[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When Is The Soonest Koren Robinson Could Play?

DeezNuts

Sep 12 Packers general manager Ted Thompson said Robinson probably would be available Sunday against New Orleans, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.

Recommendation: It remains unclear whether Robinson will face a one-year suspension for his violation of the league's substance-abuse policy. Barring any disciplinary action before this week's game, however, Thompson said he expects Robinson to help the team as a receiver and kick returner. If Robinson manages to avoid a suspension, he could eventually challenge for a starting job as he learns the offense

I absolutely DO NOT understand why the league has not suspended him for a year yet. Can anybody explain this to me? :D

I think his legal issues have to go through the judicial process. Innocent until proven guilty, right?

Edited to add: I wouldn't be surprised to see KRob on kick return duties this week, but that's about all he'll contribute for awhile, IMO.

Edited by PaulOttCarruth

I think his legal issues have to go through the judicial process. Innocent until proven guilty, right?

Edited to add: I wouldn't be surprised to see KRob on kick return duties this week, but that's about all he'll contribute for awhile, IMO.

I actually don't think that's the case with the league. They don't need a conviction or anything to discipline someone on a substance abuse (Onterrio Smith got a knock against him just for having a Whizzinator - not for using it). I think that the Teams in the league need to be more careful about disciplining a player, but the league itself isn't as restricted from what I understand.

This just seems like an obvious violation and the timing from the league on addressing this leaves me completely baffled.

Doesn't he have a court date in Seattle in the the beginning of October for probabtion violation. He might be going back to jail for that. Then he has to face the 3 felonys in Minnesota. I would be surpised if they let him walk without jailtime here. I am betting he will be good for 3 or 4 games.

I actually don't think that's the case with the league. They don't need a conviction or anything to discipline someone on a substance abuse (Onterrio Smith got a knock against him just for having a Whizzinator - not for using it). I think that the Teams in the league need to be more careful about disciplining a player, but the league itself isn't as restricted from what I understand.

This just seems like an obvious violation and the timing from the league on addressing this leaves me completely baffled.

That's right. He's in the treatment program and as such can be suspended anytime. I believe they have evidence of it(alcohol use) already.

I hope he returns a few kicks before getting sent home(or to jail)