[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver eats - what you say?

georgemoe

The wife and I will be in Denver for five nights next week. We are more into casual dining and our hotel is within walking distance of at least half of this list. She is pretty much American menu and we have enough italian around here in the NE that we won't be seaking that out in Denver. Here's what I have listed for potential bkfst-lunch-dinner spots.

Any places here I should avoid?

Rocky Mountain Diner (walking distance from hotel)

site

Sam's #3 (walking distance)

site

Victory Grill (walking)

site

The Keg Steakhouse

site

Wazee Supper Club

site

Rock Bottom (walking)

site

Dixon's

site

Buckhorn Exchange (definate cab ride)

site

Wynkoop Brewery Restaurant

site

Thanks!

RockBottom is a chain. It's fine, but you could go there at home (not that I am sure where the closest one to Leominster is)

i think the one on 16th is the original. but yeah, it looks like there are a couple in mass, and i've never been all that impressed anyhow.

those all look pretty decent. good, safe bets. the wazee makes some of the best pizza in town, sam's #3, dixon's and the wynkoop are very solid, buckhorn exchange is a cool place (you might look into taking the light rail instead of a cab if you wanna save a few bucks). lots of more ethnic places i could recommend downtown...indian, cuban, etc. the best mexican places i can think of unfortunately aren't within walking distance. if i think of some other recommendations i'll post them.

i think the one on 16th is the original. but yeah, it looks like there are a couple in mass, and i've never been all that impressed anyhow.

those all look pretty decent. good, safe bets. the wazee makes some of the best pizza in town, sam's #3, dixon's and the wynkoop are very solid, buckhorn exchange is a cool place (you might look into taking the light rail instead of a cab if you wanna save a few bucks). lots of more ethnic places i could recommend downtown...indian, cuban, etc. the best mexican places i can think of unfortunately aren't within walking distance. if i think of some other recommendations i'll post them.

Thanks Az. 16th street is the one I'm thinking of. I'd be all over the ethnic places but the wife has a pretty narrow palette so I need to keep it safe. Thanks for the tip on the light rail. I need to get grounded on that service.

Wednesday night I'll definately be hitting the Falling Rock Tap House after I check into the hotel.

me like falling rock..... get a duschess du burgungnone.

rioja is very good, croc's, gumbeaux's, panzano's, samba room, the keg, rialto, vesta.

From Bier's list I would definitely go with Rioja, Gumbo's, Panzano's, Vesta Dipping Grill... Sam's #3 is a great breakfast... get the Cheddar omlete with Chorizo!!

I am not huge fan of The Keg, just MHO... Croc's is OK but a short ride to Mezcal on Colfax would be better for Mexican.

Az and Caveman are right Rock Bottom is a chain and marginal at best... they do make a pretty good Asiago Cheese dip, but that is about it!

Thanks for all the replies and further suggestions. Now I have some things to go on. If anything, Rock Bottom will probably be appetizers and that is about it.

She has both the Buckhorn Exhange and Victory Grill at the top of her list for dinner. Looks like this could end up being Sunday night.

Thanks for all the replies and further suggestions. Now I have some things to go on. If anything, Rock Bottom will probably be appetizers and that is about it.

She has both the Buckhorn Exhange and Victory Grill at the top of her list for dinner. Looks like this could end up being Sunday night.

The Buckhorn is pretty cool if you like the West and lots of animal mounts... which I don't mind at all! Food is good and they are proud of thier liqour lic. number... it's 1. So that tells you how long they have been around.

The Buckhorn is pretty cool if you like the West and lots of animal mounts... which I don't mind at all! Food is good and they are proud of thier liqour lic. number... it's 1. So that tells you how long they have been around.

I knew when I found it that it would be the place the wife would want to go the most. While I'm not a hunter, I think animal mounts are cool and I'm interested in seeing the gun collection.

I have a question sundaynfl I'm guessing you can answer easily. I'll be located on 17th at the east end of downtown. to get to the Buckhorn via light rail, I should take the D (green) located by the east end of the mall. I know there are buses on Stroud and California but I'm guessing I don't need to head in that direction. Getting off for Buckhorn should be 10th so I'm ok there. It's just the Orange/Green thing that has me confused a little. Since I'm located in the eastside of downtown, I'm guessing I just stay with greenline D unless I'm heading from say 10th and want to go to Union Station. Thanks!

I knew when I found it that it would be the place the wife would want to go the most. While I'm not a hunter, I think animal mounts are cool and I'm interested in seeing the gun collection.

I have a question sundaynfl I'm guessing you can answer easily. I'll be located on 17th at the east end of downtown. to get to the Buckhorn via light rail, I should take the D (green) located by the east end of the mall. I know there are buses on Stroud and California but I'm guessing I don't need to head in that direction. Getting off for Buckhorn should be 10th so I'm ok there. It's just the Orange/Green thing that has me confused a little. Since I'm located in the eastside of downtown, I'm guessing I just stay with greenline D unless I'm heading from say 10th and want to go to Union Station. Thanks!

you'll want to hop on the free 16th st mall shuttle (or just hoof it 5 or 6 short blocks) down to 16th and stout and hop on the D. there's a stop a couple hundred feet from the front door of the buckhorn, 10th and osage.

Edited by Azazello1313

you'll want to hop on the free 16th mall shuttle (or just hoof it 5 or 6 short blocks) down to 16th and stout and hop on the D. there's a stop a couple hundred feet from the front door of the buckhorn, 10th and osage.

Answered better than I could... I am usually drunk and don't remember how I drive there! :D

you'll want to hop on the free 16th st mall shuttle (or just hoof it 5 or 6 short blocks) down to 16th and stout and hop on the D. there's a stop a couple hundred feet from the front door of the buckhorn, 10th and osage.

Thanks Az.

Answered better than I could... I am usually drunk and don't remember how I drive there! :D

:D