[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A 3 in 1 Thread.....

Pope Flick

Ben Rothlisberger was brought back too early, and had his brain knocked back onto the hood of the car in yesterday's game. My buddies started calling him LindrosBerger which in a way is funny sad. Will he ever be "Big Ben" (you know what I mean) again?

Daunte Culpepper was brought back to early and now does not have any confidence. Joey Freaking Harrington, in a loss, outperformed Cpep driving the same car. Good luck in camp, Daunte.

Carson Palmer looks to have been brought back too early as well, and while not playing like a shell of his former self (like these first 2 are flirting with) he clearly is NOT where he was last year with his overthrows, etc. It doesn't help that Chad Johnson still hasn't recovered from that consussion a few weeks ago either, but that's a bit more open to debate (I still think he's Batman, but Marv got him to drop the list so there a silver lining).

OK - 3 for one: these 3 QBs rushed back to work and 2 of 3 have regressed, with Palmer not really "with it."

Thoughts, comments, criticisms?

Edited by Pope Flick

Ben Rothlisberger was brought back too early, and had his brain knocked back onto the hood of the car in yesterday's game. My buddies started calling him LindrosBerger which in a way is funny sad. Will he ever be "Big Ben" (you know what I mean) again?

Daunte Culpepper was brought back to early and now does not have any confidence. Joey Freaking Harrington, in a loss, outperformed Cpep driving the same car. Good luck in camp, Daunte.

Carson Palmer looks to have been brought back too early as well, and while not playing like a shell of his former self (like these first 2 are flirting with) he clearly is NOT where he was last year with his overthrows, etc. It doesn't help that Chad Johnson still hasn't recovered from that consussion a few weeks ago either, but that's a bit more open to debate (I still think he's Batman, but Marv got him to drop the list so there a silver lining).

OK - 3 for one: these 3 QBs rushed back to work and 2 of 3 have regressed, with Palmer not really "with it."

Thoughts, comments, criticisms?

While I agree that Roethlisberger may have come back to early, as his first two performances were simply awful, his last two games (KC & 1st half yesterday) he was playing phenomenally. He took a shot to the head and hopefully it won't hold him back too much, as he was definitely back on track.

Palmer - how can you say he's back too soon. The knee is holding up fine, and he's takin' all the hits he's getting. Are you suggesting he should be on the bench?

Palmer is not back to what he was last year, no doubt. I think there's that lingering doubt/fear in his mind that still affects him. I also think the line play has him looking at big DEs more than last year, which also makes the offense struggle. Another part I think not mentioned is teams had a whole year to gameplan better against the Bengals, and they've had some success so far. I also think Palmer and the Bengals will overcome all of these obstacles, and I think by the end of hte year, Palmer will easily considered in the top echelon of QBs again.

Palmer - how can you say he's back too soon. The knee is holding up fine, and he's takin' all the hits he's getting. Are you suggesting he should be on the bench?

Palmer is not back to what he was last year, no doubt. I think there's that lingering doubt/fear in his mind that still affects him. I also think the line play has him looking at big DEs more than last year, which also makes the offense struggle. Another part I think not mentioned is teams had a whole year to gameplan better against the Bengals, and they've had some success so far. I also think Palmer and the Bengals will overcome all of these obstacles, and I think by the end of hte year, Palmer will easily considered in the top echelon of QBs again.

He shouldn't be on the bench now, but maybe a few weeks at the beginning of the season. He's got the happy feet, and even when he has time his throws are sailing a lot of the times. I don't pretend to have seen every snap, but I've seen a large part of a lot of their games and he is cleraly struggling with his confidence. I also placed him a little further from the disasters that other two are, but h'es got some issues to work out and I think they're mental but could be wrong.

As someone who hopped on the RudiJ bandwagon (5th in my locla) I'd like to see him work it out, and hopefully he doesn't get hurt in the meantime.