[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superman Talk

tonorator

Batman forever and Batman III are the same movie.....it's Batman, Batman Returns, Batman forever and then Batman and Robin

Batman Returns (the one with Catwoman) was decent, but they get progressively worse from there until the unwatchable Batman and Robin (film #4)

:D would kick batman's ass six ways to Sunday.

Edited by TDFFFreak

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the movie last night. All in all, I enjoyed it. Spacey was awesome as Lex Luther, and Routh was excellent as Superman. Bosworth was the weakest as LL but was still believable.

Can't wait for the next one!! :D

Just saw the movie last night. All in all, I enjoyed it. Spacey was awesome as Lex Luther, and Routh was excellent as Superman. Bosworth was the weakest as LL but was still believable.

Can't wait for the next one!! :D

the females in these comic films seem to be the weak link....except the broad who plays MJ in Spider-man...

Katie Holmes in Batman Begins was horrible and the only weak link...

the females in these comic films seem to be the weak link....except the broad who plays MJ in Spider-man...

Katie Holmes in Batman Begins was horrible and the only weak link...

I agree. Katie Holmes sucked, but Kirsten Dunst as MJ was by far the best of the lot!! :D

I agree. Katie Holmes sucked, but Kirsten Dunst as MJ was by far the best of the lot!! :D

SPOILER ABOUT MJ..............IF YOU DON'T LIKE SPOILERS...DON'T READ BELOW

Dunst is leaving the Spider-man series after this movie...this is why they are bringing in a new girl.....I am having a memory lapses of hugh proportions right now....so I can't remember her name....but she'll be the love interest....for this movie at least....if she dies, expect Felicia Hardy in the next couple since they plan on making 6 spider-man films

ahem...SPOILER ABOVE

SPOILER ABOUT MJ..............IF YOU DON'T LIKE SPOILERS...DON'T READ BELOW

Dunst is leaving the Spider-man series after this movie...this is why they are bringing in a new girl.....I am having a memory lapses of hugh proportions right now....so I can't remember her name....but she'll be the love interest....for this movie at least....if she dies, expect Felicia Hardy in the next couple since they plan on making 6 spider-man films

ahem...SPOILER ABOVE

Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen Stacy I believe is who you are talking about.

Okay, now I am very depressed. :D

Could be a future spoiler.....

Gwen Stacy should be killed if they are going to follow the comics, but then they would have to bring back Norman Osborne. Maybe they are going to kill off Mary Jane instead? Some kind of freak accident with the alien suit.

Edited by WaterMan

I saw it last night and liked it a lot. I will say that, having watched the original again before I went to see the new one, practically the whole movie is an homage to the original film.

The music (which I'm very glad they kept)

The digital effects on the opening credits

The first time you see Superman in both films he says the same thing (well, its more correct to say that his first full sentence is the same, after he boards the airplane in the new movie and after he rescues Lois from the falling aircraft in the original. Now that I think of it, that's another parallel "I certainly hope this little incident hasn't put you off flying. Satistically speaking, of course, it's still the safest way to travel.

Lex's plot in both movies is about destroying land to make his own real estate valuable.

The final shot in the movie, of Superman flying in space, is an exact duplication of the final shot in the original.

I'm sure that there are more, but all of this added to my enjoyment of the movie.

Could be a future spoiler.....

Gwen Stacy should be killed if they are going to follow the comics, but then they would have to bring back Norman Osborne. Maybe they are going to kill off Mary Jane instead? Some kind of freak accident with the alien suit.

MJ survives and leaves town instead of dying.....

this is their attempt to twist things as she's said in an interview this is her last spider-man movie...and since everyone knows this, they assume she is killed off...

but instead....she just leaves town and it's a minor little twist....

ok, saw it last night. i thought it was ok, but not as good as spider-man 2 or batman begins, which i loved, or even x-men 2, which i also liked a lot.

i think i would've preferred if singer took the approach of chris nolan with "batman" and just re-invented it, instead of "paying homage" to the original two movies. it was too distracting trying to figure out whether lois remembered who superman really was, whether anyone would figure out the boy was superman's kid, how lex would ever believe anyone would want to live on land where nothing would grow and huge rocky spikes jut from everywhere and -- the most annoying, to me -- how superman could hoist megatons' worth of rock embedded with kryptonite into space and only lose his strength at the end. (in the comics, i know that our sun gives superman strength or something like that -- is it possible that he "built up" energy from the sun before lifting the rock into space? i'm serious. there has to be some explanation for how he did it, even if it's a comic-book story, right?)

i guess i'm also tired of how a guy can put on glasses and be unrecognizable to everyone else. i liked how christian bale tried to disguise himself a little by lowering his voice and and making it raspy as batman, and i liked how spider-man was unmasked on the subway in spider-man 2. i know it's completely pointless to nitpick a movie based on a comic-book, but the whole "wow, clark! you kind of look like superman!" thing is played out.

that said, i'm still looking forward to what they do with the sequel.

i guess i'm also tired of how a guy can put on glasses and be unrecognizable to everyone else. i know it's completely pointless to nitpick a movie based on a comic-book, but the whole "wow, clark! you kind of look like superman!" thing is played out.

Yeah, that's the corniest part. Like glasses are really going to disguise anybody!! :D