[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players you want and Players you want to Trade Away

cliaz

Before you read this just know that this is all in my own personal opinion folks.

Players You Want

Joseph Addi – RB Colts

Week 1 Stats

7 rushing attempts for 26 yards = 3.71 ypc

3 receptions for 22 yards = 7.33 yac

D. Rhodes

16 rushing attempts for 29 yards = 1.81 ypc

3 receptions for 14 yards = 4.66 yac

Even though Rhodes knows the system with the Colts it appears (even though it is only week 1.) that youth may prevail here. Addi was given less rushing attempts and made more out of those than Rhodes did and also with receptions. In this situation I would lean towards the youth on this team. It appears that Joseph will be give more and more chances to shine in this system. Keep a close watch on this and if you have room on your bench make a trade and stash him there.

Marques Colston – WR Saints

Week 1 Stats

4 receptions for 49 yards and 1 Touchdown

Interestingly enough a running back had the most receptions on the day for the Saints and the old man Joe Horn only had 2 receptions for 25 yards. The next highest player in receptions is Colston. Though I wouldn’t recommend using him as a #2 or #3 Wide Out just yet but he is a big target at 6’4 231lbs and Brees could be tempted to look for him in the red zone a lot during the course of the season. You should be able to get him for relatively cheap or may even be on the waive wire waiting for you.

Wes Welker – WR Miami

Week 1 Stats

4 Receptions for 67 yards

3 Kick off returns for average of 24.7 yards

3 Punt returns for average of 26.3 yards

When Marty Booker got hurt Wes stepped into the line up and shined. With Booker’s age and not playing a full 16 game schedules the past three years it wouldn’t hurt to snake up the special team player and stash him on your bench. Do not over pay for him as until Booker goes down with an injury he is only useful in very deep leagues and leagues that awards points for return yards.

Players you Want to Trade Away

Chad Pennington – QB Jets

Week 1 Stats

24/33 for 319 yards and 2 touchdowns

Let’s face it Pennington play against the new Bengals of the NFL and looked good. But lets not forget that he belongs to the Kellen Winslow/Charles Rogers Club and hasn’t played a full season. Right now is the best time to trade him away if you need to fill in holes in another position. In leagues that are 10 teams and deeper there are owners that might be hurting for a Quarter Back (Maybe the team that has Favre) and you could get a player in return that gives you more in the long run then Pennington.

Tony Gonzalez – TE Kansas City

Week 1 Stats

10 receptions for 81 yards and 1 Touchdown

Granted those stats do not scream “Trade me Now!” but with Trent Green gone for now and Herman Edwards stating on NFL channel in the post game interview that he threw the ball way more than he liked to I think it is safe to take the trade value he gave you in week 1 and push to get another position filled. This week he plays @the Broncos, then has a bye that is followed by two good match ups. After that he hits pockets of tough games and with Edwards stating more run, less throw you will see a drop in his production.

09/17/06 at Denver Broncos

09/24/06 Bye

10/01/06 San Francisco 49ers

10/08/06 at Arizona Cardinals

10/15/06 at Pittsburgh Steelers

10/22/06 San Diego Chargers

10/29/06 Seattle Seahawks

11/05/06 at St. Louis Rams

11/12/06 at Miami Dolphins

11/19/06 Oakland Raiders

11/23/06 Denver Broncos

12/03/06 at Cleveland Browns

12/10/06 Baltimore Ravens

12/17/06 at San Diego Chargers

12/23/06 at Oakland Raiders

12/31/06 Jacksonville Jaguars

Fred Taylor – RB Jacksonville

Week 1 Stats

21 rushes for 74 yards and 1 Touchdown

6 receptions for 41 yards

If you are using him as your #2 RB then you most likely will not be in a position to trade him away from your team. If you happen to draft him deeper in your draft (paid less in your auction) and you have a respectable #2 and bye week filler then it’s time to use his week 1 stats and trade him. It is only a matter of time before the Fragile Freddy lives up to his name and gets hurt. He has only played a full 16 game schedule in two of the past eight seasons. True he may make it the full season but with defenses on the schedule like Pittsburg, Washington, Eagles, Giants, Buffalo, Miami and New England he could get nicked up and be worthless to you.

Edited by cliaz

I would put Rhodes on the Trade Away list. His current value I expect to be his highest. Although, I think, in a best case scenario for Addai, he will get most of the yardage while losing most of the down and goal situations going to Rhodes. If he proved one thing Sunday its that hes a decent short yardage, fly over the dogpile back. Took him two shots with 1st and goal at the 4 yd line, I believe.

i disagree on most of those. addai is intriguing, but still looks to be stuck in committee for the forseeable future, not worth paying a big price to acquire. colston is worth going after on the WW this week. welker ain't gonna be worth chit in a 12 team league, sorry, unless you get points for kick returns.

pennington looked strong, and if his shoulder is strong we all know he can be a pretty savvy QB. if you've got him on your team as a #2 or #3 QB, he's not worth getting rid of for the fairly paltry value he'll bring in return. gonzalez is clearly the chefs' #1 receiving option, again....i wouldn't be in such a hurry to get rid of him. and freddy taylor...

It is only a matter of time before the Fragile Freddy lives up to his name and gets hurt. He has only played a full 16 game schedule in two of the past eight seasons.

and these are the last two seasons, correct? i think freddie is a very solid guy to have right now as a #3 or even a #2 RB.

i disagree on most of those. addai is intriguing, but still looks to be stuck in committee for the forseeable future, not worth paying a big price to acquire. colston is worth going after on the WW this week. welker ain't gonna be worth chit in a 12 team league, sorry, unless you get points for kick returns.

pennington looked strong, and if his shoulder is strong we all know he can be a pretty savvy QB. if you've got him on your team as a #2 or #3 QB, he's not worth getting rid of for the fairly paltry value he'll bring in return. gonzalez is clearly the chefs' #1 receiving option, again....i wouldn't be in such a hurry to get rid of him. and freddy taylor...

and these are the last two seasons, correct? i think freddie is a very solid guy to have right now as a #3 or even a #2 RB.

Well as I said, it's just my opinion but I think that you are putting too much stock in Fred. Granted the past two years he has held on but he is that magic 30 (i believe he is) and I just feel like he will go down here soon.

Taylor missed 5 games last year

The Green situation could potentially be bad for Gonzo, but he is the model of consistency and will be involved in that KC offense for at least the short yardage plays. I'm not selling him right now unless I have a few other guys in a TE required league.

Edited by TDFFFreak

The Green situation could potentially be bad for Gonzo, but he is the model of consistency and will be involved in that KC offense for at least the short yardage plays. I'm not selling him right now unless I have a few other guys in a TE required league.

TG had one touchdown last year and really weighed down my recieving corps with Green throwing the ball.

TG had one touchdown last year and really weighed down my recieving corps with Green throwing the ball.

When a guy does what he's done for so many years and then has one sub-par year, you give him a break. While he's entering the later half of his career, he's still consistent and more of a known commodity then most other TEs. That's what I draft him for and that's where he has value. If he has another sub-par year, it may be time to move him down the TE charts. In non-TE starting leagues, it's a different story.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Actually he had 2 TD's. Ah, here I go again, I told you all that Gonzo would be back this year......keep doubting the homer guy......Gonzo will put up the best stats of his career :D and I'm talking around 100 REC 1200 Yards and 10-12 TD's. He's on pace now for 160 Rec 1296 yards and 16 TD's :D I have him and Winslow Jr. (upside baby)in about every league I am in and I am VERY happy about that. Trade Gonzo and regret it :lol:

Edited by Hat Trick

I want to trade M.Bell.

but who would want him? Now I know why he fell to the late rounds.

-can't drop him(too valuable)

-can't start him (who knows if he'll get more than 10 touches?)

-can't trade him (no one wants his ?-marks)

Edited by rai

I want to trade M.Bell.

but who would want him? Now I know why he fell to the late rounds.

-can't drop him(too valuable)

-can't start him (who knows if he'll get more than 10 touches?)

-can't trade him (no one wants his ?-marks)

I'm hanging on to him for now. I just think as a #3 back/flex player he has some serious upside.

I'm hanging on to him for now. I just think as a #3 back/flex player he has some serious upside.

I agree. Got 16 points from him last week. I will take that from a flex player any time, especially on in that system.

I wouldn't get too excited about Welker. Yeah, he looked good in week 1, but he had a similar game in the opener last season. And he bested that performance only twice the rest of the season. And when you figure that Hagan will be getting into the action as the season goes along, I don't see Welker as a great prospect. He may give you some depth on deeper rosters, but I don't think he will do much.

I wouldn't get too excited about Welker. Yeah, he looked good in week 1, but he had a similar game in the opener last season. And he bested that performance only twice the rest of the season. And when you figure that Hagan will be getting into the action as the season goes along, I don't see Welker as a great prospect. He may give you some depth on deeper rosters, but I don't think he will do much.

In leagues where you get return yard points he is good. But I think he will get an expanded role this season as the year roles on. Nothing above a #3 mind you but he will have some good games. Again this is my opinion.