[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper league, Pick 1.6

cmutts

This is a 12 team keeper league where nobody who was drafted in the first four rounds can be kept. I have Hasselbeck( 4th this year, he was drafted in the 5th last year), LJ( a 7th ) and Jordan( a 10th ) as my mandatory 3 keepers. All td's are 6 points and no point for receptions. 1 point every 10 yards rush/rec. I pick at 1.6 and then 2.7. What I had been thinking is this.

At 1.6 take Steve Smith. At 2.7 probably Harrison. Fitz and Boldin are keepers and guessing that Chad, TO and Holt are gone by 2.7. That would give me 5 great starters. As of right now the first 4 picks ahead of me will be SA,LT,Tiki and Portis. The owner picking at 5 has stated he will take Peyton.

Question: IS 1.6 too early for WR? Based on half the NFL teams not having a clear cut RB this year I could select either James/Ronnie/Caddy or Rudi at 1.6 and have killer RB depth. Then at 2.7 Holt/Harrison and at 3.6 grab Ward, Roy Williams or AJ possibly. RB depth is always critcal and this year it may be more than ever.

So which is the better option: go WR/WR or RB/WR?

Thanks

Question: IS 1.6 too early for WR? Based on half the NFL teams not having a clear cut RB this year I could select either James/Ronnie/Caddy or Rudi at 1.6 and have killer RB depth. Then at 2.7 Holt/Harrison and at 3.6 grab Ward, Roy Williams or AJ possibly. RB depth is always critcal and this year it may be more than ever.

So which is the better option: go WR/WR or RB/WR?

Thanks

I think the RB/WR route is the way to go.

roster requirements? by your note, it sounds like there is no way to start 3 RBs.

i take the receivers. the goal is to draft the best starting line-up you can and you have a chance to grab two of the top receivers with your RB positions locked up. you will be kicking yourself when the season starts when you have sub-par receivers in your line-up and ronnie brown wasting away on your bench.

the only way to take RB would be if you could pull off a nice deal that got you more than a top WR. i wouldn't risk it when you have a chance to get two top ones in the draft.

good luck.