[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Players Championship....

Gopher

My top five picks are:

Donald - Young star, runner up last year to Funk.

Lehman - Always plays well in this tournament.

Sabbatini - Another young stud who is current money leader.

Scott - Finished 2nd, 1st, and 8th last 3 years.

Verplank - Quietly playing very well this year...Tied for 2nd last year.

The big five (Woods, Els, Singh, Goosen, and Mickelson) typically don't do well here. If any of them have a chance to break the trend, though, it's got to be Tiger. He's the only one of the five to ever win here. The field is stacked since this is basically the 5th major tournament of the year. Other guys I like this week are Ogilvy, Toms, Campbell, Harrington (has been runner up twice in last 3 years), and Love.

I know there are other golf fans out there.....Who do you like?

I like DL3 to do well again, but Tiger is playing very well, so I expect him to be in contention. Freddy may make some noise as well, as he loves the course, Vijay and Phil will gamble at the wrong time and will lose ground, as this course rewards good ball striking-fairways and greens.

I like DL3 to do well again, but Tiger is playing very well, so I expect him to be in contention. Freddy may make some noise as well, as he loves the course, Vijay and Phil will gamble at the wrong time and will lose ground, as this course rewards good ball striking-fairways and greens.

1383993[/snapback]

Tiger seems to be playing well on courses where he can get away with missing the fairway regularly. His driving accuracy has been atrocious this year. He will either straighten it out or have very little success this year on courses that penalize players more for missing the fairway (majors). That said, everytime I bet against the guy, he wins by like 8-10 strokes, so he'll probably run away with it this week.

i threw 10 bucks on robert allenby to show (top 4 finish) at 10/1. he has a good record at sawgrass. i was surprised when i woke up that he shot a nifty 5 under 67 to be in the hunt already. i also have a field bet to win at 18/1 for 5 bucks. so i'm hoping for an unknown to win and allenby to find the top 4.

on a sidenote, i like wichita st. on the moneyline (+120) to beat george mason. mason beat them late in the season at wichita st. i like the revenge factor here.

Tiger's greens in regulation percentage is stoopid this year, just under 75%, and best on tour. Last year he was 6th, and 2 years ago 47th. You gotta like his chances if his that accurate off the tee and approaching the greens.

Please, dear God, just do NOT let that chuckles DL3 win.  Anyone else, but not him.  Pretty please.

1385173[/snapback]

Don't worry, some fan will throw him off at some point.

DL3 with the choke of the tournament!! Shoots a 65 yesterday. Seven over through 17 holes today. Needs to par the par-5 ninth to make the cut, and takes a quadruple-bogey 9 on the hole! Wow. :doah:

I'm hoping for Harrington. :D

1384040[/snapback]

:D

DL3 with the choke of the tournament!!  Shoots a 65 yesterday.  Seven over through 17 holes today.  Needs to par the par-5 ninth to make the cut, and takes a quadruple-bogey 9 on the hole!  Wow.  :doah:

1386999[/snapback]

:D Choking is what that candy-ass does best. I love it!