[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Night

YoungBob

True, but if you want to find the gold, go deep & look for the consistancy. Throw out the highest & lowest performances, & then compare THAT average. Also look at # of looks & catch %. These are great tools for choosing amongst several middle of the pack WR's.

Appreciate the sound advice, Bonehand...I'll check it out. :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt. I've seen more of them over the last decade they you can imagine. They are pretty easy to spot.

Seems like a huge waste of time to comment on thread after thread that you deem worthless. If it's such a burden to endure the endless stream of nonsensical posts, you're obviously a glutten for punishment. 5 years, 32,000 posts worth. And many of them are "343443434.7765444, give or take .000001", or "I like the player who will score the most points." So people asking for advice or input on their teams in a fantasy football advice forum is nonsensical, but the same unfunny cliches typed into every thread is valuable how, exactly?

Let me know if this gets me added to your ignore list, if not I can keep going. :D

Wow! See how fast you made the list? It took me the better part of an entire day to accomplish what you did in one post! :D

Knock off the nonsensical posts, n00b. :D

Asking for advice in an advice forum. The unmitigated gall......

:D

Either this is your first post and you are really a n00b with no sense

-or-

you are one of the idiots on my ignore list, trying to hide behind an alias

-or-

you are a veteran in disguise :D

Either way, consider yourself ignored.

Either Grits is a crusty old fart

-or-

his mama did not give him enough loving when he was a kid

-or-

he is a 14 year old immature brat

-or-

aaahhh forget it, he's just a plain and simple a-hole.

Soon all the n00bs on my ignore list will gather here and offer you support ... you can all stroke each other ad nauseum until you reach your ultimate bliss

No disrespect but when did this site become non-user friendly? I have only been on here a year or so and don't post much but if you don't want to answer a question or think one is not worthy of an answer .. just move on...Just because you are unemployed and can post a million times doesn't mean your annual fee is greater than everone else. Honestly some of us just want an opinion on either strategy or personel from huddlers who have more experience. If this isn't the case than most of us who are members can utilize a site like CBS and talk to 12 year old girls ...

Should I worry about posting a question I have on a player because a MVP may berate me? C'mon

Edited by jlie13

No disrespect but when did this site become non-user friendly? I have only been on here a year or so and don't post much but if you don't want to answer a question or think one is not worthy of an answer .. just move on...Just because you are unemployed and can post a million times doesn't mean your annual fee is greater than everone else. Honestly some of us just want an opinion on either strategy or personel from huddlers who have more experience. If this isn't the case than most of us who are members can utilize a site like CBS and talk to 12 year old girls ...

Should I worry about posting a question I have on a player because a MVP may derate me? C'mon

Brad Johnson may have the stats of a 12 year old girl this year. Great point.

i'm a little late to this lovefest, but let me weigh in anyway ...

you guys have to admit that if every huddler came to this forum and posted their draft results that this would be one of the most boring boards to wade through. i've asked for a "rate my team" board where people can start threads like this if they want, but i know that i would never go there.

unless we can see your ENTIRE draft and be familiar with your scoring and roster requirements, there really is no way to rate a team or tell you how you did. and, if everyone posted this kind of stuff, with a very general, open-ended question at the end like, "please, honestly, tell me how i did," well, nothing would get done in here. i don't know who would have the time to digest all of your league req's and then pour over an entire draft to advise you where you maybe should have made a different pick. also, since the draft is over, there's nothing that can be done about it anyway!

you need to do some work with your team first, BEFORE posting here. take a look at your situation and assess it, and then come forward with some more thought out questions, such as, "here are my receivers that i drafted in last night's draft ... i'm not happy with them. here are the receivers on the waiver wire that i'm most interested in ... any advice on who i should take first?" or "here is a trade i'm thinking about offering to bolster my WRs, after looking at both of these rosters, what do you think?"

those are questions that we can at least dig out teeth into, do a bit of research for you if needed, and then give you some concrete advice. there is simply no way to do this with just looking at a roster and having a detail or two about your league.

and usually, when someone does offer some constructive criticism about a drafted team, they then just get all the particular situational details of the draft that explains why that pick was made, which happened in this thread ... someone says WRs may be weak ... you say that you are not happy with glenn, but burleson went right before him ... and then someone responds with ... "oh, ok." there is no way to comment at that point without knowing ALL the WRs that were still on the board at that point, and who wants to post that?

just some things to think about.