[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Firefox 2.0

Ursa Majoris

Anybody having trouble with Firefox 2.0? I am having four or five total disappearances a day for no apparent reason. I can attest that the session restore function works extremely well, but it's irritating to have the thing vanish at random times.

Anybody having trouble with Firefox 2.0? I am having four or five total disappearances a day for no apparent reason. I can attest that the session restore function works extremely well, but it's irritating to have the thing vanish at random times.

I've had it lock on me 3-5 times since I installed it. Not sure what you mean by disappearances.

I've had it lock on me 3-5 times since I installed it. Not sure what you mean by disappearances.

Please add this to your post about how great Firefox is in the other thread so discerning consumers can make a non-biased decision. Thanks in advance.

:D

Disappearance = it suddenly and completely vanishes off the taskbar. When I restart it, it shows up exactly as it was when it vanished, preceded by a dialog saying that it had unexpectedly stopped.

Please add this to your post about how great Firefox is in the other thread so discerning consumers can make a non-biased decision. Thanks in advance.

:D

I did! :D

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&s...dpost&p=1768072

Disappearance = it suddenly and completely vanishes off the taskbar. When I restart it, it shows up exactly as it was when it vanished, preceded by a dialog saying that it had unexpectedly stopped.

OK. I haven't had that problem, but Comcrash is still giving me fits! :D 4 weeks now and another tech coming tomorrow! :D

yup i have had a couple... it is beta i think so should be some fixes coming soon.

they need to loose the spell checker... uber fabulous

Too many red lines, huh yuke??? :D

• 3 months later...

I down loaded this last night and it worked great until a couple hours ago. Now it's running slower than dial up. I don't know what is happening. It's so slow that I will be able to sit here for 15 seconds and watch it finish printing out what I typed. It just froze for about 3 minutes after I typed the last sentence. Anyone else have trouble or know what to do about it (right, clever comments entered here with your wit).

I down loaded this last night and it worked great until a couple hours ago. Now it's running slower than dial up. I don't know what is happening. It's so slow that I will be able to sit here for 15 seconds and watch it finish printing out what I typed. It just froze for about 3 minutes after I typed the last sentence. Anyone else have trouble or know what to do about it (right, clever comments entered here with your wit).

First, are you on version 2.0.0.2? You can check under Help / About Mozilla Firefox.

First, are you on version 2.0.0.2? You can check under Help / About Mozilla Firefox.

They have pushed out an update in the last few days. All my computers have been installing it automatically.

Thanks guys. Ironic...It was an update. I have never had anything like that. Shortly after I posted the above I got a message saying that an updae was just done and now it is fine. :D

Another thing that I've noticed FF is prone to doing is slow memory "leak" the longer you use it. I sometimes will have the same FF browser open for several days as a web developer and I've seen my total memory usage go above 5-600MB. Shutting down FF and restarting it will release that memory.

Also, sometimes FF will become locked up in the background and won't fully close even though there aren't any browser windows open. Check task manager and kill any old FF tasks if you don't beleive any should be running. This can help speed issues as well.

Another thing that I've noticed FF is prone to doing is slow memory "leak" the longer you use it. I sometimes will have the same FF browser open for several days as a web developer and I've seen my total memory usage go above 5-600MB. Shutting down FF and restarting it will release that memory.

Also, sometimes FF will become locked up in the background and won't fully close even though there aren't any browser windows open. Check task manager and kill any old FF tasks if you don't beleive any should be running. This can help speed issues as well.

Something I used to have trouble with the old version was sometimes when I would shut it down and turn it on later I would get a message saying that it was already running and I would have to restart my computer :D have not had that one with 2.0 yet.