[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to write the guy off?

haywood

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing him suck balls yet this year, but by looking at his stats, I'm not impressed. He was ranked pretty high in the rankings this preseason, but he his production has been non-existent thus far. I understand that Losman blows, but it seems as though Josh Reed is out producing Evans. Is it time to send this guy to the wire and never look back? I don't want to do it, but I'm clueless about the situation in Buffalo and I don't want to waste a roster spot on him if he's gonna lay an egg all year.

JP Losman is in just his second year as the starter, they have a new regime, etc. So, if you can be patient (i.e., you have deep rosters), be patient. That said, don't be afraid to pick up someone else for a few weeks until you see BUF start to pick up their offense a bit.

I'm not worried about Evans' ability to be a #1 WR and put up decent numbers - he's certainly talented enough. I'm very worried about BUF (& Losman in particular) putting up 100 yd passing days more often than not. There's just not enough opportunity for Evans to be a reasonable FF option. Sucks big time - I was counting on him in 2 leagues to be a solid #3 WR.

JP Losman is in just his second year as the starter, they have a new regime, etc. So, if you can be patient (i.e., you have deep rosters), be patient. That said, don't be afraid to pick up someone else for a few weeks until you see BUF start to pick up their offense a bit.

I agree with you here. I think if you can stash him for a while do it. I personal think they will start hitting on all cylinders right around the time they play the Lions, Packers, Texans and Titians. Those are some pretty juice games in the middle of the FF season.

Heck I would be more worried about Randy Moss than Lee Evens.

Edited by hause62

Heck I would be more worried about Randy Moss than Lee Evans.

I unfortunately have both. Evans gets a lot of looks, he would have a caught a long TD pass yesterday if he wasn't interefered with by the defender. I think he'll pick it up next week vs the Jets.

The fact that Josh Reed got 3 more looks, and two more touches, than Lee Evans has to be disheartening to Evans owners.

But on the flip side, I imagine the Bills coaching staff is telling him "just be careful, and don't turn the ball over". So it figures a QB like Losman is going to look for the guy in single-coverage more often, than risk throwing to Evans in double-coverage.

I picked up Reed in my BOTH league....we'll see if he pans out.

I unfortunately have both. Evans gets a lot of looks, he would have a caught a long TD pass yesterday if he wasn't interefered with by the defender. I think he'll pick it up next week vs the Jets.

I have both Moss and Evans too. I also have Horn, Muhammad, and Keyshawn. I need help at receiver and Evans seems the most dispensible at this point. I just don't know if the past two weeks were a fluke or if his lack of production is a sign of things to come. I've never been high on Losman. Is there any talk in Buffalo of him getting benched? I know they won yesterday and I guess that's all that matters. He sure didn't do much to help with that though.

He's a high risk, high reward type player, IMO. The kind of guy who you have to stomach getting 2 rec. for 35 yards for a couple weeks, because on the third week, he'll go off for 8 rec., 150 yards, and 2 TDs.

That's his MO. If you can't live with it, hold onto him until he has that big game and deal him to another team.

I'm not worried about Evans' ability to be a #1 WR and put up decent numbers - he's certainly talented enough. I'm very worried about BUF (& Losman in particular) putting up 100 yd passing days more often than not. There's just not enough opportunity for Evans to be a reasonable FF option. Sucks big time - I was counting on him in 2 leagues to be a solid #3 WR.

I agree with being worried about Losman. Dude had 83 passing yards yesterday against MIA. 83... That does not translate well into solid WR FFL numbers. Nor does the 164 yds Losman had in week 1 for that matter. I'd feel better about holding on to Evans to see what materialized if Losman was throwing 225+ per game but that's not the case.

Edited by Cosmo-J