[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little background to the Kevin Bacon thing

cliaz

A buddy of mine here at work doesn’t believe in the Kevin Bacon thing where everyone in Hollywood is connected to Kevin bacon through 5 other people. The whole 6 degrees of separation thing. So I told Kris that if he named any actor/actress that somehow we could find a connection.

Kris in fact agreed to this and named a character actor named B.J. Novak who plays this guy in the TV show “The Office”. He even went further and said it doesn’t have to be 6 degrees and in fact can be as high as 30. He was very confident that we (me and bill) wouldn’t be able to find a connection to him and Kevin Bacon simply because the Office was B.J.s first gig. So with the help of IMDB and given a time table of 1 day we went to work and ended up finding it in less than a half an hour.

Though I am sure there are fast routes this is the one we have found:

Okay here we go:

Kevin Bacon was in the film “A Stir of Echoes” which is one of my favorite movies With actress Kathryn Erbe who most of you all may remember from the HBO hit series “Oz”. One of the meanest prisoners in that show (and one of my favs) was Adebisi who was played by actor Adewale-Akinnuoye-Agbaje who is in the show LOST and played the character of “Mr. Echo” (Stir of Echoes and Mr. Echo, hmmmm). One of his co-stars on LOST is Naveen Andrews who plays Sayid. Naveen was in a terrible movie called “The English Patient” which stared actor Ralph Fiennes who was also in Schindler’s List with Liam Neeson. Liam starred in a very good adaptation of Les Miserables which also starred Clare Danes who played Kate Brewster in Terminator III: Rise of the Machines. Also with her in that movie was the very hot (slamming hot) Kristanna Loken who played the evil T-X. She was in a movie based after a video game called Blood Rayne who co-starred Michelle Rodriguez who also was on Lost with Adewale but is better known for her role in “The Fast and Furious” which was also the break through hit for Vin Diesel. Diesel did a movie called “Saving Private Ryan” which was a monster success and starred Tom Hanks who directed some episodes of the best ever mini-series “Band of Brothers.” He also played an English officer in an Episode but also his son Colins Hanks played a new Lt. on one episode. Colin Hanks was in a slightly funny movie called “Orange County” that co-starred Jack Black who was in an episode of X-files as a friend of a boy who could control lightning. David Duchovny did a good movie called “Kalifornia” with Brad Pitt who did a really good movie called “Seven” 2 years later in which is co-starred with Morgan Freeman who in turned was in Bruce Almighty which was a break out role for this actor Steve Carell who is now famous for his role as Michael Scott in the TV show “The Office” which has B.J. Novak who plays Ryan Howard. BAM, eat it. I want my free lunch!

Personally IMDB makes is too easy to do this anymore as a challenge. All you do is start with the actor and go backwards until you find a Kevin bacon movie.