[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.O. Fined

Flip_Side

Well, yes and no. I believe something should have been said to T.O. about his 100th TD...Reid said he had no prior knowledge of it...so this guy, who's clearly the #1 WR, who was willing to sacrifice himself for the 04 SuperBowl, doesn't even have a HC who knows how many TD's he has? great. And you expect him (nae, you demand him) to act like a team player, when he's clearly not considered part of the team. Yes he makes waves, but if the PHI Eagles were such a high class org. who only want high class in return, they should've handled it QUITE different. I believe they started the problems. He wanted more money, but still showed up for the season, and did his job. 2 wrongs don't make a right, but I'll never say PHI wasn't to blame for that whole scenario.

Why should Reid worry about his stats or anyone's for that matter? All he should care about is winning. Could the Eagles have done something, sure. But all they should be worried about is winning. And the fans didn't "demand" him to act like a team player, the contract he signed did. That is why the Eagles were able to fine him and sit him. The guy missed meetings, yelled at coaches, called out the QB to a fist fight, avoided mandatory autograph signings during training camp, etc. He basically did everything he could to cause trouble because the Eagles wouldn't re-work a contract that they already re-worked the year before. He signed a long contract to get a nice signing bonus and then wants to re-do the contract every year? Why not sign 1 year deals? Because then he wouldn't get the big signing bonuses.

Bottom line is that T.O. wants it his way and if it is not he throws fit like a 2 year old.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cowboys will not release TO as they owe him $10 million now regardless if he's playing or not.

The most they do is bench him and make him a non factor to the rest of the team.

Don't know where you get your information from.

link

A star is born: Owens signs with the Cowboys

Associated Press

IRVING, Texas -- Jerry Jones was finishing yet another explanation of why he thinks Terrell Owens will be on his best behavior with the Dallas Cowboys when his new star receiver chimed in.

"Jerry, I know what's expected of me," Owens said. "I won't let you down."

The Cowboys sure hope so, especially since they didn't get it in writing.

The receiver who has proven he can wreak havoc on or off the field signed a three-year, $25 million contract with Dallas on Saturday. The deal includes a $5 million bonus and $5 million salary this season, but no added penalties should Owens pull any of the stunts that caused so many problems for his two previous teams, the San Francisco 49ers and the Philadelphia Eagles.

link

Terrell Owens is now a member of the Dallas Cowboys.

While this signing might make some Cowboys fans quiver, it was an exciting day for both team owner and general manager Jerry Jones, as well as Owens, who received a three-year deal worth $25 million, including a $5 million signing bonus.

"I couldn't be more excited about getting here and being apart of this franchise," said Owens, who sat alongside Jones and his agent Drew Rosenhaus during the press conference. "I'm not really interested in looking back to the past. I've made some mistakes. I know that. But it starts today. You can't ever move forward if you keep bringing up the past."

Owens is scheduled to pocket $10 million this season, combining his $5 million signing bonus with his $5 million base salary, which equates to a $6.66 million salary cap charge in 2006.

He has a pair of $3 million roster bonuses due over the next two years, and is scheduled to receive a $5 million base salary in 2007 and a $4 million in base in 2008.

Looks to me like DAL is on the hook only for a $5M signing bonus, but it is unknown how much of that they would recover in filing against Owens if it is determined that he is intentionally not working out with the team because of a faked injury (Lelie has to pay $1.1M back to DEN in fines & recovered signing bonus due to his holdout). I said last week that was the reason DAL was forcing him to take a second MRI - which was negative, just like the first one in the beginning of August.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Couldn't happen to a nicer steaming pile of dung in JJ. I really hope this continues throughout the year as I do enjoy watching a Cowboys meltdown.

Edited becasue derby just doesn't get my point across. :D

Edited by Kid Cid

Jones believes the big numbers he's paying Owens will add up to big production. Owens is due $8 million next year and $7 million in 2008, but only the amount for this season is guaranteed. That structure gives the Cowboys an escape after this season, while Owens' ability to stomach reductions in two successive years might be a test if he performs at a high level.