[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A classy conservative does it again.

evil_gop_liars

Robertson: Europe committing "racial suicide"

Summary: Pat Robertson said, "Europe is right now in the midst of racial suicide because of the declining birth rate."

During the February 6 edition of Christian Broadcasting Network's (CBN) The 700 Club, host Pat Robertson said that "Europe is right now in the midst of racial suicide because of the declining birth rate." Robertson blamed the declining birth rate on the existential philosophy of Jean-Paul Sartre, which, according to Robertson, "has permeated the intellectual thinking of Europe" and has left Europeans without "a faith in the future."

From the February 6 edition of CBN's The 700 Club:

ROBERTSON: Studies that I have read indicate that having babies is a sign of a faith in the future. You know, unless you believe in the future, you're not going to take the trouble of raising a child, educating a child, doing something. If there is no future, why do it? Well, unless you believe in God, there's really no future. And when you go back to the existentialism of Jean-Paul Sartre, the whole idea of this desperate nightmare we are in -- you know, that we are in this prison, and it has no hope, no exit. That kind of philosophy has permeated the intellectual thinking of Europe, and hopefully it doesn't come here. But nevertheless, ladies and gentlemen, Europe is right now in the midst of racial suicide because of the declining birth rate. And they just can't get it together. Why? There's no hope.

:D

well, strangely enough you picked one of the few utterances from that vile reptile that actually has some factual support behind it.  the birth rate in europe IS way down except among immigrants, a demographic trend that, if continued, will have pretty much the effect he's talking about.

1312203[/snapback]

Yep. That's what I thought when I read it.

Robertson of course misses the mark by equating cultural traditions with race (no surprise since he is a moran), but it is true that the combination of immigration of non-Europeans into Europe plus low native European birth-rates will create serious (and potentially harmful from a traditional western point of view) changes in Europe in the 21st Century.

a few threads to consider:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=96003&st=0

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...35entry556735

yes he is.  Iran is muslim. Denmark (and the rest of europe) is christian.  The "proper" response would be to make fun of Jesus.  Instead, they'll make fun of the holocaust instead because I'm sure he blames all the world's problems on the jews - just like hitler did. 

he is looney.

1312280[/snapback]

I'm not sure that Satre ever advocated not having children, but it's been a long time since I read anything he wrote so I must have forgotten.

But props to Pat Robertson, I didn't realize that the man read more than one book.

I'm not sure that Satre ever advocated not having children, but it's been a long time since I read anything he wrote so I must have forgotten.

But props to Pat Robertson, I didn't realize that the man read more than one book.

1312327[/snapback]

Voltaire's back for two days and he's already screwing up his responses.

Voltaire's back for two days and he's already screwing up his responses.

1312336[/snapback]

I uh... I uh... don't see my screw up. Need some clearer help here.

sure, but in this particular case i don't see much practical difference between the two.

1312342[/snapback]

Would you still consider this issue important if the immigrants were coming into Europe and adopting traditional European customs and traditions while assimilating themselves into the European culture?

I'm guessing not (although I might be wrong)--which means that the issue is cultural and not racial.

:D you somehow quoted and responded to a post that wasn't in this thread.  neat trick, however you did it.

1312345[/snapback]

Maybe it's becuase I've no idea what the difference is between "quote" and "reply." What happens is I hit one and when it doesnt work, then I go and hit the other one. That's been going on for two days now.

Somehow I must have confused the system which may not be as hard as it seems considering how often I confuse myself.

Maybe it's becuase I've no idea what the difference is between "quote" and "reply." What happens is I hit one and when it doesnt work, then I go and hit the other one. That's been going on for two days now.

Somehow I must have confused the system which may not be as hard as it seems considering how often I confuse myself.

1312361[/snapback]

Hit reply to directly quote it in the same thread.

Hit quote to save it in a buffer, which will be added when you hit add reply to any thread.

I'm really digging this Satre stuff. I'm having trouble finding the part about not having children though.

You know, after listening to Pat Robertson's take on the Bible all these years, I think it's pretty obvious that his reading comprehension must be really bad.

Edited by Voltaire

1312361[/snapback]

funny, you seem like a smart guy. :D

bet you can't type shit.. :D

Would you still consider this issue important if the immigrants were coming into Europe and adopting traditional European customs and traditions while assimilating themselves into the European culture?

I'm guessing not (although I might be wrong)--which means that the issue is cultural and not racial.

1312353[/snapback]

well yeah, of course. i agree with you. but like i said, in this particular instance there isn't really a practical difference. but it is an important distinction to make, since it would seem that the only way the culture survives in europe is by cultrually assimilating its immigrants. problem is, that isn't happening.

well yeah, of course.  i agree with you.  but like i said, in this particular instance there isn't really a practical difference.  but it is an important distinction to make, since it would seem that the only way the culture survives in europe is by cultrually assimilating its immigrants.  problem is, that isn't happening.

1312473[/snapback]

One of the reasons that the European indigenous birth rate is declining is that Europe is effectively full. The people there, consciously or unconsciously, know this and they breed less. They are therefore alarmed at the possibility of being swamped - and ruined - by vast numbers of people arriving and not only failing to assimilate, but breeding like rabbits, too.

This is koo-koo.

1312506[/snapback]

OK, fine.

* North America - 32 people per square mile

* South America - 73 people per square mile

* Europe - 134 people per square mile

* Asia - 203 people per square mile

* Africa - 65 people per square mile

* Australia - 6.4 people per square mile