a good game the refs sure did cheat us on that.

1308962[/snapback]

Agree the officiating in the playoffs has been terrible. The NFL has to take steps to ensure that this does not happen again.

Disagree that the refs cheated the fans out of a good game. Both teams played pretty darn poorly and deserve the lion's share of the blame.