[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League Cheat Sheet

SMW

OK, this will be the first year i've ever drafted for a keeper league and i'm a little confused with the rankings this site has. I'm looking at the cheat sheet for keeper leagues and it has Jake Delhomme, David Carr, Byron Leftwich, Drew Brees, and Roethlisberger all ranked below Brett Favre. Am I missing something here, or are these rankings totally screwed up. How could a 65yr old QB who is most likely in his last year in the league ranked ahead of those young guns in a keeper league?

I think you are just looking at a cheat sheet designed to ASSIST you in your draft. The cheat sheet is not based on whether it is a keeper or a redraft. Welcome aboard.

No. He is looking at the Keeper league cheatsheet.

I think the reason behind the ranking for Favre is that he has more value this year than those other guys. Even though it is a keeper league and you do want to somewhat plan for the future, you also want to set yourself up to win this year. Favre gives you a better shot at competing this year (at least accordning to the rankings), but he obviously won't be on your team long-term.

No. He is looking at the Keeper league cheatsheet.

I think the reason behind the ranking for Favre is that he has more value this year than those other guys. Even though it is a keeper league and you do want to somewhat plan for the future, you also want to set yourself up to win this year. Favre gives you a better shot at competing this year (at least accordning to the rankings), but he obviously won't be on your team long-term.

:D My bad. I been hitting myself in the head alot lately.

You've got to remember that these are just opinions or at best educated guesses... I wouldn't rank Farve ahead of most of those guys... GB sucked last year, I don't see much improvement this year...

I think that you might want to look at those rankings like this... Most of the time in a keeper league, Farver wouldn't be held anyway... Keeper leagues normally range from 3 to 5 holds, some may consider it up to 8.. So, with that mind set, you might rank Farve higher because you aren't going to hold that level of player over anyway.. Most of those guys are only 1 year players.. If it's a dynasty style that would make a difference...

I think someone at The Huddle fell asleep when doing the rankings for this sheet. It's essentially the same as the “performance league” cheat sheet (maybe a flip flop here and there), which begs the question...what's the point of it if it doesn't take into account age/longevity? I agree with Jessman that Favre, and GB in general, blows these days. How he could be ranked ahead of some of those guys period is a mystery, but it’s ridiculous in keeper league rankings.

I think someone at The Huddle fell asleep when doing the rankings for this sheet. It's essentially the same as the “performance league” cheat sheet (maybe a flip flop here and there), which begs the question...what's the point of it if it doesn't take into account age/longevity? I agree with Jessman that Favre, and GB in general, blows these days. How he could be ranked ahead of some of those guys period is a mystery, but it’s ridiculous in keeper league rankings.

The biggest flaw most owners make in keeper leagues is overcompensating for age/longevity. As noted above, in most keeper leagues, very few of the total players are kept from year to year, so rankings for keeper leagues and redrafts are vastly unchanged, as the primary focus is still to win in the current year. If you are constantly only drafting for the future, then you wil lalways be a bottom team with potential, but never a now team.

Also, did you take the time ot read the player writeups that go into detail about the projected stats and the reasoning for the rankings. If yo did, it may shed some light onto how/why DDM came to his rankings.

Edited by Big Country

The biggest flaw most owners make in keeper leagues is overcompensating for age/longevity. As noted above, in most keeper leagues, very few of the total players are kept from year to year, so rankings for keeper leagues and redrafts are vastly unchanged, as the primary focus is still to win in the current year. If you are constantly only drafting for the future, then you wil lalways be a bottom team with potential, but never a now team.

Also, did you take the time ot read the player writeups that go into detail about the projected stats and the reasoning for the rankings. If yo did, it may shed some light onto how/why DDM came to his rankings.

well said.

OK, this will be the first year i've ever drafted for a keeper league and i'm a little confused with the rankings this site has. I'm looking at the cheat sheet for keeper leagues and it has Jake Delhomme, David Carr, Byron Leftwich, Drew Brees, and Roethlisberger all ranked below Brett Favre. Am I missing something here, or are these rankings totally screwed up. How could a 65yr old QB who is most likely in his last year in the league ranked ahead of those young guns in a keeper league?

There are really only a few qbs worth keeping and you haven't mentioned any of them. These guys will and should be thrown back into the draft pool year after year. Unless of-course you meant dynasty league, then I might take a flyer on Delhomme before Favre... maybe even Brees but not the others.

Edited by Flypaste