[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I need QB advice

Jax Jag

hello, Im new to this site. I have d. culpper, j. plummer and b. leftwich as my qb's. I dont like plummer and was thinking of cutting him for either brunnell or brees. can any of my new closest friends offer some advice please?

you may not like plummer, but of all you mention, he's probably your best option to start until cpep returns. brunell and brees both have bigger question marks due to age/injury.

hello, Im new to this site. I have d. culpper, j. plummer and b. leftwich as my qb's. I dont like plummer and was thinking of cutting him for either brunnell or brees. can any of my new closest friends offer some advice please?

i'm not the biggest plummer fan in the world, but are you're not necessarily improving your team if you let him go.

Well..I'm assuming it's a keeper league or dynasty and depending on scoring. I would take Plummer over Brunell or Brees. I like Plummer's running ability which can really come in handy if you get points for rushing tds. I also like his chances of staying healthy over the 2 mentioned. Brees is going to a new team and coming off shoulder surgery. Brunell is old and a rookie #1 breathing down his neck as much as Cutler is breathing down Plummer's neck, but for Plummer Cutler being around is motivation. Campbell being around a old Brunell is diffrent imo. Brunell also most seasons misses chunks of time on the field. I like the skins offense better for this season, but the Saints are improving rather quickly. I probaly say Brunell if your just looking for this season and Brees if your looking a little down the road. I still sayy Plummer over both of them for this season.

Plummer has done fine in the last two years, he just wasn't asked to throw much last year and his overall stats suffered because of it. In case you hadn't noticed, Denver likes to run the ball.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Brunnell as a value pick. But he and Plummer were very comperable last year in terms of fantasy production. Plummer got more yardage, but Brunell got more TDs. Thus, the real quesiton is who do you see throwing more (or better) than they did last year? I don't see Plummer's game changing much. Brunnell, on the other hand, just got a new stock pile of WRs to play with, an emerging TE, a healthier line, plus Portis looks like he'll be able to keep defenses balanced.

If I were you, and the rules allowed for it, I'd trade Plummer for what ever you could get - even an extra 12th round pick - then add Brunnell for free. But if you can't do that, and it's a simple choice between the two, I begrudingly give the nod to Plummer. He has a better line, has been more accurate, and last year's stats should be seen as a floor, not a ceiling. With Brunnell, I don't think you can say the same thing. Just my two cents.

Edited by yo mama

the reason Im thinking brees and brunnell over plummer is because denver is mainly a running team while brees and brunnell have major weapons compaired to denver.

in an unrelated note I traded :

t. owens, e. james, c. palmer and d. jackson

for

s. alexander, s. moss, d. culpepper and m. clayton (balt)

the reason Im thinking brees and brunnell over plummer is because denver is mainly a running team while brees and brunnell have major weapons compaired to denver.

That just doesn't make much sense. Washington runs the ball more than they pass it, and frankly, you don't know exactly what you'll get from Brees in New Orleans and the two RB he'll have to play alongside.

for

downgrades at WR1, WR2, and QB for an upgrade at RB? i don't really care for this trade from your perspective at all.

That just doesn't make much sense. Washington runs the ball more than they pass it, and frankly, you don't know exactly what you'll get from Brees in New Orleans and the two RB he'll have to play alongside.

downgrades at WR1, WR2, and QB for an upgrade at RB? i don't really care for this trade from your perspective at all.

t. owens - time bomb

e. james - no line in ari

c. palmer - hurt in jan, culpepper hurt much earlier and fresh scene should help alot

d. jackson - not totally healthy

s. alexander - mvp td machine

s. moss - can score from anywhere on field

d. culpepper - new scene, 30 + tds two seasons ago

ma. clayton - young, ready to break out with little help from mcnair

t. owens - time bomb

e. james - no line in ari

c. palmer - hurt in jan, culpepper hurt much earlier and fresh scene should help alot

d. jackson - not totally healthy

All valid concerns.

s. alexander - mvp td machine

s. moss - can score from anywhere on field

d. culpepper - new scene, 30 + tds two seasons ago

ma. clayton - young, ready to break out with little help from mcnair

All extremely speculative.

Dumb trade, regardless of what you think will happen this season. Look at the Huddle positional rankings going into this year, just for the sake of seeing the value of the players:

Palmer #4 vs. Culpepper #29; Alexander #3 vs. James #6; Owens #5 & Jackson #12 for Moss #17 & clayton #51.

Saying anything other than you got hosed is too kind.

for

you got torched on this trade. owens and james are two potential first rounders and palmer is a helluva QB who should be strong when he returns. um, and djax is solid.

for that you get one first rounder, a hit and miss receiver in moss, a QB who has not proven himself since being split from r. moss and an afterthought.

I wanna play in your league AND make trades with you !!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D ..... Seriously Rook, Welcome to the Huddle!!! ...Don't be offended by anyone being so critical with their remarks, but everyone will give you their honest opinion if you ask for it and sometimes even when you don't. Good luck with your season and keep Plummer, he actually has some pretty good weapons to throw to with Smith and Walker.