[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mock Drafts

ROCKNE

Patience helps a bit.... other than that, what mocks do you want to be in. The official Huddle mocks that are rated by DMD, you just have to be one of the first to sign up when the post goes up announcing them.

Otherwise, you can always take the initiative, set a draft up at MFL or wherever you want to hold it, then ask people that are interested in doing a mock to sign up.

Antsports is the best I've found (other than the mock I did here).

Don't do the public mocks on Antsports. Lurk in the their mock draft forum until someone announces a mock. They have them every night. Post something polite about being a newbie but you will show up on time and follow the rules, and they will let you in. They hate noobs because they f up drafts. But if you're prompt and don't take forever to make your picks, they are mostly good guys and will not give you a hard time.

I've done the mock drafts at Antsports.com and ESPN. Both are free but the ESPN is much quicker. I've completed 10 and 12 team mock drafts in as little as 30 minutes on ESPN while the Antsports drafts usually take days. Both have their good points, but I like doing the quick ones at ESPN. Depending upon the people involved, Antsports can take so long that you forget about it and your picks become computer controlled. Give them each a shot and see which you like best. :D

I've done the mock drafts at Antsports.com and ESPN. Both are free but the ESPN is much quicker. I've completed 10 and 12 team mock drafts in as little as 30 minutes on ESPN while the Antsports drafts usually take days. Both have their good points, but I like doing the quick ones at ESPN. Depending upon the people involved, Antsports can take so long that you forget about it and your picks become computer controlled. Give them each a shot and see which you like best. :D

The problem with ESPN is there are idiots and kids who make boneheaded picks either on purpose to screw with the site or because they know nothing about FF. I've seen Tom Brady and Bush go in the first round, and I've seen guys take all Pats or Steelers players or all rookies. Sure they are quick drafts but it's a waste of time when you don't have serious competition. Even in the ones without pranksters, there are always no shows and people who leave early.

The Antsports mocks that are organized by members in the forum are serious and take about 45 minutes. You don't see any of the issues above (or very rarely). The public mocks with 8 or 12 hour timers take a week and are a waste of time.

The problem with ESPN is there are idiots and kids who make boneheaded picks either on purpose to screw with the site or because they know nothing about FF. I've seen Tom Brady and Bush go in the first round, and I've seen guys take all Pats or Steelers players or all rookies. Sure they are quick drafts but it's a waste of time when you don't have serious competition. Even in the ones without pranksters, there are always no shows and people who leave early.

The Antsports mocks that are organized by members in the forum are serious and take about 45 minutes. You don't see any of the issues above (or very rarely). The public mocks with 8 or 12 hour timers take a week and are a waste of time.

I did an espn mock draft, and some idiot picked maurice clarrett and tim couch in the 1st and 2nd round. :D