[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shanahan interview

Bronco Billy

on KOA 850 AM @ 7:50 AM Mountain time.

Highlights:

Not taking OAK lightly blah, blah, blah

Of the 10 guys on the injury list: LB Gold, DE Chukwurah, & DE Ekuban got special mention about slow recoveries.

Re running game: T Bell is the starting RB when he's healthy, "is doing a little better than the week before" but "is still not 100%".

Why the offense is more prolific the past 2 weeks: New WRs are stepping up.

Rest is all platitudes...

--------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts:

DEN is going to throw the ball a lot more again. Good news for Plummer/Walker owners.

Shanahan was less cryptic than usual about T Bell's injury - he's not 100%, he's recovery slowly. Odd that he said T Bell is the starter when he is 100% - Shanahan has never been one to assure an injured starter his spot back when he's healthy, and he has made that stance well known.

If Dumervil is still on your WW in IDP leagues, this would be an awfully good week to pick him up. With the DE injuries, he ought to get a lot of playing time vs a team that gives up sacks by the truckload.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Why would Mike get goal line carries when he wasn't getting them all before? :D

Shanny made a decision in the Indy game to give the goal line carries to Mike, when Tatum was playing. I'd see that continueing. Tatum can't pound it like Mike, anyone who's seen them run knows this and i'm sure Shanny has too.

Shanny made a decision in the Indy game to give the goal line carries to Mike, when Tatum was playing. I'd see that continueing. Tatum can't pound it like Mike, anyone who's seen them run knows this and i'm sure Shanny has too.

Ummm, no. Mike will not become the goal line guy. Cleary the Indy game was more about injuries to T. Bell than M. Bell suddenly getting the goal line carries.

Ummm, no. Mike will not become the goal line guy. Cleary the Indy game was more about injuries to T. Bell than M. Bell suddenly getting the goal line carries.

I disagree. I think M Bell is absolutely the goal line RB. It appears Shanahan loves his ability to alternate leaping the LoS & running it in between the tackles.

I disagree. I think M Bell is absolutely the goal line RB. It appears Shanahan loves his ability to alternate leaping the LoS & running it in between the tackles.

I don't think so. M. Bell is no Brandon Jacobs. I think Shanny just needs to get a little more creative in his goal line play calling. Just replacing RB's is not the answer. I was fairly unimpressed with M. Bell last Sunday. I know Pitt is and was good against the run, but the few holes that were there he failed to hit. I don't believe he will replace Tater with Mike on most goal line and short yardage plays.

I don't think so. M. Bell is no Brandon Jacobs. I think Shanny just needs to get a little more creative in his goal line play calling. Just replacing RB's is not the answer. I was fairly unimpressed with M. Bell last Sunday. I know Pitt is and was good against the run, but the few holes that were there he failed to hit. I don't believe he will replace Tater with Mike on most goal line and short yardage plays.

There were no holes that I saw. PIT played hard against the run & dared Plummer to beat them. He did. PIT was obviously committed to completely taking away the run.

You may be right, but I'm not seeing it, especially with T Bell not being effective running inside. As far as Shanahan being more creative with his goal line play calling, why would you think he'd change now? Shanahan is easily one of the most conservative coaches in the league when it comes to the red zone offense. He always has been.