[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kornheiser Plays Fantasy Football

The Wolf

Lots of talk in here about Theismann and Kornheiser -- well, about the entire MNF crew -- but this was a pretty interesting thing to hear. I don't recall him saying this:

September 15, 2006 -- To: Tony Kornheiser

Re: Monday Night Football

CC: Fantasy Geeks

Dear Tony:

During your first regular-season Monday Night Football broadcast, you openly expressed joy after a long Santana Moss reception, saying his catch helped your fantasy team. Nice!

Traditionalists might knock the line and lean more toward Mike Tirico's response ("So are we going to be doing this all year?'') - but we loved it. Our only complaint: Why not more? You seemed hesitant to bring the funny, choosing to play third fiddle to boothmates Tirico and Joe Theismann.

But ESPN chose you to be a toned-down, sports-knowledgeable version of Dennis Miller. Viewers must have felt a connection when you talked about your fantasy team. That's why so many tune into Pardon the Interruption. You say what we think. The MNF booth already has a professional play-by-player and a former NFL quarterback. Now it needs a regular Joe.

We have a feeling that you're one of us. Bring more joy, more humor and more disgust. And here's hoping this Monday you have Willie Parker in your backfield.

:Dhttp://www.nypost.com/sports/fordes_memo_o...eek_sports_.htm

I couldn't care less who those idiots have on their FF teams. If Theismann said "i have Steve Smith and Ladanian Tomlinson" I go dump those two right in the Free Agency pool. I hate that whole crew, and i DO NOT want to hear about anything other than the current play. I wish they would all bite their toungues off in their sleep.

I couldn't care less who those idiots have on their FF teams. If Theismann said "i have Steve Smith and Ladanian Tomlinson" I go dump those two right in the Free Agency pool. I hate that whole crew, and i DO NOT want to hear about anything other than the current play. I wish they would all bite their toungues off in their sleep.

Broadcasting robots. :D

Anyone remember the game with no announcers at all? They didn't say they weren't any. I watched it and there just wasn't anyone there but the game.