[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade opinions

Jessman

Ok, I'm in a dynasty style league, a hybrid of a performance league, close with a few tweaks... Anyways, we keep 13 players... Here is my core: Bulger, Warner and Alex Smith RB: Portis, Ronnie Brown, Gado WR: TO, Larry Fitz and Jerry Porter.. TE Heath Miller...

I have the 3rd pick,, which rookie RB should I take after Bush goes off one... Every team keeps 13 players...

Trade offer is this:

Ronnie Brown and Heath Miller for

Willis Mcgahee and A. Gates...

Ronnie Brown is a sexy pick this year... Those sexy picks don't always work out: Look at Mcgahee, he was knocking on a top 5 pick last year and now he's 12 to 15..

What should I do??

Remember, I'm looking for this year and at the next 5

Tough call.

At the end of the day, here is my assessment. McGahee will be a solid #2RB at worst with upside to bounce back and become a solid but not spectacular #1. Brown looks to be a good, but not spectacular, #1RB and there is little risk he will suck. So, by making the trade, your risk is the difference between a strong #2RB (McGahee) with upside and a good, but not off the chart #1RB (Brown). For that risk, you get the single best TE in the game who puts up #1WR type numbers.

While this is not a no brainer decision by any means, I would take the chance and make the trade. Your worst case scenario is worth the risk, IMO. Keep in mind, I do not mind a little risk.

The more conservative decision would be to hold what you got.

Tough call.

At the end of the day, here is my assessment. McGahee will be a solid #2RB at worst with upside to bounce back and become a solid but not spectacular #1. Brown looks to be a good, but not spectacular, #1RB and there is little risk he will suck. So, by making the trade, your risk is the difference between a strong #2RB (McGahee) with upside and a good, but not off the chart #1RB (Brown). For that risk, you get the single best TE in the game who puts up #1WR type numbers.

While this is not a no brainer decision by any means, I would take the chance and make the trade. Your worst case scenario is worth the risk, IMO. Keep in mind, I do not mind a little risk.

The more conservative decision would be to hold what you got.

Great post and I agree completely with the assessments of McGahee and Brown. The only thing I'll add is that having a bona fide stud like Portis as your RB1 also helps to mitigate a lot of the risk. You're not taking the chance of downgrading your RB1 to get the most dominant TE in the game. You're taking the chance of downgrading your RB2 to get the most dominant TE in the game. That's a BIG difference in my book.

I think I would pull the trigger as well.

Edited by tomfin2000

Ok, I'm in a dynasty style league, a hybrid of a performance league, close with a few tweaks... Anyways, we keep 13 players... Here is my core: Bulger, Warner and Alex Smith RB: Portis, Ronnie Brown, Gado WR: TO, Larry Fitz and Jerry Porter.. TE Heath Miller...

I have the 3rd pick,, which rookie RB should I take after Bush goes off one... Every team keeps 13 players...

Trade offer is this:

Ronnie Brown and Heath Miller for

Willis Mcgahee and A. Gates...

Ronnie Brown is a sexy pick this year... Those sexy picks don't always work out: Look at Mcgahee, he was knocking on a top 5 pick last year and now he's 12 to 15..

What should I do??

Remember, I'm looking for this year and at the next 5

i think i would take the colts rookie, addai, he has, i think, the quickest chance to be a clear cut #1 in my opinion