[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS QB

Flip_Side

I'd go with Plummer. He's going against the Rams defense and should put up some stats. I am considering starting Plummer over Bulger myself...

And I just realised my opponent is starting R.Smith so that gives me even more incentive to start Plummer.

I'd go with Plummer. The Denver-St Louis game seems like it will be more high-scoring than the Dallas-Jacksonville game. The one reason I might consider Bledsoe is because Denver could easily get out to an early lead, then run the ball the rest of the game. But, I think St Louis is good enough to stay within shouting distance of Denver, and force Denver to play a balanced offense.

So you get MORE points for a TD that Plummer throws to your opponent's WR ... that's an interesting twist

Ummm no, but all the yards and TD's that Smith would get, Plummer would also. Basically negating that WR, and Plummer will also spread the ball to other WR's to rack up some more points. So if Smith has a big game, Plummer does also, that's how I see it atleast.

Ummm no, but all the yards and TD's that Smith would get, Plummer would also. Basically negating that WR, and Plummer will also spread the ball to other WR's to rack up some more points. So if Smith has a big game, Plummer does also, that's how I see it atleast.

if you play by that rule, you are limiting yourself...just play the better matchup...

I would play Plummer since he doesn't have a power running game...they should throw some against the Rams...

Bledsoe plays @Jax...and it's tough to play there for whatever reason...

You mean when Plummer throws the ball to Smith any of his yards and TDs are negated and don't count? Wow.

BTW ... if Plummer throws for 180 yards and 2 TDs Rod Smith could have 110 yards and 2 TDs. That looks like a big day by Rod Smith and a so-so day for Plummer. Unless of course the fact that you started Plummer negates all those Rod Smith points and he gets a zero.

if you play by that rule, you are limiting yourself...just play the better matchup...

I would play Plummer since he doesn't have a power running game...they should throw some against the Rams...

Bledsoe plays @Jax...and it's tough to play there for whatever reason...

Gotcha, thanks everyone for helping me out.

You mean when Plummer throws the ball to Smith any of his yards and TDs are negated and don't count? Wow.

BTW ... if Plummer throws for 180 yards and 2 TDs Rod Smith could have 110 yards and 2 TDs. That looks like a big day by Rod Smith and a so-so day for Plummer. Unless of course the fact that you started Plummer negates all those Rod Smith points and he gets a zero.

Basically I look at it like this, His opposing WR (Smith,that is) will only do as good as MY QB(Plummer that is) allows him too.

Basically I look at it like this, His opposing WR (Smith,that is) will only do as good as MY QB(Plummer that is) allows him too.

So you'd be happy if Plummer had 180 yards and 2 TDs with Smith getting 110 yards and 2 TDs ... while Bledsoe had 200 yards and 3 TDs? Because by starting Plummer you "limited" Smith?

So you'd be happy if Plummer had 180 yards and 2 TDs with Smith getting 110 yards and 2 TDs ... while Bledsoe had 200 yards and 3 TDs? Because by starting Plummer you "limited" Smith?

No, Plummer has the better matchup we already established that. I was just stating that it was an added plus that he had Smith starting.

So if Plummer throws for 180 and 2 TD's he scores 19pts.

and if Bledsoe throws for 195 no TD's and 2 picks he scores 3pts

I'll take the 19 points no matter what WR starts against me!

What added benefit? A TD thrown by Plummer is worth less to Rod Smith because you started Plummer?

Obviously you have a different way of running your team, and I have mine I asked for advice not an argument. In my mind it's just safer to start Plummer with my opponent also having R.Smith starting. Because knowing my luck I start Bledsoe and then Smith and Plummer go crazy that week, and Bledsoe doesn't do squat. I'd rather take the chance of Bledsoe going off and me losing out on those points than me starting Bledsoe and Plummer and Smith going off, knowing my QB could have had a lot of those points that Smith would have had. I don't know what I'm trying to say really, but it makes sense to me and thats all that matters in the end.

I'd rather be safe than sorry, I'm not going out there to hit any home runs and take chances. Staying safe will win me my league. :D

Edited by Flip_Side

Obviously you have a different way of running your team, and I have mine I asked for advice not an argument. In my mind it's just safer to start Plummer with my opponent also having R.Smith starting. Because knowing my luck I start Bledsoe and then Smith and Plummer go crazy that week, and Bledsoe doesn't do squat. I'd rather take the chance of Bledsoe going off and me losing out on those points than me starting Bledsoe and Plummer and Smith going off, knowing my QB could have had a lot of those points that Smith would have had. I don't know what I'm trying to say really, but it makes sense to me and thats all that matters in the end.

I'd rather be safe than sorry, I'm not going out there to hit any home runs and take chances. Staying safe will win me my league. :D

You should always start the players you perceive will score the most points REGARDLESS of who your opponent starts, period.

If Rod Smith catchs a TD it is 6 points, period. It doesn't matter if Plummer throws it to him or if Mike Bell throws it to him. If Plummer throws a TD then it's 4 points (or how many ever your system awards) REGARDLESS of who catches the TD pass, period.

If you believe you are mitigating some of your risk by starting a particular player to "cancel out points" your opponent is starting you are sadly mistaken. As I have already pointed out Plummer can have a monster day with Plummer having a mediocre day.

One of the dumbest concepts ever is the idea that starting a QB/WR from your team "cancels out" the WR/QB your opponent starts from the same team.

Consider this ... if the roles were reversed would you consider starting Rod Smith because your opponent is starting Plummmer. I'd venture to say you'd answer yes. So if you'd consider doing it from either spot there is NO BENEFIT.

You should always start the players you perceive will score the most points REGARDLESS of who your opponent starts, period.

If Rod Smith catchs a TD it is 6 points, period. It doesn't matter if Plummer throws it to him or if Mike Bell throws it to him. If Plummer throws a TD then it's 4 points (or how many ever your system awards) REGARDLESS of who catches the TD pass, period.

If you believe you are mitigating some of your risk by starting a particular player to "cancel out points" your opponent is starting you are sadly mistaken. As I have already pointed out Plummer can have a monster day with Plummer having a mediocre day.

One of the dumbest concepts ever is the idea that starting a QB/WR from your team "cancels out" the WR/QB your opponent starts from the same team.

Consider this ... if the roles were reversed would you consider starting Rod Smith because your opponent is starting Plummmer. I'd venture to say you'd answer yes. So if you'd consider doing it from either spot there is NO BENEFIT.

Ok, I get what your saying. But I was going to start Plummer anyway based on matchup not just because my opponent has R.Smith. I was simply stating that in MY opinion I think it's a bonus that he is starting him. I know that if the matchups were reversed and Bledsoe was playing STL and Plummer was playing JAX I would start Bledsoe, simple as that.

Edited by Flip_Side

I would agree that starting a QB to cancel a WR out makes no sence, however I LOVE to have a WR on the team I am playing against's QB. I will risk giving up points to my WR to cancel SOME of the QB's points.

Exactly how are points being "cancelled out".

Classic example for you Mr. FF:

Last year I made a trade to pick up M.Harrison (gave him S.Davis and M.Muham) Yes it was sweet!!

Anyway, I made the trade knowing I would face Manning at some point in the post season. In week 14 Harrison put up 137 and 2 scores giving me 32 points due to 100yd bonus, yards and a bonus 50+ TD.

Manning in that same game put up 324 and 2 TD's (both to...you guessed it Harrison), thus he scored 40 pts. I took away all but 8 pts and I still have my QB left. Had I not had Harrison, YES I could have had a WR perform just as well, but I will take my chances of being one of 3/4 targets that are going to have that type of a game. By the way, in his scoring system, Manning would have only had MUCH less points.

Classic example for you Mr. FF:

Last year I made a trade to pick up M.Harrison (gave him S.Davis and M.Muham) Yes it was sweet!!

Anyway, I made the trade knowing I would face Manning at some point in the post season. In week 14 Harrison put up 137 and 2 scores giving me 32 points due to 100yd bonus, yards and a bonus 50+ TD.

Manning in that same game put up 324 and 2 TD's (both to...you guessed it Harrison), thus he scored 40 pts. I took away all but 8 pts and I still have my QB left. Had I not had Harrison, YES I could have had a WR perform just as well, but I will take my chances of being one of 3/4 targets that are going to have that type of a game. By the way, in his scoring system, Manning would have only had MUCH less points.

So if you had traded for SSmith and started and HE had put up 137 and 2 scores would he have scored 32 points?

So if you had traded for SSmith and started and HE had put up 137 and 2 scores would he have scored 32 points?

WOW are you soooooooooo smart Grits, now I see why guys LOVE you.

So if you want to get smart about it, jaqees....

NO he would not have scored 32 points, he only had 103 yards and no TD's that week and would have scored 16 points.

OH and by the way, I would have lost.

Scoreboard :D

WOW are you soooooooooo smart Grits, now I see why guys LOVE you.

So if you want to get smart about it, jaqees....

NO he would not have scored 32 points, he only had 103 yards and no TD's that week and would have scored 16 points.

OH and by the way, I would have lost.

Scoreboard :D

Listen to me now ... I said IF SSmith had scored 137 yards and 2 TDs would he have also scored 32 points?