[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

tough keeper question

bigroxtar

im in a keeper league this year and we are ditching all but up to 3 players going into this years draft. i picked up steve jax in the 2nd last year and LJ in the fifth round. I used my 3rd rounder for gonzo and my first was duece.

so this year i have these to pick from:

obvious keeps:

LJ

Steve Jax

but who's number three?

Gonzo -- i think he'll be back strong this year

D. Driver -- is he worth a third rounder?

D. Jax -- dont think id keep him anyway

Duece Mc Allister -- take the risk?

or would you just keep two and move up in the draft order?

thanks for the thoughts...

bigroxtar

Edited by bigroxtar

You've already decided on 2 RB's....so it comes down to Driver, Gonzo, and Djax. The only way I would consider Gonzo is if you get 1pt per reception....he rarely crosses the goaline. Driver has been solid and I think he holds more upside than Djax...Farve will be trying to prove to himself that he made the right decision. IMO, Driver would be worth the risk...but I would consider not keeping anyone if it moved me up in the draft....depending on who would be left in the pool in the 3rd round.

there are ten teams. i would probably get a chance to grab a great player and then evaluate whether or not i could grab gonzo when the draft snakes back to me in teh fourth round 5 picks later. i like gonzo and driver for the long haul. i think deuce is a bit underrated right now along with gonzo. but i think both will have great years this year. i think bush is a stud, thats for sure, but how can a guy like that stay uninjured? plus with the line thats in KC, gonzo can go catch lots more passes this year.

i wil probably keep two then

no way deuce or gonzo. get those thoughts out of your head. there are many great TE options this season and you don't need to burn a 3rd round pick on that spot. deuce, as well, should not be going anywhere near the top 3 rounds.

that leaves driver who would be a solid 3rd round option. i guess it just comes down to how much you like him on your team and what you think would be available in the 3rd round as an alternative. djax is too much of a risk with that knee.

no way deuce or gonzo. get those thoughts out of your head. there are many great TE options this season and you don't need to burn a 3rd round pick on that spot. deuce, as well, should not be going anywhere near the top 3 rounds.

that leaves driver who would be a solid 3rd round option. i guess it just comes down to how much you like him on your team and what you think would be available in the 3rd round as an alternative. djax is too much of a risk with that knee.

I'd keep Driver, he's projectd as a possible Top 10 WR and Favre's only go to guy.... The pack WILL be playing catchup all year so the targets will be there. Gonzo and the other TE's 2 thru 10 will still be there well past the 3rd round. I really like D-Jax but there are just too many options and weapons in Seattle for him to be as consistent target wise. :D

I would keep 2 and see what's out there when I draft. I'm almost the same pickle..........with I think a better choice...........I will be keeping LJ and S. Moss and keep them for a 6th (LJ) and a 8th (S.Moss) round picks. The only other player I'm thinking about is Plummer if I want to give up a 5th round pick to keep him or draft like in your case.

I'm leaning towards keeping 2 as well for now.