[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chester Taylor, Kevin Jones, or Willie Parker

I badly need another RB in one of my leagues, and have the opportunity to trade Reggie Wayne for one of these guys. I think my WR are good enough to afford the loss of Wayne. We get 1 point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving, and 6 points for a TD.

KJ and Parker are available now. Meanwhile, the Chester Taylor owner wants to wait a few weeks before dealing him - but he says that he is probably willing to do the deal.

I'd really appreciate any advice you can give me on these questions:

1) How do you rank these 3 RB - Chester Taylor, Kevin Jones, Willie Parker

2) If you rank Taylor first among these 3 guys, would you hold out for his owner to make a decision? Or would you pull the trigger right now on a trade for your 2nd choice (KJ or Parker)? The risk of holding out is that Wayne could get injured, or the KJ or Parker owner could suffer a RB injury, thereby killing his RB depth and taking him out of the trade market.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Whiskeyjack

If you need a RB badly and can afford to let Wayne go, them I'd be inclined to grab Taylor at this point. I'd like to wait a little and see how the three of them look in preseason before I pull the trigger though.

Keep in mind that Wayne may have a better year than last year. It sounds like Indy's going to air it out a ton and Harrison isn't getting any younger. So you need to be sure that Wayne is the player you want to trade and understand that you may lose out on this trade.

I'm not sure I'd be willing to part with Reggie Wayne for any of those RBs and am curious as to who your other WRs are that you feel you can trade tier 1-2 WR for a tier 3 RB.

Thanks for the responses so far guys.

I didn't want to load up the first post with a bunch of info about my league, but since you're asking, might as well clarify a bit. We are a 10 team league that uses an auction draft. This is the first year that we've tried the auction (league has been together for about 6 years). Also, this is the first year that we've tried a new lineup setting - 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, TE, K, DEF, plus 7 bench spots. We used to have the standard QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, DEF. We changed this year for a couple of reasons - but the bottom line is we're trying it out. If it doesn't work, we're going to switch back to normal lineups next season.

So....the combination of the auction and new lineups sounded great to me a few weeks ago. Now, after the draft, I still like my team, but I have a few huge holes to fill. The biggest problem being that I spent my money early on guys who I thought were going for too little money, and ended up not getting any valid RB3. My lineup is as follows:

QB - D.Culpepper

QB - P.Rivers

RB - L.Tomlinson

RB - S.Jackson

RB - B.Jacobs

WR - M.Harrison

WR - R.Wayne

WR - T.Houshmandzadeh

WR - N.Burleson

TE - H.Miller

K - A.Vinatieri

DEF - NY Giants

Bench - C.Pennington (in my IR slot for now while he's listed as questionable)

Bench - A.Smith (QB)

Bench - L.Betts

Bench - V.Haynes

Bench - M.Turner

Bench - D.Bennett

Bench - Mi.Clayton

Bench - V.Jackson

So....its not so much that I want to give up Wayne. Its the fact that giving up Wayne or Housh is the only way I'm going to upgrade my RB3. I think the difference between Wayne/Housh and Bennett/Clayton is smaller than the huge difference between Jacobs and one of KJ/Parker/C.Taylor. While starting Bennett or Clayton at WR4 isn't an awesome option, its acceptable, and there's also the likelihood that I'll have a much easier time finding WR help on the waiver wire, when compared to my chances of finding a good RB3 to play all year (and yeah, I already missed out on Mike Bell - I was flying when he was announced as the starter in Denver :D ).

As for why I was going to deal Wayne over Housh, its mainly a bye week thing. With the extra starters in this league, it would really hurt to have both Wayne and Harrison out on bye the same week, since I'd have to find 2 replacements at the position that week. Also, Wayne has more perceived value - I'm not certain I could get one of these guys for Housh.

Hope that explains things a bit. Let me know if you disagree with me, and still think I should hold on to Wayne.

Side note - my team is pretty 'middle of the pack'. My WR are among the top 3 groups in the league. My top 2 RB are great. I'm happy enough w/ TE, K, DEF. My QB are high upside guys for the most part. The only 2 areas that bug me are RB3 and possibly QB2 (I'd rather have Rivers and/or Pennington on the bench). I think if I can address RB3 though, I might become one of the favorites for the league heading into the season, even if my WR take a small hit.

Edited by Whiskeyjack

Okay, here's another question for you. When can you drop/add players. It looks like there are a couple of RB 1's still up in the air. NY Jets, Denver, maybe even Chicago depending on health. If you can do drop adds, then you could grab one of them.

Wait, you have Turner on your team. You may be okay, I just caught that.

Okay, here's another question for you. When can you drop/add players. It looks like there are a couple of RB 1's still up in the air. NY Jets, Denver, maybe even Chicago depending on health. If you can do drop adds, then you could grab one of them.

Wait, you have Turner on your team. You may be okay, I just caught that.

I can do drops and adds right now. We have a blind bid waiver system, but it doesn't kick in until after week 1, so right now its just first come, first serve.

But the following players are all taken - Curtis Martin, Cedric Houston, Derrick Blaylock, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, Ron Dayne, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, Adrian Peterson. And I have Turner, so I'm following that trade rumor closely. Seems like the only other guy from those teams worth knowing is Leon Washington, and he's more of a small scat back than a full time option, from what I've read. Think he's worth picking up (I'd probably have to drop Haynes)? Right now, just doesn't seem worth it to me.

The best available FA are Antowain Smith, Lee Suggs, Jerome Harrison, Justin Fargas, Dee Brown, Shawn Bryson, Brian Calhoun, Ciatrick Fason, Najeh Davenport, Jerious Norwood, Mike Alstott, Marcel Shipp (heard NYJ were looking at him too), Tony Fisher (my S-Jax handcuff, but I just don't have room for him right now), maybe one or two other guys.

Chestor Taylor!

Positives:

1) Minn has a huge O-line

2) Defenses might not respect Taylor this year.

3) Can run and catch

Negatives

1) Strained groin

2) minn might have to throw alot

3) not a proven starter for the entire season

Why I don't like the other RB's

K. Jones: INJ prone. fully recovered this year new coach should benefit, still think taylor will produce more yards and td's

W. Parker: Will split carries, and lose goaline carries even though he added 5 pounds of muscle. More muscle might slow him down some. Teams will be prepared against parker and look to knock off the defending champs.

Get Parker. They've been using him in goal line scenarios in camp. He might have complained to someone about not getting enough opportunities last year and consequently hit the weight room xtra hard durring the offseason.

:D

everyone is coming in with different picks!

fwiw, i go taylor and i would wait for him. i like how the vikes are building around him and see him very involved in both the pass and run game. kj is next and then fwp.

i agree with your logic to pull this deal and upgrade your RB3.