[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bronco's Fantasy Advice

broncosn05

I only ask for a little bit of insight into scoring, requirments, and matchups would be nice. I'll offer some insight to my decision to who you should start. :D

Edit- Will try to keep giving the effort I have been giving to these questions thus far for as long as possible, but would appreciate it if you could get them in by Saturday night :D

Edited by broncosn05

What's up broncos. I've been here shortly but enough to have read some of your posts and your opinion is greatly appreciated.

I'm playing a PPR and Performance League (similar to the huddle perfect scoring system).

Starting roster requirements:

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DT and 1 FLEX (QB, RB,WR,TE).

My current roster:

Carr & Favre

LT2, A. Green, C. Taylor

Holt, Mason, Evans, Williamson, Wilford

Heap, Watson

Longwell, Gostkowski

Falcons, Vikings

I'm being offered Ronnie Brown & Reggie Wayne for Tomlinson & Lee Evans. I'm seriously considering the trade because of their schedule and because LT2 will probably be rested come playoff time if they have a big lead in the AFC West, which is more likely than not to happen.

The other team has:

Warner, Alex Smith

Ronnie Brown, Gore, Thomas Jones

Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Chris Chambers, Eric Moulds, Furrey

LJ Smith, Wilcox

Feely, Gould

Bears, Jets

Thanks for your help!

I'm trying to get another sign up to the Huddle but nobody will answer my previous post. Doing this for

a rookie FFer who's in trouble. Not a week 3 question but a "whole season" question. Who would you ride as your starting QB for the rest of the season, Alex Smith or David Carr? I know it's bad but I'm at a loss at helping this dude. Told him he can get some great advice here so I'll post his question for him. Can you

help a troubled rookie out? Thanks! Standard performance league with PPR. QBs get 4 to others' 6 for TDs

What's up broncos.

I do it.

Lee has been terrible thus far in what I though would be a pretty good year. He also loses a lot of value in a PPR since he's totaled just 48 rec. both years in the league. A lot of people played up the Suggs owner, but I’m not one of them Ronnie has been pretty good and while not being LT2 the upgrade that you’re getting with Reggie is too much to pass on. It strengthens you receiving core to three very good starters. I wouldn’t give up on Mason yet he had some injury that left him questionable for the opener I like him to have a very nice day this week. As for your RBs, Brown has been very solid this year, though I’m not overlooking that 3.0 yard avg. He’s surprisingly a buy low I see this offense continuing to form over the year and Brown should be flirting in the Top 5 of RBs come years end. On a side note I think if Wilford doesn’t produce much this week drop him. He still could be good because of his size, but it seems Reggie Williams is winning the red zone throws.

Thanks BTW.

Bulger @ARI

Favre @DET

Bulger's been not so good and he's had a history of avg performances at ARI. DET gave up everything at Chicago but stuff Hass at home Week 1.

I'm starting Frank Gore and need to choose:

T Jones @MIN

M Bell @ NE

MIN is soft in the middle so I'm leaning towards Jones

Last one is for my WR3. I'm starting Harrison vs JAC and Boldin vs ARI, need to choose between

Colston vs ATL

Jennings @DET

Moulds vs WAS

I like Colston alot but ATL def is tough. Jennings and Moulds both seem the same to me. DET and WAS defenses are about the same. I do like WAS with Springs out.

Wayne vs. Jacksonville

Chambers vs. Titans

Bryant vs. Eagles

Non-ppr league, need to sit one.

Wayne out playing against a much tougher D than the rest, but I can't see myself benching him. Chambers was targeted a good amount last week, but Booker is back and he CPep seemed to like targeting him more in the 1st week. So that leaves Bryant the surprise that you might've benched. Well don’t this week, Smith is doing much better than the other second year QB that was suppose to be much improved, Chris Simms. Gotta start Bryant here until he gives you a reason not to.

Standard performance league with PPR.

This one is a tight one. You’ve got Carr with 124 passer rating and with 4 TDs to Smith’s 2. But Houston D is just too bad for him to keep this up. I’m going to go out on a limb and say Smith. His stock went up huge in the off-season with the additions on and off the field and with the way Gore has been playing this offense is doing Smith should get even better and is getting more attempts. But I’ll give credit where it’s due Carr is doing very well on a terrible team. I’d try to hold them both for a bit longer than the 2nd week but I’d take Smith.

Frank Gore

I’ve also been hit hard by Bulger. I’m surprised to see the lack of love that thehuddle is giving Favre this week against Detroit. I’m waiting to start Bulger for a while, as Favre should have a good day continuing to throw the ball more and more to Greg Jennings. My favorite stat that puts Favre over Bulger is that Detroit has allowed 4 TDs with 0 INTs while Arizona has allowed just 2 TDs and has 2 INTS putting Detroit the easy play while they are both near the bottom of passing defenses.

NE is only allowing 76 rush yards and has only given up 1 TD while MIN is allowing 105 and 2 TDs. Now I’ll admit it’s deceiving since NE has played CLE and NYJ, but MIN’s schedule hasn’t been much harder with WAS and CAR. Also as a DEN homer I still see Tatum the bigger share of carries and being the better fantasy provider while Thomas Jones seems to be the winner in CHI. I like Jones by a pretty good margin this week.

I’ll take a shot here and say Jennings. I think last week was just the beginning and as I noted above I expect Favre to have a big game this week with Jennings. I like Colston a lot because we’ve seen what can happen when someone earns Brees’ trust, but the ATL D hasn’t allowed a TD yet and I don’t expect them to this week either. I can’t say I like Moulds too much. Even with Springs likely out I think that will benefit Andre Johnson more than Moulds.

BTW how bout that Gore fella :D

Wayne out playing against a much tougher D than the rest, but I can't see myself benching him. Chambers was targeted a good amount last week, but Booker is back and he CPep seemed to like targeting him more in the 1st week. So that leaves Bryant the surprise that you might've benched. Well don’t this week, Smith is doing much better than the other second year QB that was suppose to be much improved, Chris Simms. Gotta start Bryant here until he gives you a reason not to.

Sorry Bronco, but I'd sit Wayne against the Jags.

Can't see sitting Chambers against the Titans. Chambers and Wayne are essentailly the same WR in terms of potential production...and if you are worried about Booker affecting Chambers, than you should also be worried about Harrison affecting Wayne. It's a wash, at best.

That being said, you gotta go with the player who has the better match-up on paper. Gotta be Chambers.

But I do agree with you about Bryant....they should be playing catch-up most of the afternoon, and he will likely put together a great stat-line.

That being said, you gotta go with the player who has the better match-up on paper. Gotta be Chambers.

Everything except for the matchup is going for Wayne. I'm taking the stud in this occasion and Booker may not scare you but I see him definetely stealing production again from Chambers and if CPep looks down the middle more often to McMichael, one of the most talented TEs in the league, then Chambers could be in for a rough week even with a great matchup.

Everything except for the matchup is going for Wayne. I'm taking the stud in this occasion and Booker may not scare you but I see him definetely stealing production again from Chambers and if CPep looks down the middle more often to McMichael, one of the most talented TEs in the league, then Chambers could be in for a rough week even with a great matchup.

Yep. Chambers is about as inconsistent a fantasy player as there is, and with CPep sucking balls, there is no way I'd start Chambers over Wayne. Wayne, even with the tough matchup, is the better option imo.

Thanks

I wouldn't start Coles this week the injury is definitely a good reason, but another is the defense that BUF is putting up against the pass. There's no way Galloway can repeat last week, but last year he did the same thing and it pretty much carried on throughout the season making him a huge pick for owners. I don't see it happening this year yet. I have to go by the injury report and say Caddy will be doing much more than he has in previous weeks and Gruden will go back to what has worked in the past. I keep thinking that Mason is going to explode especially last week against OAK, but he really hasn't done much. Well I'm going to keep on the Mason-McNair train and say you should start him now completely injury free, which he hasn't been all season. I still think Mason is the stud of the group and I'd start him against the 6th worst passing D in the league in CLE.

Edited by broncosn05

Do I have it right?

There’s no way I’d start Delhomme over Leftwich. TB is the 4th best D in the league against the pass (allowing just 122 a game) and even if Smith suits up I don’t see him doing much. Lefty is loving that defense and how he doesn’t have to do much, but he himself is doing pretty good and with the size of receivers he’s got the red zone will come in the form of Reggie Williams or Ernest Wilford. Think about this IND has allowed 5 TDs while TB only 2. where I’d wait until Delhomme performs than bench him for a consistent QB with a much better matchup.

Brady or Leftwich this week?

performance league 1pt/25yds passing and bonuses for length of TDs starting at 5pts to 11pts for an 80yds or more.

Brady doesn't have to throw the ball as much this year with that running game and missing branch. The Broncos have a good D but have been ran on. Plummer has looked awful this year so far and I can see them putting up #'s on NE. Maybe be not need to pass that much this week.

Do we still consider Brady a Stud????

leftwich look like a good matchup but he hasn't put up good numbers over the last 2 years against the Colts (low scoring games).

My feeling is that if Matt Jones plays that gives leftwich 3 WRs over 6'2 with speed to really stretch the D and a better offensive line this year. Is this the year that leftwich can put up good #'s against the Colts?

Brady or Leftwich this week?

Stud????

Definitely start Leftwich, the Denver D is the only reason we are 1-1. They’ve been lights out and should continue to be this week. Leftwich is the upgrade both statistically and match up wise. Wait until Brady starts being Brady and has a better match up until starting him. He’s not a stud, but he is still pretty good. A notch below Lefty until he starts connecting a bit more with his receivers whether it’s Caldwell, Jackson, or Gabriel.

See my above post for some more points for Leftwich.

Edited by broncosn05

Here's another one. Just posted this but want your take on it:

My Team

QB – Bulger, Favre

RB – Gore, Mike Bell, Thomas Jones, Lundy

WR – Harrison, Boldin, Moulds, Colston, Jennings

TE – Watson

K – Feely

DEF – Steelers, Chargers

His Team

QB – Hasselbeck, Pennington

RB – Rudi, Foster, McAllister, Tatum Bell

WR – Fitzgerald, TO, Muhammad, Williamson, Chris Henry

TE – Desmond Clark

K – Longwell

DEF – Falcons

Not sure why but he's asked me if I'm interested in Tatum Bell for the Chargers D. Not sure why you'd trade a RB for a defense. I picked up Chargers to use in week 4 which is Pittsburgh's bye week. If I take this trade I'd have to drop Lundy which probably isnt' a bad thing right now. The downside is we can only have 4 RBs on our roster, so with T Jones and Gore both on bye week 7 I would be starting both Bells.

If I took this trade then I'd have to pick up another defense for next week. Options are PHI vs GB, CLE @OAK, MIN @BUF, or SF @KC

I think I shoud dump Lundy and get Bell and just pick up another Def for next week.

Broncos:

I need to decide whether I want to start Mike Bell at Flex versus the Pats or Deangelo Williams against the Bucs. Scoring is 1/10 yds., 0.5 ppr, and 6 td. While the Pats D hasn't been tested much, I feel like the Bronco O will struggle again this week. Meanwhile, DW looked great last week and is playing against a team that Dunn and Jamal ran well against... The only drawback is how limited his carries will be.

I'm leaning towards DW... What do you think?

Thanks.

Edited by theboxcutter

Here's another one. Just posted this but want your take on it:

Yes do it. Seems still to be pretty even in the battle between Tatum and Mike, because of that fumble that Tatum had in the first week. Otherwise Tatum has been very good. The sleeper alert for both of these guys is that when Plummer starts playing better their production could double. The PIT D is more than enough to put you through the season and for your bye week filler I’d take PHI they are a very strong D and should be on a team already in your league. I just can't see why he would offer this with the ATL D already on his roster. Take advantage and accept.