[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Front loading washing machines/dryers

CaptainHook

• 10 months later...

bumping this thread to ask opinions, instead of this one i started

tonight....

our top loader died after 8 years...looking to get a front loader.

how have yours held up? this thread was started 2 years ago.

read many reviews of breakage after a year or so....

looking at Whirlpool and Frigidaire....but anything is fair game if it's good and will last.

thnx to BJ for turning me on to this thread :wacko:

We bought the Samsung pair summer of '07. Great machines. Super quiet as well. I actually purchased the extended warranty for 3 or 5 years for like $150 because we run these things every single day. So far we couldn't be happier with them.

We JUST got a pair of Samsung. Awesome! Top-rated and has an incredible Vibration Stabilizer. keeps it very quite. The RPM's on those things turning so much faster can cause noise and vibration problems without it.

I did a lot of reviews shopping and one thing that the LG and some others have is problems with vibrating. So much so, that it can even shake the house (especially if the house isn't built right). They are great on a slab type surface though.

Samsung and LG are also currently the only ones that I know of that have a central drive to turn'em. Therefore less parts that can break and no belts to replace.

Oh, and make sure to get pedestals for any front loaders. They are worth it.

:wacko: My wife washes our close and let's me load her up pretty much whenever I want. Front, back, top, bottom, side, whatever. Or am I missing the point? :D

Yes. You can't spell clothes.

I'm becoming a hugh fan of all things Whirlpool.

We have a Whirlpool Duet (largest capacity but not steam) front-loader and decided on a non-matching :D Whirlpool dryer because it was marked down over $250 from the matching dryer. I had to elevate the dryer with a pair of 2x4s to get the heights even, but big deal. This was in July. They had an incentive deal where if you bought 2+ Whirlpool appliances they had a couple hundred bucks in mail-in rebates.

We are very happy with them. Those front-loaders really make a difference in energy conservation. Clothes come out less damp, so the dryer doesn't have to work as hard. :wacko:

Edited by The Irish Doggy

well, i bought a Frigidaire front loader this afternoon.

the misses couldn't be without a washer all weekend.

MSRP is $825, paid $600 after rebate....bought from a local appliance store because

i'd rather support them than BB, Lowes, Homo Depot, etc....prices were about the same.

rated one of the top 3 by Consumer Reports

bought an extended 4 year warranty for $140. i rarely buy warranties, but i read so many

good/bad reviews that i didnt want to risk it for $35 a year......my bro-in-laws died after

the one year manufacturers warranty ended....plus, i keep hearing ,and i hope, i'll make that

$140 back in savings on water and electricity costs.

now i guess i gotta buy that HE detergent stuff......sheesh

all is well and the pigz can be clean again. :wacko: