[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help me fix my team to be the very best

Here is my team

DST Bengals DST Redskins

Plaxico Burress, Laveranues Coles Muhsin Muhammad, Jerramy Stevens, Jermaine Wiggins

Chris Simms Marc Bulger

Cadillac Williams Kevin Jones Ahman Green Steven Jackson,

Jeff Wilkins

6pts per td/1pt per rush or rec/1pt per 25 pass

what is strong? what is weak?

who do I trade to get better and for who?

Here is my team

DST Bengals DST Redskins

Plaxico Burress, Laveranues Coles Muhsin Muhammad, Jerramy Stevens, Jermaine Wiggins

Chris Simms Marc Bulger

Cadillac Williams Kevin Jones Ahman Green Steven Jackson,

Jeff Wilkins

6pts per td/1pt per rush or rec/1pt per 25 pass

what is strong? what is weak?

who do I trade to get better and for who?

You're the weak at WR and you don't have a Tier 1 or Tier 2 TE. You're fine at QB assuming Bulger can stay healthy most of the season and you're in pretty good shape at RB.

I would try to back up Ahman Green with Samkon Gado if he's a free agent and you have the roster space and then see if you can trade Kevin Jones to a guy who's starved at RB for one of the top Tier 2 WRs, preferably a guy with a proven track record like Hines Ward, Reggie Wayne, or Darrel Jackson. Just be careful here. You want a sure thing at WR, not a "name" guy with a lot of questions coming into this season like Roy Williams or Andre Johnson.

DON'T let anyone sucker you into trading Caddy or SJax unless they're ready to give you Steve Smith, Tory Holt, or Chad Johnson. Even T.O. and Moss are a little too risky. If push came to shove, I would rather trade Caddy than SJax.

Like I said, you could use a better TE, but it's not worth trading for one. Stevens will be good enough if you're strong at the other positions.

I hope that helps. Whatever RBs you end up keeping, try to lock up their backups if possible, especially a guy like Pittman who will probably get some playing time even if Caddy stays healthy.

Edited by tomfin2000

You're the weak at WR and you don't have a Tier 1 or Tier 2 TE. You're fine at QB assuming Bulger can stay healthy most of the season and you're in pretty good shape at RB.

I would try to back up Ahman Green with Samkon Gado if he's a free agent and you have the roster space and then see if you can trade Kevin Jones to a guy who's starved at RB for one of the top Tier 2 WRs, preferably a guy with a proven track record like Hines Ward, Reggie Wayne, or Darrel Jackson. Just be careful here. You want a sure thing at WR, not a "name" guy with a lot of questions coming into this season like Roy Williams or Andre Johnson.

DON'T let anyone sucker you into trading Caddy or SJax unless they're ready to give you Steve Smith, Tory Holt, or Chad Johnson. Even T.O. and Moss are a little too risky. If push came to shove, I would rather trade Caddy than SJax.

Like I said, you could use a better TE, but it's not worth trading for one. Stevens will be good enough if you're strong at the other positions.

I hope that helps. Whatever RBs you end up keeping, try to lock up their backups if possible, especially a guy like Pittman who will probably get some playing time even if Caddy stays healthy.

Hell of a post. Gado would be a smart pick up and Jones is dealable with two solid backs in Caddy and SJax. If you need to incorporate a WR do it but don't get rid of Plax he's the only thing you've got unless you are getting two solid receivers. Your team is not ever going to be deep but I think it could be solid starter wise. Byes are going to be murder though. TE wise I think you made a draft error with both Stevens and Wiggins because they both aren't even in my top 25 for TE! But that's a minor error pick up a guy like Scheffler who probably wasn't drafted in your league. And use the Stephens or Wiggins which ever has more value in a trade but remember to get Gado. :D

I asked for your opinion. Doesn't hurt to see what others are thinking

I just finalized a deal. Coles/Redskins DST for Boldin/Falcons

Fits me

Thanks for your advice

more would be apprciated

You've got to be kidding me. Someone traded you Anquan Boldin and the Falcons DST for Coles and the Redskins DST?

Sorry, but if that trade took place in any of the leagues I'm in, I would quit right then and there.

That was a great trade for you and awful for the guy that traded with you. Greatly improved your WR still might need depth and your TE is weak but overall not a bad team. I'm asssuming 10 team league and TE is required with a starting line up of QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, DEF/ST.

i'm curious why you are playing fantasy football if you are unable to analyze your own team ...

Getting an oustide perspective on relative strengths and weaknesses seems kind of like a legit question to me.

It's not like he asked (IN CAPS) how many wins he was asking how many wins or to rate his mock draft.

Getting an oustide perspective on relative strengths and weaknesses seems kind of like a legit question to me.

It's not like he asked (IN CAPS) how many wins he was asking how many wins or to rate his mock draft.

well, this is asked better than some, but i still ask the question, what if everyone did this? there is simply no way to analyze rosters given different scoring systems and also not being able to see everyone else's rosters. the general comments we give should be obvious to the owner, i.e. you are weak at WR and your TEs are solid. i would rather be given something to focus on or a specific question to answer vs. "how did i do?" if people want this, we should put it in a "Rate My Team" board where people could go who want to rate teams and spend the time to fully understand someone else's league ...

this is probably just a pet peeve of mine. if everyone else doesn't mind, it's no big deal.