[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A classy conservative does it again.

evil_gop_liars

I never knew Asia was so densely populated.  I thought it had a lot of people, but was also large ...

Those Chinamen and Indians need to cut the procreation thing ...

1312621[/snapback]

Let me compare cities of one million people that I know very well: Detroit and Guiyang China. Detroit's main form of housing, much cities all across America including your Hurricane Rita magnet, is row after row after row of one family houses. Guiyang on the otherhand is all skyscrapers. Everybody lives in an apartment and housing floor space (per capita) is expensive.

So what you get in Detroit is a city of a million spread out over a great land area; whereas a Chinese city of 1 million is vertical. I can walk corner to corner across Guiyang in three hours. The same cab ride, through heavy congested traffic is 15 minutes. You could easily place 50 and maybe more like 100 Guiyangs inside of Detroit city limits.

As for your other point, the really nice thing about totalitarian regimes is that they can put their foot down on population control, enforce rules, and get away with it. If India ever tried to enforce China's one child policy, the government dumb enough to install that wouldn't win a single seat in the next election.

Let me compare cities of one million people that I know very well: Detroit and Guiyang China. Detroit's main form of housing, much cities all across America including your Hurricane Rita magnet, is row after row after row of one family houses. Guiyang on the otherhand is all skyscrapers. Everybody lives in an apartment and housing floor space (per capita) is expensive.

So what you get in Detroit is a city of a million spread out over a great land area; whereas a Chinese city of 1 million is vertical. I can walk corner to corner across Guiyang in three hours. The same cab ride, through heavy congested traffic is 15 minutes. You could easily place 50 and maybe more like 100 Guiyangs inside of Detroit city limits.

As for your other point, the really nice thing about totalitarian regimes is that they can put their foot down on population control, enforce rules, and get away with it. If India ever tried to enforce China's one child policy, the government dumb enough to install that wouldn't win a single seat in the next election.

1312885[/snapback]

The totalitarian thing has nothing to due with China's one-child policy. According to Ursa's hypothesis, the Chinese themselves have individually decided to limit the number of kids that they are having since China is too full already--the government just put the one-child policy into place as a way of making the government look like it has the same values as its citizens. :D

well, strangely enough you picked one of the few utterances from that vile reptile that actually has some factual support behind it.  the birth rate in europe IS way down except among immigrants, a demographic trend that, if continued, will have pretty much the effect he's talking about.

1312203[/snapback]

strangly the same thing is happening here

The totalitarian thing has nothing to due with China's one-child policy.  According to Ursa's hypothesis, the Chinese themselves have individually decided to limit the number of kids that they are having since China is too full already--the government just put the one-child policy into place as a way of making the government look like it has the same values as its citizens.  :D

1312905[/snapback]

That's very, very extremely true too.

I'm 34 with no kids and want them very much. I'm tall, dark, and handsome and earn tons of Chinese funny munny. But whenever I get serious with a girl or tell my friends what I want (four kids or so ... is that so wrong? I can easily afford it) I get the :D . The only one that didn't :D was the psychopathic manic-depressive I married who refused to get pregnant and treated me like an ATM machine.

I think Chinese women are hot, but I'm about ready to bail on this place. I think women in sub-Sahara Africa are much more reasonable on the number of children front. :D I could probably go back to the States and give it a go with a you know, real American chick, but the tall dark handome thing doesn't go over so well when you're 5'10, 1/2 Italian with round eyes and substitute teach while living with your mom at 8 Mile. Believe me, I tried that first before I settled on this.

That's very, very extremely true too.

I'm 34 with no kids and want them very much. I'm tall, dark, and handsome and earn tons of Chinese funny munny. But whenever I get serious with a girl or tell my friends what I want (four kids or so ... is that so wrong? I can easily afford it) I get the  :D . The only one that didn't  :D was the psychopathic manic-depressive I married who refused to get pregnant and treated me like an ATM machine.

I think Chinese women are hot, but I'm about ready to bail on this place. I think women in sub-Sahara Africa are much more reasonable on the number of children front.  :D  I could probably go back to the States and give it a go with a you know, real American chick, but the tall dark handome thing doesn't go over so well when you're 5'10, 1/2 Italian with round eyes and substitute teach while living with your mom at 8 Mile. Believe me, I tried that first before I settled on this.

1312958[/snapback]

go russian mail-order. wedgie can probably give you the best advice on this topic. :D

go russian mail-order.  wedgie can probably give you the best advice on this topic.  :D

1313028[/snapback]

Not necessary when I can just go to Russia and pick one for myself.

Remember I make a career out of acting like John Ritter/Jim Carrey/Charlie Chaplin/Mr. Rogers/Barney and teaching English to overseas five year olds.

Edited by Voltaire

The totalitarian thing has nothing to due with China's one-child policy.  According to Ursa's hypothesis, the Chinese themselves have individually decided to limit the number of kids that they are having since China is too full already--the government just put the one-child policy into place as a way of making the government look like it has the same values as its citizens.  :D

1312905[/snapback]

Wiegie, Ursa's hypothesis was but one facet of many and applied to Europe, not necessarily Asia.