[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

want to sell high-trade offer

Sugar Magnolia

I am in a predicament. I have Steeler D and Heath Miller with no back-ups which will be an issue week 4. I have been turned down a trade of Steeler D for Indy D, and Steeler D for Carolina. Also was turned down Leftwich, Steeler D, and Miller for Warner, Seattle D and and Watson. I got into this predicatment when I dropped Atlanta D to pick up Matt Jones who was dropped-figuring I couldn't pass it up.

I was just contacted to trade Miller for LJ Smith. Should I do it?

Should I ask for more? He's got:

Hass, Plummer

C johnson, Horn, Driver, Jerivicius, Wilford

Portis, Foster, C. Brown, Jacobs

Crumpler, Lj Smith

Janikowski, Balt

I've got:

Bledsoe, Leftwich

Holt, Ro. Williams, Mason, M Jones, Coles

Barber, Parker, Gore, M. Bell, Lundy

H. Miller

Akers, Steeler D

Advice on a good trade package? I'm willing to move H. Miller and or Steeler D. to get around the bye week issue, but I'm not desperate, since the bye week is weeks away and lots can happen.

don't get desperate. i like to play match-ups with defenses if i don't have one of the dominant ones. looking to week 4, the rams at home vs. detroit looks good, oakland has the browns in town, and KC is hosting the 49ers. by week 4, one of your roster spots will probably free up, plus you will be past bledsoe's bye, making leftwich not as critical. that would let you keep pitt's D.

the miller for LJ trade is a good one that postpones your dilemma until week 9, giving you more time on the TE spot. LJ will be one of philly's main weapons and should have a nice year.

Edited by tonorator

trading these players 1 for 1 doesn't solve your bye week issue, it only postpones it for a while. I like Miller better than LJ Smith this year, simply because I think he'll be a TD machine. Keep Miller. When week 4 rolls around you can drop that bum Coles for a backup TE to use that week, then you can drop the Steeler D for another D with a decent matchup and then reverse the A/D the following week.

trading these players 1 for 1 doesn't solve your bye week issue, it only postpones it for a while. I like Miller better than LJ Smith this year, simply because I think he'll be a TD machine. Keep Miller. When week 4 rolls around you can drop that bum Coles for a backup TE to use that week, then you can drop the Steeler D for another D with a decent matchup and then reverse the A/D the following week.

I hear what you are saying. The reason postponing the problem until week 9 helps is I can see what transpires with Lundy, Gore, and M. Bell. I think it will shake out that one will be worth trading or dropping. But, that may not be so clear by week 4. Dropping Steeler D gives someone a great opportunity to pick them up and make their team stronger, and I get nothing for it. Chicago had an early bye week last year and someone dropped them, before it was clear how strong they were in fantasy, and I picked them up. I usually pick up and drop D's playing match-ups, but it was sure nice having one D to count on every week, and not compete with other owners for the match-up D's. I have no problem dropping Coles, but I hate dropping the Steeler D and someone getting them on the WW. I could offer Miller for Driver but I doubt he'd go for it, but who knows. He's a Steeler homer. He's offered me Steeler D for Baltimore, but I'm not going for that one. Thoughts everyone? Thanks.

I would not be worrying about it right now & would probably stand pat and see what is made available in the next week or so. If you are that concerned, why not wait and week and try to trade your entire problem to the other guy and hope that he does something stupid at week 4?