[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Speaking of how great Pittsburgh is, well it's

wiegie

Well, for Wiegie, the easiest thing would probably be to meet at the Tap Room in the William Penn, so he can just hop on the elevator and go to his room when his 4'9.5" ass is wasted after 2 beers. 

1432597[/snapback]

Aha, you have forgotten that in addition to being 4'9.5" tall I am also fat and therefore able to absorb more than 2 beers before falling over on my face. :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm, I'm not going to end up in your basement, hanging upside-down, naked except for a Todd Pinkston jersey and Minnie Mouse ears, with a cattle-prod attached to my peeener, am I?

(I've learned the hard way that one needs to ask this question when meeting huddlers in a foreign city.)  :D

:D

Wait after reading everything in this thread, I keep going back to this one. Are you saying this actually happened before??? :D

Edited by TheGrunt

Wait after reading everything in this thread, I keep going back to this one. Are you saying this actually happened before???  :D

1432650[/snapback]

I think Big Country has his way with him. Someone needs to do the search as I never find what I am looking for.

Bump so that someone can fill me in with the "plan" for wiegie.

1435596[/snapback]

Well, this is where I left it:

Well, for Wiegie, the easiest thing would probably be to meet at the Tap Room in the William Penn, so he can just hop on the elevator and go to his room when his 4'9.5" ass is wasted after 2 beers.  It's a smallish bar, but they have some tasty bar food.  I believe there is metered parking on whatever that 1-way street is that runs behind the William Penn parallel to Grant. 

The other thing I was thinking, if we want to make sure he get's the obligatory 'Burgh sammich, is to hit the Primantis in Market Square for sammiches, and we can either hit one of the other bars right in the square or head back toward another bar near the hotel. 

Staying in town is likely to be easier than finding parking on the north or south side, and there are lots of places to go within a 10 minute walk from the hotel.  Maybe we should all just meet in the lobby and see where we feel like heading from there.  :D

1432597[/snapback]

If his flight is roughly on time, it looks like we'd get to the hotel around 6:30, give or take.

I will be working tomorrow evening.  Unfortunately I will not be able to make it.  :D

1437450[/snapback]

Hey Max - I'm having some trouble with reception on my 8100. It has been getting worse and worse. Maybe we can take a field trip out to you and you can throw my phone against the wall. :D

Just got home from work.  I hope you all had a great time tonight.

1439167[/snapback]

You missed a good time. We took turns tossing Wiegie for distance. Squeegieboo actually won with a toss of 6'5". At this time wiegie is lost somewhere around Liberty and 21st street. At the suggestion of Squeegie's husband we took him out there and drove around in three circles then set him free to walk back to the William Penn.

I'm timing him to see how long it takes him to make it.

You missed a good time.  We took turns tossing Wiegie for distance.  Squeegieboo actually won with a toss of 6'5".  At this time wiegie is lost somewhere around Liberty and 21st street.  At the suggestion of Squeegie's husband we took him out there and drove around in three circles then set him free to walk back to the William Penn.

I'm timing him to see how long it takes him to make it.

1439232[/snapback]

Atleast you didn't drop him off in the Hill :D

I don't have much time to post right now, but I want everybody to know how nicely I was treated by Mr. and Mrs. Squeegie and Skippy. They made me feel very welcome, showed me a good time, and even (eventually) decided not to throw me over the West Side Overlook after I made some minor remark about the officiating in the Superbowl.

I'll write more later sometime, but I thought I would say thank you to them as quickly as I could. :D

So anyway...

Mr. Squeegiebo and I went to pick Wiegie up at the airport. We had arranged to meet him at baggage claim as an easy landmark. We didn't make any proper arrangements as to Mickey Mouse ears or Todd Pinkston spamshirts for easy recognition, and he didn't have a cell with him. Nor had we the foresight to exchange real names. I figured between his pic in Sky's tour thread and my (albeit old) MH pics, we'd find each other. :doah:

His flight arrived early, and there was no one who fit his description at the baggage carousel for his flight. We did walk by this one dude who was alone and appeared to be looking for someone, but he didn't look particularly short (Mr. Squeegiebo said "that guy is taller that 4'9.5" :D ), particularly nerdy, or as plump as Wiegie had claimed he had become. Plus I thought his hair was lighter.

So we sit there at baggage carousel "L" for a while, and there's nothing promising. Just that same dude, who wandered over to a seating area and was looking around. I wasn't about to walk up to him and say "Wiegie?" or have a "Mr. Wiegie" paged. :D

So, how is it that we got this gentleman to identlfy himself as the man we were looking for? I had brought with me a paper to serve as one of those placards drivers hold up when picking someone up at the airport. I kept angling it towards that dude, hoping he'd notice it if he was, in fact, Wiegie. I was sure he'd seen it a number of times and just disregarded it, and was about to give up hope. Finally, he did see it and head our way.

What was on this placard, you may ask?

A poor quality, yet recognizable, blowup of the following: :D

Edited by Squeegiebo

What was on this placard, you may ask? 

A poor quality, yet recognizable, blowup of the following:  :D

1441131[/snapback]

She showed me the placard. It was pretty funny and I'm sure any huddler would have had little trouble knowing it was a nerd call. :D

Wiegie is a pretty cool dude. Funny but quite person that can make an entertaining crack now and then. He is actually not a short as I was lead to believe. I did feel kind of bad letting Wiegie spring for dinner and I hope I can at least hook him up with a Pittsburgh sammich before he goes. Oh and check this out. The little guy ordered the biggest steak at the steak joint we went to and did a fair job of eating about half of it. :D

I'd hang out with wiegie and Squeegie anytime. Oh and Squeegie's husband is a pretty cool guy as well.