[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pack signs Pickett

Fatman

Ferguson would satisfy me, as much as our defense needs help. Hawk, Mario, D'Brick, or maybe even Davis. It's a deep draft for LBs, so we could still grab solid guys later.

1373754[/snapback]

I'd have to agree. Ferguson is so good that I wouldn't mind shuffling the O-line to accomodate him. I wouldn't mind Davis, either, since McCarthy will feature the TE position.

That said, I have a strong feeling Thompson will trade down, which I think would be fine. There will be a handful of players sitting there at #5, all of whom will be coveted by several teams.

It will be an excellent, exciting draft. :D

I'd have to agree. Ferguson is so good that I wouldn't mind shuffling the O-line to accomodate him. I wouldn't mind Davis, either, since McCarthy will feature the TE position.

That said, I have a strong feeling Thompson will trade down, which I think would be fine. There will be a handful of players sitting there at #5, all of whom will be coveted by several teams.

It will be an excellent, exciting draft. :D

1373899[/snapback]

I love both Hawk and Super Mario....and I believe either one would make a huge impact on our defense.

Having said that I'm totally open to trading down top acquire a second 2nd round pick. This draft is deep deep deep in the first 60 picks so that could be huge....only question is, who do we trade with and who can we expect to get that we actually "need" in the middle to bottom of first round? Just curious what you all think

I don't think you can take Ferguson or Davis. We have Bubba still, so that's not necessary and a solid 2nd or 3rd round guard can be found (or in FA).

If Hawk or Mario are gone, I think you gotta trade down. Actually, I say Mario or bust. Not many LBs are worthy of a top 5 pick. (Not so fast Mr Arrington!) :D

I would be happy with taking Denver's two first rounders and a 2nd or 3rd round pick. They think they are 1 player away from a Super Bowl, so let them move up to #5. With the 22 and 29, we could easily get a Kiwanuka (not a bad consolation to Mario!) and a Carpenter or Greenway, then a solid Guard or CB in the 2nd. There are three new starters that can push this team back to the playoffs.

1373899[/snapback]

Put me on the "trade down for defense and picks" side of the argument if Williams and Hawk are gone.

Pompei also convinced me that Hawk is the pick there - though I wouldn't exactly be weeping if they grabbed Williams; I just see less of a "bust factor" on Hawk, mainly because he seems to have more want-to. I imagine a more talented Chris Spielman, which is pretty scary, considering how great Spielman was in his day.

Put me on the "trade down for defense and picks" side of the argument if Williams and Hawk are gone.

Pompei also convinced me that Hawk is the pick there - though I wouldn't exactly be weeping if they grabbed Williams; I just see less of a "bust factor" on Hawk, mainly because he seems to have more want-to. I imagine a more talented Chris Spielman, which is pretty scary, considering how great Spielman was in his day.

1375699[/snapback]

I heard Hawk really wowed everyone at his pro day as well. I wouldn't mind that pick at all.