[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oakland Defense

brentw

Yes. True they haven't exactly faced the Colts, but how many times must they shut down a team's passing game to prove it? Even if the running game is working, a team will pass if they can, and some of those teams they shut down have had success passing elsewhere.

...Even if the running game is working, a team will pass if they can, and some of those teams they shut down have had success passing elsewhere.

:D

I cannot imagine a more WRONG statement! Find me ANY High School, College or PRO coach that agrees with this philosophy and I will show you someone in the unemployment line!

Football 101

You can run the ball on your opponent. :bash:

More bad things can happen when you pass as opposed to run. :doh:

Your opponent cannot move the ball against you. :clap:

You run the ball, score, shorten the game, go home with a “W”. :tup: (See San Diego v Oakland, Sept. 11, 2006 … and before you start, Rivers threw the ball effectively when he HAD to 8/11, 108, 1TD, 0 INT).

If your opponent does not throw much, your pass D will look better than it is. :huh:

The Raiders are a miserable team right now. Sorry! :D

I cannot imagine a more WRONG statement! Find me ANY High School, College or PRO coach that agrees with this philosophy and I will show you someone in the unemployment line!

For starters, HS does not = college and college does not = pro. The passing game is much more a part of the game in the pros. If you don't think NFL teams try to establish the pass as well as the run, you're deluding yourself. They only abandon it (or use it very lightly) in extreme situations, ie a really good running game and a really weak passing game (or in the case of SD a young QB who they can afford to gradually bring along, given LT, the D, etc).

The Raiders are a miserable team right now. Sorry!
Overall, yeah. duh. The secondary is doing a very good job though, even tho as I already said they haven't exactly faced the best of the best.

I've read where their secondary is reallllyyyy shaky right now.

Extremely young group of DB's who are not on the same page at all & ad the fact that the defensive scheme has been changed up from last year = mess.

McBoog was absolutely correct in his analysis. Nobody bothers to throw on the Raiders, because they don't need to.

If by some astronomical miracle, the Raiders actually got out to a lead against someone, I think we'd see just how bad their pass D is.

But the chances of that happening, are Slim & None....& Slim just left town.

I think it's true, QBs don't rack up passing yardage because they don't have to against the Raiders D, it's to easy to run. That doesn't make them any good. They have given up at least one TD pass a game until last week.

Week 1, Rivers had 1 td pass in his debut, week 2, Mcnair had one. Week 3 bye, then week 4 Charlie Frye threw for 3 tds. Week 5, Alex Smith also threw for 3 tds.

The only stiff that hasn't been able to throw for a td against them was Jake Plummer. :D

For starters, HS does not = college and college does not = pro. The passing game is much more a part of the game in the pros. If you don't think NFL teams try to establish the pass as well as the run, you're deluding yourself. They only abandon it (or use it very lightly) in extreme situations, ie a really good running game and a really weak passing game (or in the case of SD a young QB who they can afford to gradually bring along, given LT, the D, etc)...

Let me give you two to see if it wakes you up!

:D:D

Football is Football and the principal strategies remain constant throughout the different levels. Skill, speed and complexity is the main difference from one level to the next.

I can stop you, you can't stop me = Run, shorten game, win.

Passing the ball lengthens the game and allows for disasterous results like what we saw last night in AZ. Too many things can happen when you throw the ball and give your opponent extra time.

You give up 3 TDs to the Browns and the 49ers in back to back weeks, your pass D sucks too. Just face it.

It sounds more like you are a Faider fan trying to tie some sence of self worth to a pitiful organization. The Pride and Poise days are gone my friend and the Ice Cream Man has had the game completely pass him by. I for one think it is sad. It used to be fun to hate the Raiders, now they don't even rate worrying about. :bash: