[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

sleeper RB's..

Avernus

I really think C. Taylor could have a nice season. I know he hasn't been "the guy before" but he really hasn't been given the chance. He's the kind of risk, high reward I'll go after this year.

Another RB to watch during preseason is C. Cobbs with Denver. For some reason they are very high on him. He's currently running #3, but if he moves up the ladder at all, he could be in for a nice season.

Brandon Jacobs, if Tiki falters, is another sleeper back that could really to well if given the chance. He's a bigger back that runs really hard and has shown some speed.

actually...Cobbs could possibly be that back if he knows how to run behind that line and can stay healthy....

Jacobs needs to learn 2 things

1. stop running upright...he's a giant and has trouble getting down.....which leads to this problem

2. fumbling...he needs to stop that..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacobs needs to learn 2 things

1. stop running upright...he's a giant and has trouble getting down.....which leads to this problem

2. fumbling...he needs to stop that..

Which is amusing and ironic considering this is Tiki's back-up we are talking about.

yeah...it's still June...

Mewelde Moore has to learn how to do 3 things

1. stay healthy

2. Pass block

3. pass block...

he is nothing more than a kick returner and a 3rd down back..

I agree with the first point, but not sure 2&3 will have as much importance in the new offense. You menioned Tony Richardson, who will definitely help that scenario, along with hopefully a healthy Kleinsasser. The West Coast offense and a quick-decision QB at the helm (until he gets knocked out) minimizes the need for HB blocking a bit for me. I look at Moore along the lines of Brian Westbrook (not as good, but similar in style) and that offense did pretty well with McNabb not running too much due to injury and no top receivers to throw to. I know what you are saying, but not sure I concur to that extent.