[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KC Rookie SS Bernard Pollard

KFFL

Chiefs | Pollard could start over Knight at strong safety

Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:34:36 -0700

Adam Teicher, writing for the Sporting News, reports Kansas City Chiefs SS Bernard Pollard has a reasonable chance of unseating SS Sammy Knight as the team's starting strong safety this season.

I'm not so sure that it will happen, but it would be nice for those that drafted Pollard. :D

KFFL

Chiefs | Pollard could start over Knight at strong safety

Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:34:36 -0700

Adam Teicher, writing for the Sporting News, reports Kansas City Chiefs SS Bernard Pollard has a reasonable chance of unseating SS Sammy Knight as the team's starting strong safety this season.

I'm not so sure that it will happen, but it would be nice for those that drafted Pollard. :D

He's definitely got the size (6'2", about 220 lbs.) and speed (4.59 40y) to be a dominant safety in the NFL. I'm not too sure what prompted his coming out early. Supposedly he's built to stop the run AND pass... which bodes well for him possibly starting as a rookie.

I'm not too sure what prompted his coming out early.

He had some run-ins with Purdue's coach Tiller. He is a notorious trash-talker, even in practice. Tiller kicked him out of a session because he wouldn't stop running his mouth. Pollard lost it, and began to rant about transferring. Then Purdue went on to have a VERY poor season compared to expectations, and a defense that was supposed to be top notch was well below average.

Edited by CaptainHook

He had some run-ins with Purdue's coach Tiller. He is a notorious trash-talker, even in practice. Tiller kicked him out of a session because he wouldn't stop running his mouth. Pollard lost it, and began to rant about transferring. Then Purdue went on to have a VERY poor season compared to expectations, and a defense that was supposed to be top notch was well below average.

Good info, Capt.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, good info, I hope Herm can get him to mature.