[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade offer for Benson

gahs7

Guys, i have been offered C.Benson for the 22nd pick in our draft, should i take benson, this is a 5 year 8 player keeper league with 4 years left

1pt per rec, 1pt per 10yds rec or rush, 6pts per td, WE START 2 RB'S 1QB, 3WR'S 1 TE, 1 KICKER AND 1 DEFENSE

my current roster is

L.T

WESTBROOK

R.WAYNE

PAXICO

LELIE

GATES

RACKERS

list of players in our draft

warner

bledsoe

delhomme

mcnair

collins

brunnell

t.green

cullpepper

brooks

vick

brees

farve

kitna

plummer

rotheslesburger

carr

simms

alex smith

kelly holcumb

billy voleck

ramsey

pennington

rb's -

Dayne

m.barber

chris brown

t.henry

greg jones

gore

barlow

rhodes

rookies rb's

bush

josepth Addi -colts

dangelo Williams

L.White

L.Maroney

M.Drew

wr's -plenty of them

Givens

Parker

Drew Bennett

Booker

Travis Taylor

Reggie Brown

Arnez Battle

Scott Vines

Troy Williams

Koren Robinson

Caldwell

Mark Bradley

P.Price

B.Engram

Bruce

Mcardell

Wilford

Ferguson

G.Lewis

J.Smith

Stokley

Muhammed

Burleson

Toomer

T.Glenn

Coles

J.Horn

Key Johnson

Moulds

Kennison

Jerry Porter

J.Jurivicous

Mark Clayton

Michael Clayton

rookies wr's

Chad Jackson

S.Holmes

G.Jennings

S.Moss

TE

V.Davis -rookie

Pollard

Mcmichael

Stevens

clark

troupe

wiggins

Mercedes Lewis-rookie

all defenses are available except the bears

all kickers available except rackers

THANKS!!

if you keep 8 players per team, then the 22nd pick in the draft would equate to an 11th round pick (assuming 10 teams in the league). that's good value for benson, who is, on average, going in the 5th round (usually to owners who are trying to handcuff him to jones). he's still somewhat unproven and jones is coming off a strong year which will probably allow him to keep the starter job until he falters.

while it gives you good value, you have to decide if the need for this RB supercedes your needs at other positions. with LT and westy, you have your starters. i prefer to focus on my open starting positions first, filling them with the best players available, before taking on backup players. that would, in this case, lead me to turn down the deal.

might be a different story if i owned jones or was high on benson (i'm more lukewarm on him).

First off, why are you keeping Lelie?

Second off, the value for Benson is reasonable, but the 22nd pick looks like it's going to improve your WR or QB situation rather immensely. Whereas, Benson gives you some depth at RB, but not a lot of depth if he's not the starter in Chicago.

Could you re-trade Benson to the T.Jones owner for a WR or something significant?

First off, why are you keeping Lelie?

Second off, the value for Benson is reasonable, but the 22nd pick looks like it's going to improve your WR or QB situation rather immensely. Whereas, Benson gives you some depth at RB, but not a lot of depth if he's not the starter in Chicago.

Could you re-trade Benson to the T.Jones owner for a WR or something significant?

exactly....I'd do it only if you could get a WR better than what is available at the pick you are trading for Benson

you are fine at RB...just draft Turner and Moats to sure up both RB situations...and then get another RB for a bye week fill-in..

Could go either way. But if it wa me. Benson would be on my team for that 22nd pick. What back would be there at 22nd. Plus you could go WR early now. Or better yet trade down and pick up picks and just get that WR you need.

After i pick 22 players off that list, benson would be an absolute steal.

ps- ditto on lelie, and a kicker? there must be some other potential players on your roster

Agree with the consensus.

There will be plenty of WRs that could help you improve a little bit. It's not likely to find RB who is soon to be full time starter (if not this year, next year for sure) with the 22nd pick.

I would rather have good 1,2,3 RBs than trying to get a decent WR. Consistency in RB's IMO is more stable than consistent WRs past top 5.