[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Injury players updates

theeohiostate

Steve Smith

Steve Cohen reported on WFAN that the Panthers will work out Smith at 11 am and see where he is at. Cohen said he expects Smith to be some sort of a decoy if he plays because he never really opened it up during the week of practice. He is being stretched on the field and looks to play

L.Coles

FoxSports.com reports WR Laveranues Coles (questionable, calf) is likely to miss "most of the game" Sunday.

Coles will try to start, but John Czarnecki apparently doesn't think he'll finish. Even if he's active, Coles isn't an automatic start in fantasy leagues now if you have other good options.

Source: FoxSports.com

KFFL Jets | Coles to start Week 3

Sun, 24 Sep 2006 06:29:35 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets WR Laveranues Coles (calf) will start Week 3.

Ahman Green

Scout.com reports Ahman Green, questionable with a sore hamstring, will play Sunday against the Lions.

The Packers are reportedly "relatively confident" Green will play as well. He's not a great start against an above-average Detroit front seven, but if you're desperate to start him, he looks somewhat safe to play. The pre-game inactives should be up shortly.

Westbrook

RB Westbrook Expected To Play

Marc Narducci, Philadelphia Inquirer - [Full Article]

Eagles RB Brian Westbrook ran easily with the ball, caught passes out of the backfield, and alleviated countless fears about his availability for Sunday's game against the 49ers. He didn't appear to be holding back while carrying the ball or running pass routes. And even though the Eagles list him as questionable for the game, Westbrook expects to be on the field. "I feel very confident I will be able to go out there and contribute and help this team win a football game," he said after the workout. One reason Westbrook still is listed as questionable is that neither he nor the Eagles know how the knee will respond to the cross-country flight.

Nothing new i can find of Heap, M.Jones or Droughns

TE Shockey, WR Burress, Expected To Play

Ralph Vacchiano, New York Daily News - [Full Article]

TE Jeremy Shockey (ankle) will play, but there's the question as to whether he'll last the entire game. WR Tim Carter (ankle) is expected to play, as is WR Plaxico Burress, who's back flared up late in the week. "We practiced with the noise all week trying to get adjusted to it, but you can never really simulate that. We've just got to be disciplined and stay focused and not continue to hurt ourselves by jumping offside," Burress said.

Edited by theeohiostate

Matt Jones

Rotoworld

ESPN's John Clayton reports Matt Jones (questionable, groin) will be a game-time decision in Week 3.

This isn't a surprise, but if he doesn't play, Reggie Williams and Ernest Wilford are both solid fantasy starts against a banged-up Colts defense. The Jags will test Jones' groin during pre-game warmups before making a decision on whether he'll suit up.

Edited by theeohiostate

Steve Smith

Mort says it will be a surprise if Smith plays today, and if he does, don't expect much.

Once again, i have to disagree with the expert here. If Smith plays, he plays! I don't own Smith, but would start him if Carolina does, i think Mort said to bench Westbrook last week due to the same thing. :D

Edited by theeohiostate

B.Stokley

Per CBSportsline:

News: According to IndianapolisColts.com, head coach Tony Dungy said the Colts will be without the services of many key players Sunday vs. Jacksonville including WR Brandon Stokley and DB Bob Sanders. Tight end Ben Hartsock, defensive tackle Corey Simon and defensive end Josh Thomas were also downgraded from questionable to out for Week 3.

Good week for Dallas Clark? :D

TJ Housh

Per CBS Sportsline:

Expect Housh to give it a go on Sunday. Chris Henry will reportedly get the start, but Houshmandzadeh will likely get into the action early, giving QB Carson Palmer another target downfield. Use him as a No. 3 receiver in deeper formats, but we recommend reserving him if you have a healthier alternative you trust because it will be his first game action of the regular season and it will come against a stingy Steelers defense

WR Houshmandzadeh Will Play Sunday

Geoff Hobson, Bengals.com

Cincinnati Bengals WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (heel) has been upgraded to probable after practicing Friday. HC Marvin Lewis said he's already made the decision, look for Houshmandzadeh to make his 2006 debut Sunday in Pittsburgh.

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

T.J. Houshmandzadeh is active for the Bengals as expected, but won't start.

Chris Henry will start at receiver. Inactives for Cincy: WR Reggie McNeal, S Dexter Jackson, LB A.J. Nicholson, C Rich Braham, WRs Antonio Chatman and Tab Perry and DE Frostee Rucker.

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

Steve Smith

Mort says it will be a surprise if Smith plays today, and if he does, don't expect much.

Once again, i have to disagree with the expert here. If Smith plays, he plays! I don't own Smith, but would start him if Carolina does, i think Mort said to bench Westbrook last week due to the same thing. :D

KATHERINE SMITH The Tampa Tribune

Tampa Bay Buccaneers starting cornerback Brian Kelly is expected to miss this week's game against the Carolina Panthers with a toe injury. That leaves nickel corner Juran Bolden with the unenviable task of matching up with Pro Bowl wide receiver Steve Smith, who will be making his season debut for the Panthers after missing the first two games with a lingering hamstring injury.

Edited by theeohiostate

Ahman Green

Scout.com reports Ahman Green, questionable with a sore hamstring, will play Sunday against the Lions.

The Packers are reportedly "relatively confident" Green will play as well. He's not a great start against an above-average Detroit front seven, but if you're desperate to start him, he looks somewhat safe to play. The pre-game inactives should be up shortly.

Rotoworld

Ahman Green (hamstring) is active for the Packers.

No official word if he's starting, but we're almost certain he is. Green has a great matchup, but the injury makes him a lackluster RB2. He's still a decent flex play, but Vernand Morency and Noah Herron may get more work.

Matt Jones

Rotoworld

ESPN's John Clayton reports Matt Jones (questionable, groin) will be a game-time decision in Week 3.

This isn't a surprise, but if he doesn't play, Reggie Williams and Ernest Wilford are both solid fantasy starts against a banged-up Colts defense. The Jags will test Jones' groin during pre-game warmups before making a decision on whether he'll suit up.

The Jaguars local pregame show stated Matt Jones will play. No confirmation of starting, just a simple, he will play.

Edited by theeohiostate

Steve Smith

KATHERINE SMITH The Tampa Tribune

Tampa Bay Buccaneers starting cornerback Brian Kelly is expected to miss this week's game against the Carolina Panthers with a toe injury. That leaves nickel corner Juran Bolden with the unenviable task of matching up with Pro Bowl wide receiver Steve Smith, who will be making his season debut for the Panthers after missing the first two games with a lingering hamstring injury.

Steve Smith

CBS Sportsline

News:Panthers WR Steve Smith will play at Tampa Bay in Week 3, according to a team source. No word was given if Smith will start. He was listed as questionable for the game with a hamstring strain that kept him out of the first two games this season."

Edited by theeohiostate

This may save you some time typing:

Injury Report

True.........but isn't that only for paying members? I pay, but not everyone of the board does, and this info is from other sources. Plus, i'm just copying and pasting, so no typing is involved. :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Chris Brown

CBS SportsLine.com reports that Titans RB Chris Brown (toe)

will start in Week 3 at Miami, according to a network source

in Miami. Brown was listed as questionable for the game.

Rotoworld

Travis Henry will start at running back for the Titans on in Week 3.

Chris Brown is inactive after being limited in practice with a turf toe injury. Henry isn't a great fantasy play, as he goes against a loaded Dolphins front seven and will probably split the load with LenDale White

FoxSports.com reports WR Laveranues Coles (questionable, calf) is likely to miss "most of the game" Sunday.

Coles will try to start, but John Czarnecki apparently doesn't think he'll finish. Even if he's active, Coles isn't an automatic start in fantasy leagues now if you have other good options.

Source: FoxSports.com

KFFL Jets | Coles to start Week 3

Sun, 24 Sep 2006 06:29:35 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets WR Laveranues Coles (calf) will start Week 3.

Coles

Mort just said on NFLCountdown the Jets coaches don't expect much out of Coles today but he will start. Also factor in the windy conditions and Pennington's lack of arm strength.

Edited by theeohiostate