[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Branch for Year?

I took a chance on Deion Branch late in my money league, a move that looks like it's going to backfire unless something changes dramatically in the next week. Now trying to get ahead of the problem, I am trying to decide if I should go ahead and let him loose or try to hang on in case he blows up in the final six weeks (assuming New England even plays him).

My starting WR's are fantastic (Torry Holt, Chad Johnson), but my bye week fill-ins are a major step down (Reggie Brown, Greg Jennings). I could probably get a guy like Eric Moulds, Ernest Wilford, Marty Booker, or Bobby Engram off the waiver wire (as long as they don't blow up in Week 1 and move up the waiver chart... I pick last in our league as of right now). Is there anyone worth dropping Deion for or should I just stick tight and hope that Brown and Jennings are good enough to cover me in the bye weeks?

PS - One good thing about my WR's is that my FANTASY team is on a bye the same week that Holt and the Rams are. So I only NEED to fill in for Johnson's bye in Week 5 (Greg Jennings plays StL that week, Reggie Brown gets Dallas).

I'd hold him for a week or two and see what FA wrs start to play well. If Branch doesn't seem to be going to another team or the Pats don't look to be signing him, I'd drop him. Maybe the Pats will stuggle early on and will look to sign him? But I wouldn't hold onto him for more than a couple of weeks

If I drop him now, do I pick up the better fantasy player in general (IMO, this is Moulds, but as I said above I can't use him to replace Torry Holt on the bye week. I'd have to stick with Jennings or Reggie Brown that week)? Or do I pick up Ernest Wilford, a guy who is probably not as good as Moulds but who I CAN plug in for Torry Holt in Week 5? Wilford would be playing the Jets that week.

I could also get a guy like Doug Gabriel who would be the WR1 in New England (??). This is a smaller league, so if you guys have other potential replacements I may be forgetting, please advise.