[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

De La Hoya - Mayweather Jr.

Primetime9287

Mayweather vs. De La Hoya

I'm a huge Mayweather fan so I am really excited to see this news. Should get over 1 million PPV buys!

How can anyone be a huge Mayweather fan. The dude turns his back on his family not once but twice, and is nothing more than a punk. I wish he would fight someone though. Im sick of seeing boxing put garbage cans in front of him, and then telling us he is the best pound for pound in the business.

How can anyone be a huge Mayweather fan. The dude turns his back on his family not once but twice, and is nothing more than a punk. I wish he would fight someone though. Im sick of seeing boxing put garbage cans in front of him, and then telling us he is the best pound for pound in the business.

Dismantling Diego Coralles and Arturo Gatti, beating Jose Luis Castillo twice, Jesus Chavez, & Genaro Hernandez. Those are a bunch of "no-names" The only fight that has ever been close was Mayweather - Castillo I, the rest of his fights, Mayweather has dominated. He will do the same vs. De La Hoya. He just has to watch out for the left hook. But like every other fighter, De La Hoya will have a very hard time putting a glove on Mayweather.

Edit: BTW, who out there should he fight? He was going to fight De La Hoya or Mosley but neither wanted to do it so Mayweather went on to Baldomir. Then after he was 18 or 19-0 he was questioned for fighting guys like Hernandez and Manfredy that were so good, so early. And please don't say Margarito...

Edited by Primetime9287

yeah what a punk...cause we all know what an angel floyd sr. is right? lol

I've been waiting for this matchup for a while. Floyd is the best P4P in the game, no doubt. Oscar is past his prime, while Floyd is in his. I think Oscar can beat him. He's a very smart fighter...and trust me he'll have a plan. If PBF wins, it will be boring...with Oscar chasing him around. If Oscar can impose his will on PBF, and make it a fight...a great one it will be. I don't see a KO in this fight though. This fight will break all the PPV records...I will be watching it no doubt! :D

Edited by Hitman

I heard Oscar say on L.A. radio this morning that they are gunning for that 1.95 million households record for PPV (Tyson v. Holyfield, I think). This is his first big one as both fighter and promoter, and he actually admitted that if he loses big, he might retire. But if he wins or its close, he'll likely continue for a bit.

Should announce next weekt whether its at the MGM in Vegas or here at Staples. Its an "LA fight", so hope its here, but the NV tax advantages will probably enable MGM to snag it...

• 3 weeks later...