[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Night

YoungBob

Soon all the n00bs on my ignore list will gather here and offer you support

Can this forum handle that many Huddle members? Someone had better check to make certain the server is prepared for the volume of people Grits & Shins feels are unworthy of his FF acumen.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took part in my first draft of the season last night and feel pretty good about what I came away with. In retrospect, there are one or two picks I may have handled differently...but hindsight is always 20/20. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

14 Team Redraft, PPR, IDP, TE not required, each roster is only allowed 3 RB's and 2 QB's

QB's: Eli Manning, Steve McNair

RB's: Ronnie Brown, Chester Taylor, Mike Bell

WR's: Torry Holt, Donald Driver, Terry Glenn, David Givens, Antonio Bryant, Mark Clayton, Sammie Parker

K: Lawrence Tynes

IDP: Jonathan Vilma, Lofa Tatupu

I've got quite a few WR's with Bye Week # 7, but I also have a few weeks to work on that.

Thanks.

Not bad for a 14 team redraft. Chester Taylor and Mike Bell are risky only because they are not proven. Ronnie Brown will get his chances. Terry Glenn will surprise this year especially with TO crying on the sidelines. Driver will be the recipient of at least 85 balls. I would say 100 balls, but at least 15 intended for him will result in picks. Pretty solid though.

Not bad for a 14 team redraft. Chester Taylor and Mike Bell are risky only because they are not proven. Ronnie Brown will get his chances. Terry Glenn will surprise this year especially with TO crying on the sidelines. Driver will be the recipient of at least 85 balls. I would say 100 balls, but at least 15 intended for him will result in picks. Pretty solid though.

I hope you're right about Glenn reaping the benefits of T.O.'s inevitable problems. Right now, I'm not crazy about him as my WR3 and may look to upgrade via trade or free agency. My WR depth would have been stronger but Kennison and Burleson were picked right before me in successive rounds. :D

:D

Either this is your first post and you are really a n00b with no sense

-or-

you are one of the idiots on my ignore list, trying to hide behind an alias

-or-

you are a veteran in disguise :D

Either way, consider yourself ignored.

That just seems to sum it up in a nutshell, doesn't it? A man of the people...as long as you agree with him.

I hope you're right about Glenn reaping the benefits of T.O.'s inevitable problems. Right now, I'm not crazy about him as my WR3 and may look to upgrade via trade or free agency. My WR depth would have been stronger but Kennison and Burleson were picked right before me in successive rounds. :D

IMO, Glenn is overlooked big time. TO being there has done this. Bledsoe is very confident about putting the ball up for grabs with Glenn against anyone. He has the best hands in the league. Give him a couple weeks.

Why don't you bunch of homos, NTTAWWT, get a freakin' room already. :D

And dukeboy, don't let the door hit ya. As someone who spends a lot of time in this forum answering questions helping new FF'ers out, I take offense to your question. :D

Clearly YoungBob wouldn't want my advice anyway so welcome to my ignore list

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: YoungBob.

· View this post

· Squeeze me a little harder YoungBob

I must be losing my touch...it took me more than half a day to get on that list. I'm Huddle member 9,002...but I'll bet there are even more on the Grits and Shins roster. I'm in a better place. :D

I must be losing my touch...it took me more than half a day to get on that list. I'm Huddle member 9,002...but I'll bet there are even more on the Grits and Shins roster. I'm in a better place. :D

I think we're all in a better place, so we won't have to read anymore of this stuff. :D

No worries YoungBob, Grits is a bit of a pain sometimes. Unfortunately for you, he does offer a lot of very good advice, but he also has his "ornary" side.

Move on, let it go, and enjoy the huddle and its forums. :D

No worries YoungBob, Grits is a bit of a pain sometimes. Unfortunately for you, he does offer a lot of very good advice, but he also has his "ornary" side.

Move on, let it go, and enjoy the huddle and its forums. :D

Agreed, Hugh. The Huddle is the best FF site available and is filled with members (-1) with whom I can share information and advice. Le'ts play some football! :D

By our league scoring system, Kennison was the #22 WR last season. In a 14 team league, having a potential top 25 receiver as my WR3 or WR4 would have certainly made my roster stronger.

And yet, despite scoring those points, Kennison only had a TD OR 100 yards 7 times. 9 weeks he provided nominal scoring. He Is streaky to no end, throwing up big games, and then disappearing entirely for others.

Trust me on this, you are better off not having him on your roster.

And yet, despite scoring those points, Kennison only had a TD OR 100 yards 7 times. 9 weeks he provided nominal scoring. He Is streaky to no end, throwing up big games, and then disappearing entirely for others.

Trust me on this, you are better off not having him on your roster.

Points taken...and thanks for the stats. I don't have much of a choice about his being on my roster right now, but aren't many of those scoring streaks typical of a WR3 or WR4?

I always like the guys/girls that post a message and come back later to see if someone quoted and responded. That my friends is an ego stroke if I ever saw one!

But...I too can't see the advise in a rate my team post as we can offer no advise. Now if there was someone one the waiver wire of use that you needed some "should I" advise....that is something different.

But I'm this far so I'll give my rating: Risky team setup as most 14 team drafts can be. Your RBs are pretty good and given there are only 42 on teams, you should be alright. I don't like your WRs but that is just my opinion on most of those guys.

I'll be back later to see if anyone liked what I had to say!!!

Edited by Sharpie

Why don't you bunch of homos, NTTAWWT, get a freakin' room already. :D

And dukeboy, don't let the door hit ya. As someone who spends a lot of time in this forum answering questions helping new FF'ers out, I take offense to your question. :D

You know what Hugh, you're right. You and several others are a credit to the message board. Upon re-reading my post, I thought I may get that reply from some. I just got a little squirlly there.

You know what Hugh, you're right. You and several others are a credit to the message board. Upon re-reading my post, I thought I may get that reply from some. I just got a little squirlly there.

Fair enough. Appreciate the response. You're back in the good books. :D

Points taken...but aren't many of those scoring streaks typical of a WR3 or WR4?

True, but if you want to find the gold, go deep & look for the consistancy. Throw out the highest & lowest performances, & then compare THAT average. Also look at # of looks & catch %. These are great tools for choosing amongst several middle of the pack WR's.

Fair enough. Appreciate the response. You're back in the good books. :D

:D Man, I was about to come in here with :D blazing and ready to :D dukeboy for that comment, but now that you two are all :D and :D I guess I will get back to giving my :D about :D