[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doug Gabriel

Endzone

Pat fans...Any news on Gabriel?

Thought he was probable this week and made the trip with the team.

Did he go in or was he active but did not play or make a catch?

With TO and Jurevious out...I'm getting thin on WRs and we don't have FA pick ups until after week 3.

I saw him on the field yesterday.

I believe he was targeted at least once.

Pat fans...Any news on Gabriel?

Thought he was probable this week and made the trip with the team.

Did he go in or was he active but did not play or make a catch?

With TO and Jurevious out...I'm getting thin on WRs and we don't have FA pick ups until after week 3.

he did play, and brady tried to hit him on a couple occasions -- one notable long ball down the middle that brady underthrew after gabriel beat 2 defenders -- but came up empty. brady said today on his weekly radio call-in that gabriel (and jackson) only had one full practice with the team (friday) so it'll take time, but he wants to get gabriel the ball more. that said, with jackson, watson, brown, caldwell, gabriel, even daniel graham, there are, as always, several guys who could get a few little tastes, but never one big helping week to week. so i wouldn't rely on anything steady from gabriel, but he has great size and showed good speed toasting the jets defenders on the bomb that brady short-handed.

Edited by msaint

I only saw him thrown at once ... a deep pattern where he was double covered, ended up in Brady tossing an INT. Third or maybe fourth quarter.

Edit - I just checked the game log, he was thrown at 3 times - 2 short patterns & the deep route mentioned above.

Edited by ts

The 2 balls that I saw thrown to him were both very poorly thrown - the one deep route that was underthrown (b/c Brady pump-faked and then didn't have the time to get a full arm behind the actual throw) and another short out pattern where the ball was a good 5 feet behind him.

Edited by Balzac