[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Trade?

I was just offered a trade in my new dynasty league. Let me start by giving you the details of the league. It's a 10 team league where we start 2 QB's. Starting 2 QB's makes QB's every bit as valuable as RB's. Here's the offer:

I give Simms, Maroney and AJohnson

I get Pennington, DWilliams and CJohnson

Here's my team:

QB's

Palmer

Roethlisberger

Simms

ASmith

AWalter

RB's

Edge

Westbrook

Foster

Maroney

WR's

AJohnson

Horn

MJones

RWhite

ABryant

Looking at the trade on the surface it obviously helps my starting lineup since Simms is a backup and CJ is an upgrade over AJ. The handcuff to Foster is nice as well, but I believe I value Simms more than most. I think he's a great sleeper in a 2 QB format such as this. Like I said QB's are just as valuable as RB's, so he'd be getting the biggest upgrade, IMHO. What do you guys think? Am I just over anylizing things?

I wish I'd get an offer like that. Pennington is a useless throw-in for you, you already have 2 young QBs starting for you - and Palmer has the look of a bonafide stud. The upgrade at RB from Maroney to D Williams (don't get me wrong, I like Maroney a lot, but not as much as DeAngelo) and at WR from A Johnson to C Johnson easily justifies the move. Love your side of it.

Pennington should win the job in NY and that gives you a back-up.

Agree with the rest of your post, but this gets a big ole :D from me.

I accepted the offer. I like my team more now, but I still could use another RB. Thanks for all your opinions. I'm looking forward to my CP to CJ combo for years to come :D

:D

Edited by broncosn05

QUOTE(lynch19 @ 8/7/06 10:14am)

Pennington should win the job in NY and that gives you a back-up.

Agree with the rest of your post, but this gets a big ole from me.

SO you don't think that Pennington will win the job in NY or you don't think he is a back-up?