[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this an upgrade?

Fairly standard 12 team performance league with extra bonuses for eclipsing 100 yards receiving.

Mandatory 3 player keeper league, so round 1 of the draft is essentially round 4. Start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 flex

My options:

DDavis

KJones

ABoldin

DJackson

Housh-Your-Mamma

I had originally thought I'd keep DDavis, KJones and Boldin. But with DDavis' knee/health looking suspect I just don't think I can keep him. Right now I'm thinking my keepers are KJones, ABoldin and another WR - likely DJax. There are several WRs available for trade ... Owens, Wayne, Harrison.

My problem is I'm not sure it is enough of an upgrade from DJackson to one of those 3 to warrant giving up a 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder ... do you agree?

If you end up keeping DomDavis this would be a no-brainer, esentially you're giving up a 4th round pick and DJax for Owens or Harrison

No we are talking keepers here ... I have to keep THREE ... originally I had tabbed DDavis to be one of those three but now I have pretty much eliminated him ... so now I have to replace him with another keeper (to go along with KJones and ABoldin), either DJax or one of the "upgrades".

To upgrade from DJax to Owens, Wayne or Harrison will cost a 1st (4th), 2nd (5th) or 3rd (6th) round draft pick. I'm just not convinced the upgrade from DJax to one of those three (assuming it is an upgrade) is worth the loss of a draft pick.

What a shame about DD. Even with his injuries in the past, he has still put up 1,000 yds per season. If he did not have his current his most recent "water on the knee" swelling issue, I would still recommend keeping him.

I would be willing to give up a 6th for TO or Harrison. I think the upgrade from DJax is worth it. I would not give up a 4th or 5th though.

Good luck.

If you end up keeping DomDavis this would be a no-brainer, esentially you're giving up a 4th round pick and DJax for Owens or Harrison

If you end up keeping Dom Davis YOU are a no-brainer. You really have to keep Jones, Boldin and Jax. The problem seems to be none of these guys are automatic first round picks. Jones should have a decent year but wouldn't get picked in the 1st round unless you drafted 12th and 11 rbs went ahead of your pick.

Jax will likely score just shy of what they score if not even beat one or two of them by the end of the year. its a crapshoot in any scenario and the difference will be less then 5 or 6 points per game. So, depending on what else you would have to give up it wouldn't be worth the trade. If you can scare the Owens owner enough with the injury and Parcells attitude about not practicing and not playing a bit dinged up(see JJones rookie year) and steal him than yes grab him cheap.

Edited by Qball86

Having made up your mind about Davis, I'd probably give up a 6th or maybe a 5th for one of those WRs. Not a 4th.

This would probably depend on the other keepers in the league. I assume that you can trade after you declare?

I don't think you can make that trade. DJax is still a #1 receiver on a prolific offense, and you need those early picks for RBs if KJ's your RB1. I'd rather stay with Boldin, DJax and two decent RBs than Boldin, Wayne/Harrison, KJ and a rookie or a shaky RB2.

I agree with letting go of DDavis, though. I just don't think you can trust him over a solid receiver like Boldin or DJax.

Edited by Slusy

No.

Once declarations are made all non-keepers are dropped from your roster.

Well that complicates things.

I'd still trade the 3rd round pick for one of the WRs you mentioned. You'd have 2 pretty studly WRs. You can use your 1st round pick to scoop up a RB, and/or your 2nd.

I might trade your 2nd round pick for Owens. Not for the other two.

I wouldn't trade your 1st round pick.