[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Mock #4

DMD

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, your team is so stacked you could just quit now and still kick everyone's asses. :D

No doubt.. That was great drafting..

I really like what I did as well and I thought mostly everyone did a good job on this draft.. I am looking forward to DMD's analysis.

:D

yeah...from what I can see everyone had a gameplan and was able to accomplish it...the draft moved smoothly with a couple of bumps but much faster than the previous mock...

I'll be sitting out the next few mocks until I see another one with 12 team PPR, but without a flex position..

It will be interesting to see how DMD grades us out. Lot of good teams out there...typical of 10 team leagues.

Both 10 team mocks featured a big run on WR's early. Really looks like you can wait on QB's this year and still do ok.

My thought is that after the first 2 tiers of RB's are gone the value seems to be in the WR's as their are a lot of tier one WR's out there, as opposed to a few tier one and a bunch of tier two WR's. Also, only one clear cut TE (Gates) and the rest are a toss up which adds value to the WR's.

It will be interesting to see how the guys in my local draft this year.

It will be interesting to see how DMD grades us out. Lot of good teams out there...typical of 10 team leagues.

Both 10 team mocks featured a big run on WR's early. Really looks like you can wait on QB's this year and still do ok.

My thought is that after the first 2 tiers of RB's are gone the value seems to be in the WR's as their are a lot of tier one WR's out there, as opposed to a few tier one and a bunch of tier two WR's. Also, only one clear cut TE (Gates) and the rest are a toss up which adds value to the WR's.

It will be interesting to see how the guys in my local draft this year.

after tier 3 WR's...that's where most of the QB's and TE's are selected...

well...besides Gates, Shockey and a few QB's being sprinkled here and there...

I thought I would rate my team, before DMD does it, to see how it looks.

4.04 Brady, Tom NEP QB - 6

13.04 Vick, Michael ATL QB - 5

Took Brady early as the 2nd QB selected. Followed with Vick for a contrast in styles. Considered Favre but he had the same bye week as Brady. Very happy with my QB situation. Grade: A

16.04 Drew, Maurice JAC RB - 6

1.07 Jackson, Steven STL RB - 7

9.07 Taylor, Fred JAC RB - 6

2.04 Westbrook, Brian PHI RB - 9

Took Jackson & Westbrook with my first 2 picks, very happy with this pair especially in a PPR league. Waited a long time to secure my back-ups and still got Fred Taylor. Took Drew in the last round as an injury protection. Grade: A-

12.04 Bruce, Isaac STL WR - 7

6.04 Evans, Lee BUF WR - 8

5.07 Kennison, Eddie KCC WR - 3

8.04 Smith, Rod DEN WR - 4

3.07 Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 6

I just missed the true tier 1 WR's when I got Wayne in the middle of the 3rd, but I'm pretty happy with this group. All of them are steady producers, yet I do have some upside in Wayne & Evans. Grade: B+

15.07 Wiggins, Jermaine MIN TE - 6

7.07 Witten, Jason DAL TE - 3

Was wanting Gonzalez or Heap with my 5.07 pick but they went right before me so I took another WR instead and waited until the 7th to grab what I feel is the best of the tier 2 WR's, in Witten. I like Wiggins as a backup especially in a PPR league, he gets 3-4 catches at least every week. Grade: C

11.07 Graham, Shayne CIN PK - 5

Took Graham as the 2nd kicker drafted. I purposely avoided Feely & Elam because they have bye week 4 and I already had my D (Pittsburgh) with that bye week, so I picked Graham, counting on the Bengals to continue their high scoring ways. After week 4 I'll drop (or trade) my backup D and grab a backup PK. Grade: A-

14.04 Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def - 9

10.04 Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def - 4

Very happy to get the Steelers as my defense. Plus they have an early bye so as I said above, I can use 1 spot to back-up both my D and PK. Philly plays GB on week 4, plus they start off with Houston, NYGiants, & San Fran, so they should have some trade value when I let them go after week 4. Grade: A

Overall my strengths are QB, RB, PK, & D. Decent at WR and fair at TE. If I could have gotten a tier 1 TE in the 5th, I would have given myself an A, but instead: B+

Time for another official mock!

This mock draft considers a standard performance scoring of 1/10 rush and receive yards, 1/20 passing yards, 2 point conversion are two fantasy points each participant, all touchdowns are six except passing is four. Kickers receive the NFL points from their kicks and defenses have one point sacks and turnovers, two point safeties and six point touchdowns. Receptions are one point.

Draft considered 10 teams drafting a starting lineup of QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, PK and DEF with no positional limits. This draft was for 16 rounds.

Mock 4 MFL page

Password is huddle4

Time for some practice!

Not auction?

wimps.

Not auction?

wimps.

I would love to have a mock auction but they are pretty hard to setup and get people to participate.