[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm at a loss - WDIS at QB?

kerwin8

I've been pulling my hair out over this one all week, and I'm not any closer to a decision than I was on Monday. I am hoping that it will help to hear some other opinions. Here are the options I have, along with my thoughts on each:

Rex Grossman at NYG: He's capable of putting up good or bad stats any given week. Strahan is out, so the Giants' pass rush won't be quite as intimidating. That said, I'm leaning away from Grossman because he's already single-handedly cost me two wins this year

Matt Leinart vs. Dallas: He's sucked pretty bad two weeks in a row now, but he's 2 for 2 on good starts at home. Fitzgerald is coming back and with their bye, the Cards had two weeks to prepare for this one. I'm tempted to start Leinart, but starting a rookie QB isn't an easy choice...

Steve McNair at Tennessee: The Ravens' offense has been playing much better since Fassell was fired during their bye week. McNair will, undoubtedly, want to perform well against his old team. All that, plus the Titans aren't exactly ferocious on defense. However, I'm worried that Baltimore is going to be fine running the ball all day. Also, McNair's favorite target, Todd Heap, is listed as Questionable on the injury report.

If you've got some time, please help me make a decision! Some reasoning behind your choice would be nice, but I won't think any less of you if you only post a name :D .

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

-Kyle

1 - No to Leinart. Dallas will be looking to inflict some pain, and Matt will be the receipient.

2 - Do you need "for sure" pts from your QB or a home run?

McNair will deliver good stats for sure - 220, 2 TDs - but they will be up so early, that even Anderson may get 100 yds rushing. But he is the safer pick. He may even get a rushing TD.

Grossman, to your own point, has great upside and downside. I think this will be an upside week. This has the makings of a shoot out.

If you need a ton of pts from your QB, then Grossman has the best chance. If you need a solid 15 - 18 pts, McNair is your man.

LOL... so I have a McNair, a Grossman, and a McNair/Grossman :D . Thanks for the replies so far, guys. I'm not necessarily looking for a home run from my QB, just enough to keep me in the game. I've got a better team than the guy I'm playing, but his guys have pretty amazing match ups across the board, and mine definitely don't.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

Ok I would definitely Start McNair. Grossman snuck up on everyone this year and now defenses are paying more attention to him with their defensive fronts and NYG will not have Strahan but they will have Kiwanuka and I betcha Osi plays Sunday. Also don't forget about Robbins, Cofield and Willie Joseph up the middle. NY has the best front four in the game with or without Strahan. Leinart needs to show me more in the NFL before I consider him a viable option. I believe Dallas' secondary will pick him at least twice. GOOD LUCK!