[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did I make the right move?

Shorttynaz

Ok.. I'm in a 10 team PPR league.. 1 pt - reception/10yrds rush-rec/2 pt bonus for 100 yrd game rush-rec/6pt TD. We can start a variety of different positions. HAVE to start 2 RB's and 3 WR's. There are however 2 Flex spots.. RB/WR, and WR/TE so I can start 5 WRs each week.. Take a look at what I did

My team WAS as follows..

QB - Warner; Mcnair

RB - Barber; K Jones; D Foster; W Lundy; B Jacobs; J Harrison; L Maroney

WR - L Fitzgerald; R Moss; D Mason; A Johnson; G Jennings

TE - LJ Smith

K - Vinatieri

DEF - New England

The dude I just made a deal with had V Morrency; D Davis; D Williams and M Anderson; and J Norwood as his RB's. I ALREADY completed a trade with him..

I gave him D Foster, W Lundy; and Patriots defense

FOR

I received P Burress; Chicago's D, and J Norwood

So that puts me with a huge risk of hoping Barber and K Jones can hold down the fort until some of those other guys (hopefully) get a shot but I got 5 STUD receivers!!!

There are a few people in my league telling me that they CANNOT wait to play me and they hope for my sake that the Bears D can carry me through the season? Am I missing something here? I mean Foster was useless to me without Williams (who is owned by the guy I traded him to) and Lundy (who would have sat my bench anyway - so I traded him to the guy who had his backup), as well. I got another solid WR who I will start every week and a top rated D in return. Did I do the right thing???

interesting strategy ... make the trade, and then ask for advice.

:D

i wouldn't follow this sequence throughout the year if i were you.

This seems about right... :D

Why would you basically give up 2 possible starting RBs and decent defense for a WR2, a good D, and a backup RB? Only time will tell, but for now, I would say you got the short endof the stick in this deal.

Why would you basically give up 2 possible starting RBs and decent defense for a WR2, a good D, and a backup RB? Only time will tell, but for now, I would say you got the short endof the stick in this deal.

But that's just it. 2 POSSIBLE starting RBs. I hated to come off of Foster, but he's historically not a full season RB. Now with Williams there, his value goes down even that much more. And Lundy. I got him off the waiver wire. So for my 6th round pick in Foster, my last pick (15th) in Atlanta's D, and a waiver wire pickup in Lundy, for a 4th round pick, and a top 3 defense. Lundy was going to sit the bench anyway. I dont know. I was very iffy about doing it at first, but being able to start 5 of the arguably top 15 WR's, in a Receiver dominated points system, I am starting to like it. I dont know. Only time will tell I guess. I dont feel like I got that bad of a deal. I gave up depth, for more points out of my starters. If healthy, I feel that I have a pretty lethal lineup. Oh well. I asked for thoughts and got it! Thanks